An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey Everyone!

Sixtina87

ofpheritup

Welcome Home.

I wanted to say how proud of you I am. I see you maturing into a beautiful young woman. You are growing in grace and wisdom, persevering thru the "tough stuff" that life unfortunately offers. Good for you.

You have been blessed by your college experience and I am sure you have been a blessing to others while there.

There is no doubt that someday when (not if) you become a sister you will be a blessing to the community as well.

Sixtina87

Question? What is up with the "not if" part of your comment opher?? Not to be mean or anything...it was bugging me!!!! That s all!!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

Sixtina87

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1267900' date='May 8 2007, 09:02 AM']i bet it is! ^_^ i was thinking of going there for a while...[/quote]

Again all the more reason to convince Lauren to go to Magdalen! WE could be room-mates! And of crouse we could be in the same classes....such as Choir!

ofpheritup

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1268000' date='May 8 2007, 10:38 AM']Question? What is up with the "not if" part of your comment opher?? Not to be mean or anything...it was bugging me!!!! That s all!!!![/quote]

Okay, let me see if I can explain this. The use of the word WHEN means some definitive time in the future. IF means it (whatever it is) may or may not happen. When I say "not if" I am saying is that there is no question that you have a calling to the religious life. "Not if" is actually a positive statement.

I hope this helps.

Edited by ofpheritup

Sixtina87

Thanks for your reply! I was just wondering what it meant since it kind of threw me off abit....nothing bad came to mind, i was just wanted to know your side of your comments! thats all!

God Bless!

Christus Resurexit Halleluia! (sp?)

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1268002' date='May 8 2007, 11:40 AM']Again all the more reason to convince Lauren to go to Magdalen! WE could be room-mates! And of crouse we could be in the same classes....such as Choir![/quote]

That would be fun! ^_^ But, it's sooo far from TX. :sweat: And I don't know if I could get in...

:blush:

Sixtina87

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1268104' date='May 8 2007, 02:11 PM']That would be fun! ^_^ But, it's sooo far from TX. :sweat: And I don't know if I could get in...

:blush:[/quote]

WOW!!! I live in ILL, it is over a 14 hours drive! There are 2 or 3 people from Texas!!! I wasn't sure I was going to get in and my grades aren't always the best...but I got in!!!! LOL!!!! I honestly dont think they reject anyone!!!! you should try it for atleast a semester!!!!!!!!!!

Ora et Labora

maybe. it's in a little whiel though, so, that's good. :) i wanted to major in voice performance at Same Houston State University...I love the campus and everything, but the voice performers are SO flaky and such airheads! lol!! And, i would really love to have a chapel on campus. it sounds like the perfect college for me...maybe i should go to one of y'alls summer programs. ^_^

Sixtina87

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1268141' date='May 8 2007, 03:26 PM']maybe. it's in a little whiel though, so, that's good. :) i wanted to major in voice performance at Same Houston State University...I love the campus and everything, but the voice performers are SO flaky and such airheads! lol!! And, i would really love to have a chapel on campus. it sounds like the perfect college for me...maybe i should go to one of y'alls summer programs. ^_^[/quote]

GREAT IDEA!!!! Sr. Louise Marie got me into it last summer...it is 2 week program....with classes everyday for about 40 minutes or so...Fr. Felix is awesome! During the summer campus, the dean of students is there...but the camp counselors are students from Maggie U...some are in my class! I would call Magdalen and see about getting in....tell them i sent you and that the Sister Servants sent you as well. I was 19 when I went last summer...but i'm sure they will allow you to go. Let me know.....

YOU SHOULD GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!! MAGGIE U IS THE BEST!!!!

Ora et Labora

OMG, Selene would NOT stop talking about Fr. Felix...I actually talked to him on the phone!! haha! Selene and her family and me and my family were at the guest house together at OLAM for a whole week, which was just really fun to do that with her and her family...I answered the phone and it was Fr. Felix asking for Selene. haha! ^_^ I think he went to Alaska to visit her up there last summer, right? Well, not this summer (I'm catching up with my Seton stuff) but definitely nect. :D: My mom really really wants me to go to the college.

Sixtina87

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1268380' date='May 8 2007, 08:01 PM']OMG, Selene would NOT stop talking about Fr. Felix...I actually talked to him on the phone!! haha! Selene and her family and me and my family were at the guest house together at OLAM for a whole week, which was just really fun to do that with her and her family...I answered the phone and it was Fr. Felix asking for Selene. haha! ^_^ I think he went to Alaska to visit her up there last summer, right? Well, not this summer (I'm catching up with my Seton stuff) but definitely nect. :D: My mom really really wants me to go to the college.[/quote]

Fr. Felix is a AWESOME PERSON!!!! He calls me his girl and he is very over-protective of the girls at school. My first semester @ Maggie U., Father chased me down the hall with Water to get the demons out of me...he still keeps saying I need an exorcism....every once in awhile.....however before school ended he asked me to get him a cup of coffee...and to use the balck mans cup (black colored coffee cup) instead I gave him a white man's cup...he forgave me and since I am white and he loves me so I was forgiven! It was hysterical! He also asked me to come to Africa with him next summer! WOW!!!

Sixtina87

oh but you should seriously come to school next semester whether or not you have seen the school...i could give ya tips and so could selene and theresa!!!!

Ora et Labora

yah!!! he sounds completely awesome!! more guys should be protective of women. ;) yah, that would be so totally awesome. :D:

Sixtina87

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1268434' date='May 8 2007, 09:03 PM']yah!!! he sounds completely awesome!! more guys should be protective of women. ;) yah, that would be so totally awesome. :D:[/quote]

Call Magdalen and get your apps girl!!!! I want to see you there next semester!!!! There have been a few of my classmates who never visited until they went there......trust me you will love it!!!!!!!! Of course, dad, mom, lauren and the rest of your family can come to visit during parents weekend which is in the beginning of the semester...it is so much fun!!!!!!!! I have never been happier in my life than at Maggie U!!!!

That's wonderful, Nicole, it's good to hear you so happy again. :) That's awesome, God Bless you!