An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liberals Say Iraq Is Just Like Vietnam!

Lounge Daddy

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1223747' date='Mar 31 2007, 02:32 AM'][url="http://www.bizzyblog.com/?p=760"]SOURCE THE NO-WMDs LIE[/url]

[url="http://www.floppingaces.net/2006/07/01/the-magic-list-of-wmds-in-iraq/"]Other proof[/url][/quote]

I'm curious as to what makes you think that these "sources" are credible?

[quote]Bush warned Dems that if they put a timetable in the bill he would be force to veto it, the dems betrayed the troops, and wasted tax payer dollars by passing a bill they new would not become law.[/quote] I guess I don't quite understand the connection that you're trying to make, are you suggestin that because democrates proposed such a bill, that they betrayed the troops? How are you making that connection if so... :idontknow:

I was also curious, what's everyones thoughts on His Holiness Pope John Paul II being against the initial invasion of Iraq? I believe his words were that it was a "defeat for humanity which could not be morally or legally justified.
".

Edited by RezaLemmyng

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1223764' date='Mar 31 2007, 07:23 AM']I'm curious as to what makes you think that these "sources" are credible?

I guess I don't quite understand the connection that you're trying to make, are you suggestin that because democrates proposed such a bill, that they betrayed the troops? How are you making that connection if so... :idontknow:

I was also curious, what's everyones thoughts on His Holiness Pope John Paul II being against the initial invasion of Iraq? I believe his words were that it was a "defeat for humanity which could not be morally or legally justified.
".[/quote]LOL. I'm very curious what the His Holiness the Pope has said about pulling the troops out now that the US has been there for a few years? How does coincide with Catholic 'morality'?

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1223775' date='Mar 31 2007, 06:54 AM']LOL. I'm very curious what the His Holiness the Pope has said about pulling the troops out now that the US has been there for a few years? How does coincide with Catholic 'morality'?[/quote]

You're Roman Catholic, you tell me.

They are making it like vietnam with their violent war protests (irony). I'm also pretty sure that when the troops do come home,the liberals
will be waiting with picket signs calling them baby killers. (more irony). The liberals want iraq to fail because they HATE bush and got to remember liberals
love terrorists. They are the ones sporting che guevara t-shirts and praising Hugo Chavez, who by the way are no different from the muslim extremsists. I said it before and I'll say it on my death bed. Liberalism is a sin. It's a termite eating away at the foundations of society while saying "what do we do wrong". While everything comes tumbling down. Iraq is not another vietnam. It's crazy how the liberals just cant get over those days.

RezaMikhaeil

How do you explain Pope John Paul II's stance against the war? Some would consider it very "liberal" of a stance [atleast at that time].

Edited by RezaLemmyng

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1223809' date='Mar 31 2007, 09:40 AM']How do you explain Pope John Paul II's stance against the war? Some would consider it very "liberal" of a stance [atleast at that time].[/quote]

He had a very good reason for being against war. He grew up in it. I also remember him saying that since weve been in the war for so long
we must continue to bring peace there. Or something along those lines.

another thing..war...It's constant.It never ends and never will...everything in existance is at war. cells, insects, there are wars in our very bodies! It's a consequence of the fall of man! It wont stop until there is a new heaven and a new earth! It is useless to protest anyhow!

Let's get the facts straight here before we start throwing around the blame

Conservatives said that an invasion of Baghdad was not feasible because there could not be an clear exit strategy (Bush Sr)

NeoCons said "ignore your father's words"

Conservatives said that if you do go to war, you need several hundred thousand troops (Tommy Franks and the rest of the generals)

Neocons (Rumsfeld) said we could do it with technology and much fewer troops

And for the record, liberals sat in the corner and wet themselves.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1223566' date='Mar 31 2007, 12:41 AM']What?

Let me start with Saddam Hussein's trial. He was not tried with war crimes. He as charged with crimes against humanity stemming from the slaughter of thousands of Shites in Southern Iraq who rose against him in the aftermath of the Gulf War.[/quote]

that's because he was tried by the people of Iraq - not the international community

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1223617' date='Mar 31 2007, 01:31 AM']There's a bill for military funding that the Demos loaded with pork and a moronic and artificial timetable. The majority party in congress submitted and passed such a bill for the express purpose of making Bush look bad.

The original funding bill, without the added pork or the timetable, would have funded our troops. Certain parties feel more like playing games with our troops than making actual decisions.[/quote]

EXACTLY
and the party in power know that our brothers and sisters over sees, in the middle of a battle need this funding within a few weeks, but congress set the bill aside and went on vacation

KnightofChrist

Well LD, how else would Madam Speaker lady person have time to visit her friends in a known state sponsor of terrorism? Clearly there are more pressing matters in a state where many of the "insurgents", and their supples come from, than supporting the troops.

Which also leaves no time to publicly support Briton or their kidnapped troops.

Edited by KnightofChrist

catholicinsd

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1223752' date='Mar 31 2007, 04:47 AM']Bush warned Dems that if they put a timetable in the bill he would be force to veto it, the dems betrayed the troops, and wasted tax payer dollars by passing a bill they new would not become law.
And you dishonor you brothers and sisters in arms, they are not boys and girls. You are a boy, they are your elders.[/quote]

Also in this bill that Bush will veto is the fubding our troops need.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1224369' date='Mar 31 2007, 04:55 PM']Also in this bill that Bush will veto is the fubding our troops need.[/quote]

Well, again congress knew full well what would happen, they didnt care. And again as others have pointed out, theres no way to veto a bill when congress hasn't finished the thing, and instead has gone on a vacation. Which I would guess is more important than the troops. That would be the picture congress paints for the troops.