An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anyone Wonder Where Budge Has Been Lately?

N/A Gone

[quote name='Budge' post='1261657' date='May 1 2007, 10:44 AM']Now why do you think I hate you?

If I didnt care I wouldnt be here. :)

Gal 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?[/quote]
i love you budge

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1261636' date='May 1 2007, 09:57 AM']My favorite comment is the one about Phatmass Javascript games being contrary to Ephesians 6. Ummm...OK.[/quote]

I read that and though "Do protestants never play games at work?" And then I thought.. "I wonder if they go on forums at work."

Which made me think "Maybe Catholics are really lazy because of Dust's site... Maybe I should convert"

:idontknow:

Edited by homeschoolmom

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]i wonder what she's like in person [/quote]Probably really nice.

But just as illogical in real life. Writing is a litmus test of logic - if you can't maintain a coherent and consistent argument in the comfort of your own room, when you have time and space to think clearly and express your thoughts lucidly, you'll never do it in a conversation, where you have to leapfrog from topic to topic. In fact, I sometimes suspect that this is why fundamentalists of all religious stripes employ door-to-door missions - it is easier to bring home a totally muddled point when your unwitting listener starts off on a confused footing.

[quote]Now why do you think I hate you?

If I didnt care I wouldnt be here.[/quote]

As somebody has already pointed out, you don't hate us as people. But you do hate the Truth that we live by. All your 'witnessing' is based on hate, Budge. That's plain enough. Why? Because it's all motivated by the fear of Hell and a frantic need to up your soul quota, to get as many people as possible 'saved' so that you and they don't have to fry for eternity. Your posts make it quite clear that for you this is the sum of Christianity. The crucifixion and the Resurrection are get-out clauses from Hell. Nothing more.

My faith is motivated by the exact opposite - the love of God.

He has blessed me with His peace and His trust, and so Hell and the precise workings of salvation don't preoccupy me that much. I'm not looking into the pit; I'm looking to Heaven.

This is why I really don't mind the tail-lashing rants of a group of poor fundamentalists and why I am not particularly interested in what you say about PM on other websites. I pray for you, because you so closely resemble one of the prisoners in Plato's cave; and I wish that you knew how to debate, but beyond that your words have little effect.

Brother Adam

[quote name='Budge' post='1261657' date='May 1 2007, 02:44 PM']Now why do you think I hate you?

If I didnt care I wouldnt be here. :)

Gal 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?[/quote]

rofl. You were saying Aloysius?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1261657' date='May 1 2007, 10:44 AM']Gal 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?[/quote]
There's that mechanism Aloysius was talking about...

Budge, I tell you the truth all the time, but you won't listen to me. Does that mean that you acknowledge it's true?

That's not cool.

I think it's cool that Justin is still being labeled a sockpuppet on the other board thread. :D

Not Catholic, and I found myself bristling at some of the posts. But that's generally a reaction I have to intolerance of any sort.

Luke 6:28 "bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."

Paladin D

[url="http://p094.ezboard.com/Budge-Takes-One-On-The-Chin/fcatholicreformationfrm22.showMessage?topicID=9185.topic"]White Knight and I are quoted[/url]

I'm honored (mine is 3rd post from the top).

Alright boys, time to get out the Holy Water because the demons are screaming!

Edited by Paladin D

Paladin D

Here's an interesting post from the FBC thread, page 2, second from the top by [b]Sid2[/b]:

[quote]. . . and most Catholics on EZBoard have no interest in dialogue, they already have their minds made up, they know all the answers.

That makes facts and evidence irrelevant and dialogue a waste of time.

Catholic apologists specialize in bunny trail theology, then lecture and preach by assertion.

. . . and finish with a side order of insults, name-calling and personal attack.[/quote]

That description fits [b]Budge[/b] like a glove.

Edited by Paladin D

Paladin D

[quote name='Socrates' post='1262120' date='May 1 2007, 10:49 PM']The holiness, integrity, and Christian charity on there is just overwhelming! <_<[/quote]

Tell me about it.

No but seriously, it truely boggles my mind to see such hateful and ignorant words coming out of a group of people who claim to be followers of Christ. Have they even read a Bible, or are they just reading off of Chick tracts? They have more in common with Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church, than with Jesus Christ and the Word of God.

hoosieranna

[quote name='prose' post='1261607' date='May 1 2007, 09:23 AM']Wow. Those people are bitter.[/quote]

And whiny. I've never been treated with anything other than warmth and welcome.

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1262146' date='May 1 2007, 08:35 PM']And whiny. I've never been treated with anything other than warmth and welcome.[/quote]

:D:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1262146' date='May 1 2007, 09:35 PM']And whiny. I've never been treated with anything other than warmth and welcome.[/quote]
Well then, you're well overdo for a beating, aren't you?

What shall it be...club or a board with a nail in it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

:P: jk