An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kindergartners To Be Taught Homosexuality, Bisexuality, And Transsexu

Katholikos

ofpheritup

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1282219' date='May 27 2007, 03:13 PM']Isn't it nice when are schools are doing such a great job that they can add thing to the regular curriculum? Ignore the giant pool of sarcasm.

The truth of the matter is that US schools are falling further and further behind the rest of the world and no one knows why. Could it be that instead of reading, writing, math and science we are teaching this garbage?[/quote]

It's also what used to be the "3 R's" turning into what I call the "2P's" it is now all about Paperwork and Politics. Our teachers are drowning in paperwork and are expected to keep the parents, coworkers, etc. happy.

I have been a Substitute Teacher for over 10 years and I have literally seen it all. It's scary sometimes. Please pray.

As to what is being taught, speak up, get "squeaky." :shock: If I had a child in that situation I would pull them out of the classroom for the time that, "that material" is being taught.

I wonder if the A.C.L.J. knows what is going on? Probably.

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1282300' date='May 27 2007, 06:33 PM']GODS!
Gn 1;27
Gn 2;21-24
Gn 19
Lv 18;22
Lv 20;13
Rom 1;27
1 Cor 6;9
1 tim 1;9-10

Common sense!
A man's body
A woman's body
Meant to go together! :marriage:

A man and A man :think: :no:
A woman and a woman :bigthink: :ohno:

God makes you a man, you want to be a woman,God messed up????? Is that what you are saying?
God makes you a woman and you want to be a man,darn those ovaries,what was God thinking!???

Silly GOD,Sex is for HUMANS![/quote]

Thank you jckinsman.

That is the truth. A man and a woman fit together. When they are together they are capable of producing new life and sustaining the human species. It is just that basic.

[quote name='SJP' post='1282284' date='May 27 2007, 06:12 PM']No, I followed your line of reasoning.
You said that children should be educated about the realities of the world as soon as possible. Murder, rape, and adultery are realities, just like homosexuality.[/quote]
Yes but the OP was about teaching kids about the realities of homosexuality, bi-sexuality and trans-sexuals. I didn't mention anything about murder, rape and adultry until you brought it up. In no way did my reasoning imply that these realities be logically lumped together. With the exception of adultry, murder and rape are illegal. It is not against the law to be homosexual, bi-sexual or trans-sexual. I still think it was a good idea that you brought these issues into the discussion, I feel it is important to discuss these topics with children as well but I certainly do not deserve the credit for introducing them into this conversation.
[quote]SJP writes: However I'd still like an answer to my question How does knowledge of homosexuality and bisexuality educate children about sexual abuse?[/quote]

I think I offered two opinions on this.

1. Possibly to avoid finding themselves in a position that they would not desire to be involved in. (Post #30)
2. I'm not sure. (Post #35)

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282318' date='May 27 2007, 08:00 PM']Yes but the OP was about teaching kids about the realities of homosexuality, bi-sexuality and trans-sexuals. I didn't mention anything about murder, rape and adultry until you brought it up. In no way did my reasoning imply that these realities be logically lumped together. With the exception of adultry, murder and rape are illegal. It is not against the law to be homosexual, bi-sexual or trans-sexual. I still think it was a good idea that you brought these issues into the discussion, I feel it is important to discuss these topics with children as well but I certainly do not deserve the credit for introducing them into this conversation.[/quote]

You're right, I'm confusing posts. my mistake.

[quote name='SJP' post='1282287' date='May 27 2007, 06:15 PM']I have to disagree with you on that one. I think [b]negligence [/b]would be a better term to describe a situation where a mother allowed her 5 year old to make his own decision about playing in the street. Wouldn't you agree??[/quote]
Yes, if judgment was requisite of human nature.

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1282300' date='May 27 2007, 06:33 PM']GODS!
Gn 1;27
Gn 2;21-24
Gn 19
Lv 18;22
Lv 20;13
Rom 1;27
1 Cor 6;9
1 tim 1;9-10

Common sense!
A man's body
A woman's body

A woman and a woman :bigthink: :ohno:

God makes you a man, you want to be a woman,God messed up????? Is that what you are saying?
God makes you a woman and you want to be a man,darn those ovaries,what was God thinking!???

Silly GOD,Sex is for HUMANS![/quote]
The Bible in not a required textbook in public school systems. Even if it was part of the curriculum it would be severely outdated.

[quote]jckinsman writes: Common sense!
A man's body
A woman's body

A woman and a woman :bigthink: :ohno:[/quote]

Regardless of some people's heterosexual preference, homosexuality, bi-sexuality and trans-sexuality happens. It happens everyday, it is happening right now, with no evidence of a sentencing, punishment or judgment from a Higher BEing.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282305' date='May 27 2007, 06:41 PM']So I assume you are a parent who sews all of your children’s clothes, travels by horse and carriage, scoops toothpaste out of a can, uses candles for light and churns butter manually?

I am neither homosexual, a teacher or a California Senate.
If you re-read post #20 you will see that the “morality” issues will most likely be the responsibility of the parents. Will children support these issues at a time when they are ready to experience sex? Time will tell. All I know is that even with parent’s best efforts and intentions, homosexuals, bi-sexuals and trans-sexuals have to come from some place.

Actually, I have never endorsed sex as nutrition. One can go their whole life without having sex and still have a productive existence. There are people who have died without ever having experienced a sexual relationship but I have never heard of reports where a person died because they remained abstinent.
God made humans with the gift of free will. What kind of recipient would we be if we did not exercise this freedom?

Instead of praying for them, we may want to consider teaching them, besides GOD is already aware and understanding of human nature and sexual preference.[/quote]
I am a parent concerned about people with your thoughts and ideas. Yes, I do however wish we could go just a little back to simple times! I 'd like to go back to when they thought that this behavior was sinful. Not a mandatory required subject. Charles Manson had free will too,a gift also from our Lord,he also exercised it. Is what he did okay,because it was a gift from God????? Free will is the CHOICE to do whats right, not whatever you please.

Thank you for NOT being a teacher or go for a senate seat,California, is messed up enough! No offense California, Washington can be the same way. If they are going to do this,they should make it easy to homeschool in the State!

Yes, Our Lord is painfully aware of human nature and sexual preference,why do you think he sweat blood? JC

[quote name='Didacus' post='1282303' date='May 27 2007, 06:38 PM']They are a reality, but not truths.[/quote]

Homosexuality, bi-sexuality and people changing their sex happens. It is a Truth. There are many people who exist happily and live fulfilling lives with their sexual preferences. This is the Truth. Some of these kindergarten children have a parent who is living one of these existences. When they see that other children who have a family structure of an adult male and female figure they are bound to become curious and ask questions. I for one do not feel it is right to lie to children.

[quote]Didacus writes: Will you show a kindergarden child the history of mass murderers in north america (graphic images included)? Of course not, because they are not ready to understand and discern right from wrong contained within these dreadful acts.[/quote]What does mass murder have to do with sex? What you are basically talking about is death and you will eventually have to explain to kids about the aspects of death if they ask (the good, bad and the ugly). When you bring your child to a funeral, what do you tell that child when he/she inquires why Grandma is just laying there and not joining the party? What are you going to tell a crying child who brings you to the mangled remains of their puppy that was run over by a car in the street?

[quote]Didacus writes: Some things children are not ready to learn until later and this sex ed program is one of them.[/quote]

There is a certain way to approach children about any subject and one of those ways is not to look down upon them or belittle them or keep them ignorant just because of their age or because a parent feels they are not intelligent enough to understand something. This is negligent and disrespectful on the part of a parent because when some awkward or traumatic situation does actually happen, neither parent or child will want to find themselves in such a regretful position.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282332' date='May 27 2007, 07:20 PM']The Bible in not a required textbook in public school systems. Even if it was part of the curriculum it would be severely outdated.
Regardless of some people's heterosexual preference, homosexuality, bi-sexuality and trans-sexuality happens. It happens everyday, it is happening right now, with no evidence of a sentencing, punishment or judgment from a Higher BEing.[/quote]
I wish the teaching of our Lord was a required textbook, it is actually timeless! Try reading it sometime! JC

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1282349' date='May 27 2007, 08:07 PM']I wish the teaching of our Lord was a required textbook, it is actually timeless! Try reading it sometime! JC[/quote]
I'm not quite sure what you are insinuating here but when the New York Educational Program pushed for the vote of teaching animal sacrifices and stonings to our Elementary School district I voted positive.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282321' date='May 27 2007, 08:07 PM']Yes, if judgment was requisite of human nature.[/quote]

It is.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282347' date='May 27 2007, 08:59 PM']Homosexuality, bi-sexuality and people changing their sex happens. It is a Truth. There are many people who exist happily and live fulfilling lives with their sexual preferences. This is the Truth. Some of these kindergarten children have a parent who is living one of these existences. When they see that other children who have a family structure of an adult male and female figure they are bound to become curious and ask questions. I for one do not feel it is right to lie to children.

What does mass murder have to do with sex? What you are basically talking about is death and you will eventually have to explain to kids about the aspects of death if they ask (the good, bad and the ugly). When you bring your child to a funeral, what do you tell that child when he/she inquires why Grandma is just laying there and not joining the party? What are you going to tell a crying child who brings you to the mangled remains of their puppy that was run over by a car in the street?
There is a certain way to approach children about any subject and one of those ways is not to look down upon them or belittle them or keep them ignorant just because of their age or because a parent feels they are not intelligent enough to understand something. This is negligent and disrespectful on the part of a parent because when some awkward or traumatic situation does actually happen, neither parent or child will want to find themselves in such a regretful position.[/quote]

When designing curriculum, adminstrators always make judgments about what material ought to be included in that curriculum. The fact that these particular administrators and Senators have decided to include Homosexuality, Bisexuality, And Transsexuality into grade school curriculum shows that they have an agenda. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having an agenda, we all do (hence the reason that there can never be a value neutral/free education).

The reason that we can make the connection between murder, sex, and rape is because you seem to believe that children should be exposed to all reality as soon as possible, so why not rape and murder?

Furthermore, why not teach that rape and murder are legitimate means of expression? There are certainly people who believe that such activities are acceptable. By your line of reasoning, shouldn't we expose children to all perspectives and realities as soon as possible? And if we shouldn't, Why shouldn't we? Who do you believe has the authority to decide what curriculum should consist of?

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282353' date='May 27 2007, 08:21 PM']I'm not quite sure what you are insinuating here but when the New York Educational Program pushed for the vote of teaching animal sacrifices and stonings to our Elementary School district I voted positive.[/quote]
Again,..........I was responding to your Quote in the above text! JC

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282353' date='May 27 2007, 08:21 PM']I'm not quite sure what you are insinuating here but when the New York Educational Program pushed for the vote of teaching animal sacrifices and stonings to our Elementary School district I voted positive.[/quote]
Again...............I was responding to your quote above! I can not help that if it's to hard to understand! I think that you would , if you could,vote for just about anything so ridiculous that comes down the pike. JC :D:

[quote]Carrdero writes: Yes, if judgment was requisite of human nature.[/quote][quote name='SJP' post='1282398' date='May 27 2007, 10:24 PM']It is.[/quote]
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged" (Matthew 7:1)

[quote]SJP writes: When designing curriculum, adminstrators always make judgments about what material ought to be included in that curriculum. The fact that these particular administrators and Senators have decided to include Homosexuality, Bisexuality, And Transsexuality into grade school curriculum shows that they have an agenda. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having an agenda, we all do (hence the reason that there can never be a value neutral/free education). [/quote]Granted.

[quote]SJP writes: Furthermore, why not teach that rape and murder are legitimate means of expression? There are certainly people who believe that such activities are acceptable.[/quote]
This is not the responsibility of the teachers, it is the responsibility of the parents and (in which life has taught us) these parent teachings are not guaranteed. Akalyte is talking about homeschooling (Post #41). Does anyone think that any kind of schooling is going to prevent a child from growing up and choosing their sexual preference or guarantee that certain children will or will not grow up to become mass murders?
[quote]By your line of reasoning, shouldn't we expose children to all perspectives and realities as soon as possible? [/quote]I do. When is it a good time to do this? Preferrably before parents convince their children of Santa Claus and after a child understands that “cookie is good”.
[quote]SJP writes: Who do you believe has the authority to decide what curriculum should consist of?[/quote]
The ones people voted into office. That is what the public are paying them for.

Edited by carrdero