An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kindergartners To Be Taught Homosexuality, Bisexuality, And Transsexu

Katholikos

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282271' date='May 27 2007, 06:53 PM']At four years of age some children are being sexually fondled by parents, relatives or other associates. The reality dictates we teach them.[/quote]

You're changing the subject, the discussion was about Kindergartners being Taught Homosexuality, Bisexuality, And Transsexuality. How does knowledge of these topics educate children about sexual abuse?

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1282256' date='May 27 2007, 05:39 PM']Well, the truth is that the behavior exhibited by these people is disordered.[/quote]
By whose standards?

[quote name='SJP' post='1282272' date='May 27 2007, 05:54 PM']So when a four year old gets hit by a car while playing in the street we should say "Well it was his decision"??[/quote]
Who else did you want to blame?

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282277' date='May 27 2007, 07:02 PM']Who else did you want to blame?[/quote]

Perhaps the parent who is responsible for the safety of his/her child??

[quote name='SJP' post='1282275' date='May 27 2007, 05:57 PM']You're changing the subject, the discussion was about Kindergartners being Taught Homosexuality, Bisexuality, And Transsexuality. How does knowledge of these topics educate children about sexual abuse?[/quote]
I'm not sure. You were the one that compared homosexuality, bi-sexuality and trans-sexuals to murder, rape and adultry.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282255' date='May 27 2007, 05:38 PM']LOL, Apples, pears and grapes exist but I wouldn't exactly call them oranges.

Those issues that you pointed out I would inform children as early as possible. If just to make them aware that these things happen. I am not supporting that school faculties teach kids how to teach kids how to murder, rape or commit adultry but just to teach kids that they exist. I don’t necessarily believe that there is a factor of age anymore. The sooner a child is informed the better. The children of today are not as naïve or immature as they were 20 years ago. They are learning how to right script in kindergarten (I didn’t learn this until the third grade!!) and how to use computers and they are more curious than before. Kids have questions, teachers teach kids.[/quote]
So are you saying that a so called "Immature or Naive CHILD" should grow up quickly to suit the needs of our times! I get mad when I see topics like this! It is because of people like you,that I am FORCED to teach my children about perverse subjects such as this. This does not add to there education. This grooms them into being mindless robots with no moral compass. If it feels good,do it,huh? It must be right? Go ahead eat the apple,you too can be like GOD! Script writing and computers are not even close to anal sex and having a little surgery to change how God makes me,Just because it makes me feel good about myself!

We are all going to suffer for this great evil someday. I pray that my own children can wade safely though this sea of filth! JC :annoyed:

[quote name='SJP' post='1282278' date='May 27 2007, 06:04 PM']Perhaps the parent who is responsible for the safety of his/her child??[/quote]
It will never hold in court, at the most, people will probably perceive this incident as an "accident".

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282280' date='May 27 2007, 07:05 PM']I'm not sure. You were the one that compared homosexuality, bi-sexuality and trans-sexuals to murder, rape and adultry.[/quote]

No, I followed your line of reasoning.

You said that children should be educated about the realities of the world as soon as possible. Murder, rape, and adultery are realities, just like homosexuality.

However I'd still like an answer to my question How does knowledge of homosexuality and bisexuality educate children about sexual abuse?

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]At four years of age some children are being sexually fondled by parents, relatives or other associates. The reality dictates we teach them.[/quote]

I have helped young people who have been sexually abused. One of them has just been released from an extremely long stay in psychiatric care. She was fourteen when she was hospitalised, not four...and her consultant in the hospital explicitly forbade her to read books that deal with rape and sexual abuse, in spite of her age and intellectual ability. Why? Because that sort of thing is enough to trigger panic attacks, give her nightmares, make it harder for her to cope. When she was taken to see the film [i]Memoirs of a Geisha[/i] with a group of other patients from the unit she had a bad anxiety attack in the middle of the cinema as a result of the sexual content and had to be tranquillised.

So while you might think that the best way to help children who have been raped and abused is to teach about rape and abuse in schools, the medical profession disagrees. And for good reason.

Look at it in another way. My little nephew was terrified after hearing the story of Little Red Riding Hood, as he thought that a wolf might be hiding under his bed. We explained to him time and time again that there are no wolves in England, but for a few weeks he refused to go to sleep alone. If a fairytale can do that to a child, how do you expect them to react to a kindergarten lesson on rape?

Regarding homosexuality, Aloysius is right. This is a highly charged moral issue and it is not the place of schools to try and influence their young students into following a particular direction. In other threads, you have spoken out against teaching 'the truth'. You have advocated out-and-out relativism. So why have you become an absolutist here?

Edited by Cathoholic Anonymous

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282283' date='May 27 2007, 07:10 PM']It will never hold in court, at the most, people will probably perceive this incident as an "accident".[/quote]

I have to disagree with you on that one. I think [b]negligence [/b]would be a better term to describe a situation where a mother allowed her 5 year old to make his own decision about playing in the street. Wouldn't you agree??

Edited by SJP

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282276' date='May 27 2007, 06:00 PM']By whose standards?[/quote]
GODS!
Gn 1;27
Gn 2;21-24
Gn 19
Lv 18;22
Lv 20;13
Rom 1;27
1 Cor 6;9
1 tim 1;9-10

Common sense!
A man's body
A woman's body
Meant to go together! :marriage:

A man and A man :think: :no:
A woman and a woman :bigthink: :ohno:

God makes you a man, you want to be a woman,God messed up????? Is that what you are saying?
God makes you a woman and you want to be a man,darn those ovaries,what was God thinking!???

Silly GOD,Sex is for HUMANS!

Edited by jckinsman

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282235' date='May 27 2007, 03:52 PM']Yes, homosexuals, bisexuals and Transexuals actually exist.[/quote]

They are a reality, but not truths, and until children are able to discern the difference for themselves this subject should not be brougt to their attention.

Will you show a kindergarden child the history of mass murderers in north america (graphic images included)? Of course not, because they are not ready to understand and discern right from wrong contained within these dreadful acts. Some things children are not ready to learn until later and this sex ed program is one of them.

[quote]jckinsman writes: So are you saying that a so called "Immature or Naive CHILD" should grow up quickly to suit the needs of our times! [/quote]So I assume you are a parent who sews all of your children’s clothes, travels by horse and carriage, scoops toothpaste out of a can, uses candles for light and churns butter manually?
[quote]jckinsman writes:I get mad when I see topics like this! It is because of people like you,that I am FORCED to teach my children about perverse subjects such as this.[/quote]
I am neither homosexual, a teacher or a California Senate.
[quote]jckinsman writes:This does not add to there education. This grooms them into being mindless robots with no moral compass. [/quote]If you re-read post #20 you will see that the “morality” issues will most likely be the responsibility of the parents. Will children support these issues at a time when they are ready to experience sex? Time will tell. All I know is that even with parent’s best efforts and intentions, homosexuals, bi-sexuals and trans-sexuals have to come from some place.
[quote]jckinsman writes: If it feels good,do it,huh? It must be right? Go ahead eat the apple,you too can be like GOD![/quote]
Actually, I have never endorsed sex as nutrition. One can go their whole life without having sex and still have a productive existence. There are people who have died without ever having experienced a sexual relationship but I have never heard of reports where a person died because they remained abstinent.
[quote]jckinsman writes: Script writing and computers are not even close to anal sex and having a little surgery to change how God makes me,Just because it makes me feel good about myself![/quote]God made humans with the gift of free will. What kind of recipient would we be if we did not exercise this freedom?
[quote]jckinsman writes: We are all going to suffer for this great evil someday. I pray that my own children can wade safely though this sea of filth! JC[/quote]
Instead of praying for them, we may want to consider teaching them, besides GOD is already aware and understanding of human nature and sexual preference.