An Old School Catholic Message Board

Minor Rogation

Moneybags

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1277854' date='May 19 2007, 11:25 PM'][hijack] I agree completely about St Francis de Sales. I've read a lot of his stuff. He's great. [/hijack][/quote]

Haha yeah he is awesome. What have you read?

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1277853' date='May 19 2007, 07:23 PM']Yeah, if the site has the word "Tridentine" you avoid it like the plague, right?

And I have never posted anywhere near 200 self-promoting comments. Never![/quote]

I take hot stuff in the 11th..

wait.. this ain't vegas..

:stumbles out of the room:

franciscanheart

[quote name='Luthien' post='1277855' date='May 19 2007, 08:26 PM']Haha yeah he is awesome. What have you read?[/quote]
The first book I picked up was [u]Thy Will Be Done![/u] which is a compilation of his letters to people in the world. Really great book. Then I picked up [u]Introduction to the Devout Life[/u] and now am getting into his [u]Finding God's Will For You[/u]. What all have you been reading?

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1277853' date='May 19 2007, 07:23 PM']Yeah, if the site has the word "Tridentine" you avoid it like the plague, right?

And I have never posted anywhere near 200 self-promoting comments. Never![/quote]

Keep it up kiddo. You have much to learn. Honestly I'm glad you were insincere about leaving. Maybe you'll learn a few things about the Faith here.

And no its not 200

However, anyone can go back and look. Last time I checked you had referenced your own blog in roughly half your comments. And you referenced a Church document to support your position in two comments. That was about a month ago.

Enough said

wow ... I thought this thread was dead and gone ... someone was itchin' for a fight today

:mellow:

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1277860' date='May 19 2007, 11:39 PM']The first book I picked up was [u]Thy Will Be Done![/u] which is a compilation of his letters to people in the world. Really great book. Then I picked up [u]Introduction to the Devout Life[/u] and now am getting into his [u]Finding God's Will For You[/u]. What all have you been reading?[/quote]

I'm currently reading Thy Will Be Done, and I'm picking at Intro to the Devout Life. They're all my hubbys books, so I am very blessed to have married a man with such an extensive book collection. :lol_roll:

franciscanheart

[quote name='Luthien' post='1277871' date='May 19 2007, 08:54 PM']I'm currently reading Thy Will Be Done, and I'm picking at Intro to the Devout Life. They're all my hubbys books, so I am very blessed to have married a man with such an extensive book collection. :lol_roll:[/quote]
Thy Will Be Done is what hooked me too! I found myself typing out some of those letters to send to friends.. with a recommendation to pick up the book of course. ;) (BTW, aren't those now also your books? What a blessing!)

i think i have [u]Introduction to the Devout Life[/u], but of course it is buried in a box right now somewhere

ofpheritup

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1277810' date='May 19 2007, 06:57 PM']PS: I have decided to stay but not post often. It's better that way.[/quote]

I am glad, that you have decided to stay.
I have read thru all the comments and I would like to add mine to the list.

I understand how everyone feels but for some comments it would have served the Phamily better had they
been PM'ed to St. B.

He expressed an opinion, that is it, if you don't agree, don't.
I do not understand the "hatred." There is no place on this site for it.

Moderator, anyone?