An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anyone Wonder Where Budge Has Been Lately?

N/A Gone

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Raphael' post='1262211' date='May 1 2007, 10:42 PM']Well then, you're well overdo for a beating, aren't you?

What shall it be...club or a board with a nail in it?[/quote]

But the humans won't stop there. They'll make bigger boards and bigger nails, and soon, they will make a board with a nail so big, it will destroy them all!

White Knight

Its this type of ignorance that pushes my drive to study the Faith and to LEARN what it Actually teaches, instead of listening to myth, and misconceptions spoken about the Catholic Church.

All this really brings assurance to me.

I will drive forward and grind hard. If people wanna keep believing in the misconceptions, scandals, and lies, about the Church, then that feeds my drive to personally, study the Fullness of the Truth, and utterly crush the walls of anti-catholcism. Like I said in the past about myself, the more people attack the Faith, the More it strengthens my drive to learn the Truth about Catholicism, and its extactly what its claims. The Truth.

Edited by White Knight

Paladin D

[quote name='White Knight' post='1262302' date='May 2 2007, 04:31 AM']Its this type of ignorance that pushes my drive to study the Faith and to LEARN what it Actually teaches, instead of listening to myth, and misconceptions about the Church.
All this really brings assurance to me.
I will drive forward and grind hard. If people wanna keep believing in the misconceptions, scandals, and lies, about the Church, then that feeds my drive to personally, study the Fullness of the Truth, and utterly crush the walls of anti-catholcism. Like I said in the past about myself, the more people attack the Faith, the More it strengthens my drive to learn the Truth about Catholicism, and its extactly what its claims. The Truth.[/quote]

Amen man.

I have noticed far more bitter ex-catholic converts to fundamentalism that I have found bitter ex fundamentalist converts to catholicism. I've always found that curious. I was a tweenaged fundamentalist. I was anticatholic for a few years, but then I found that my sources for my anticatholicism were untruthful. People like Jack Chick, Alberto Rivera, and Charles Chiniquy. And for me, my take on fundamentalist christianity was that it was a matter of truth, among many other things.

For the most part, I look back fondly on those years. There was much that was positive about it. but, the time came when my quest for truth caused me to realise that the Catholic church really is what it says it is. And so I reverted a decade ago.

Anyway, I am babbling

[url="http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformationfrm22.showMessage?topicID=9197.topic"]http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformati...icID=9197.topic[/url]

[quote]Grin, they will roar with each other, in the little protected pond, but HERE? That will be the day, we are officially accepting the challenge.

Bring it on home Phatmass peeps, this group can handle a few Papists, heck, the more the merrier, say we.

Those who are registered there, pass the OK to engage.[/quote]

When are some of you going to come over for a visit?

:lol_roll:

cathoholic_anonymous

Budge, you and your friends are fondly cherishing delusions if you think that it is the sheer force of the fundamentalist intellect that is keeping people away. That seems to be the general consensus over on that board. As I read through it, I raised a sardonic eyebrow, P.G. Wodehouse style, and thought, "Hmm. Vicky, how can you best spend your time today? Point out, for the nine hundredth time, that you do not worship Mary, or go and get some apple cake and a nice new book?"

There wasn't much contest.

As for our 'little protected pond', you and your friends are forgetting that we do not live in a Phatmass enclave that is surrounded by crack members of the Swiss Guard, wielding thuribles that have been converted into smoke bombs and industrial hose pipes filled with holy water. (I wish...) We go outside. We walk down the street. We attend university and have jobs. We have encountered fundamentalist Christians before. The things you come out with are not new to us. In fact, as other people have already pointed out, a lot of people on this debate table used to be Evangelical or fundamentalist Christians themselves.

Thirdly, the only converts from Catholicism to Evangelical and fundamentalist Christianity that I have ever met were very ill-informed about their own faith. Some fundamentalist missionary told them that Catholics believe Mary to be equal with God...and they believed it. Fundamentalist Christians make their converts not by preaching truth, but by [b]lying[/b] about what Catholics actually believe.

Catholics make their converts by simply stating what Catholicism really is. We don't try to deconstruct the varying forms of Protestantism in order to convince people that we have a point. That's not a priority for us. Why? Because the truth can stand alone.

The difference between the two methods says it all.

Edited by Cathoholic Anonymous

I took a look at that forum. I was struck with two immediate thoughts. First, it appears that we are dealing with a conspiratorial view of everything from church history, politics and theology to everything from message boards and coffee planting. (tongue in cheek on that one)I do suspect that a few individuals there may even be suffering from some form of mental disorder, such as paranoid delusions.

While I encourage open discussion and dialogue I would be careful not to frequent that forum since to do so only adds a credibility to their position which it doesn't deserve nor merit.

Father G

[quote]Budge, you and your friends are fondly cherishing delusions if you think that it is the sheer force of the fundamentalist intellect that is keeping people away. That seems to be the general consensus over on that board. As I read through it, I raised a sardonic eyebrow, P.G. Wodehouse style, and thought, "Hmm. Vicky, how can you best spend your time today? Point out, for the nine hundredth time, that you do not worship Mary, or go and get some apple cake and a nice new book?"[/quote]As for your staying away, I think that Catholics cant deal with the mixture of scripture, real world events, and more at once. You want to keep quibbling over the paperwork.

We got a few Catholic diehards, but I wish they would move beyond the slogans and defense modes. Even they avoid some threads with a 30 foot pole, there are some many things really even the best diehard Catholic apologist cant excuse in the Catholic Church. Better to ignore it and pretend its not happening.

Here is an example of one of those threads, none of the Catholics would touch with a 30 foot pole...

[url="http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformationfrm22.showMessage?topicID=9178.topic"]http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformati...icID=9178.topic[/url]

[quote]

As for our 'little protected pond', you and your friends are forgetting that we do not live in a Phatmass enclave that is surrounded by crack members of the Swiss Guard, wielding thuribles that have been converted into smoke bombs and industrial hose pipes filled with holy water. (I wish...) We go outside. We walk down the street. We attend university and have jobs. We have encountered fundamentalist Christians before. The things you come out with are not new to us. In fact, as other people have already pointed out, a lot of people on this debate table used to be Evangelical or fundamentalist Christians themselves.[/quote]

having Mom drag you to Methodist church once, doesnt mean you are an ex-Bible Thumper...;)

[quote]
Thirdly, the only converts from Catholicism to Evangelical and fundamentalist Christianity that I have ever met were very ill-informed about their own faith. [/quote]You know telling people over and over "You dont know anything" or are "ill-informed" really is only a diversion.

[quote]

Some fundamentalist missionary told them that Catholics believe Mary to be equal with God...and they believed it. Fundamentalist Christians make their converts not by preaching truth, but by lying about what Catholics actually believe.[/quote]

Unless a person AGREED with your beliefs, you would claim they were lying, perhaps with the exception of an extremely milquetoast Protestant who is about to swim the Tiber.
[quote]Catholics make their converts by simply stating what Catholicism really is. We don't try to deconstruct the varying forms of Protestantism in order to convince people that we have a point. That's not a priority for us. Why? Because the truth can stand alone.[/quote]

Why would you need to, most of Protestantism--every mainline church out there and more and more of the evangelicals are joined with you guys.

[quote]First, it appears that we are dealing with a conspiratorial view of everything from church history[/quote]Thats funny given that the majority of the stories reported on come from mainstream church approved links like www.zenit.org, Catholic blogs and even the Vatican website itself from time to time.

[quote]

do suspect that a few individuals there may even be suffering from some form of mental disorder, such as paranoid delusions.[/quote]

The claim of "mental disorders" is just another technique...

[url="http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformationfrm8.showMessageRange?topicID=9.topic&start=1&stop=20"]http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformati...t=1&stop=20[/url]

Catholic answer to all of this..?

[url="http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformationfrm23"]http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformationfrm23[/url]

"That's not really happening".

Actually when I started doing this work, I thought naively {yes} that once I told Catholics [this was right after I left the Catholic Church] what was happening that they would take notice, and deal with the information.

Most dont, but shut their eyes, ears and more. There have been a FEW who have listened.

I suppose that was one shocking thing to deal with, how things simply dont want to be faced within the Catholic Church.

Edited by Budge

Hey some of you get upset I dont answer all your arguments but with some threads, I said what needed said. I simply disagree with your argument, I dont need to turn every Mary thread into a 30 page thread.

Also there is ONE of me...and what 20 of you all? {Im the only fundamentalist Christian here, the other Protestants here, except the one guy who recently left are all on YOUR SIDE of things, and even if they admit an error or two, most are about to convert in}

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1262431' date='May 2 2007, 10:02 AM']Hey some of you get upset I dont answer all your arguments but with some threads, I said what needed said. I simply disagree with your argument, I dont need to turn every Mary thread into a 30 page thread.

Also there is ONE of me...and what 20 of you all? {Im the only fundamentalist Christian here, the other Protestants here, except the one guy who recently left are all on YOUR SIDE of things, and even if they admit an error or two, most are about to convert in}[/quote]
Budge, if you said all that needed to be said from your side on our little debate on the Immaculate Conception, then you just proved there are no reasons to believe against the Immaculate Conception.

Also, coming here and claiming that we're all ganging up against you when many of us have tried to have one-on-one threads with you which you promptly ignored...that's not honest.

God bless,

Micah

Paladin D

Why would I want to use my valuable time wasting my breath on a group of bigoted individuals? If I knew I wouldn't be ganged up by the same straw-man arguments time and time again, which I've encountered and refuted countless times before, I would gladly hop aboard. But for now, I have a life to attend to.

Put that on the front page of the daily CR board. Your editors can claim I'm making excuses, if it comforts their insecurities.

Edited by Paladin D