An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kindergartners To Be Taught Homosexuality, Bisexuality, And Transsexu

Katholikos

KnightofChrist

"No Republican senator rose to speak against the bill."

Wimps, weak... which is the real reason Republicans lost the last election, their wimps they remain silent while America is lead to hell.

HollyDolly

I don't have any kids in school,but certainly would not want them learning this stuff.I would talk to them about it.
It's my responsiblity,not the schools.They are already trying to teach kids,manners,a work ethic and other things that have nothing to do with education because of some irresponsible parents who won't do anything with their kids.
My parents told me about things.I recall one day hearing the song Lola by the Kinks on the car radio.My dad said it was a dirty song.I think I asked him why,and he explained it.Never would have thought of that.Read the lyrics and you'll see what I mean.I used to think the song Bridge over troubled waters by Simon and Garfunkel was about Jesus,but actually it's a drug song.

[quote]"Do not judge, or you too will be judged" (Matthew 7:1)[/quote]Context context context. "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea." Mark 9: 42

[quote]This is not the responsibility of the teachers, it is the responsibility of the parents[/quote]

We've already established the fact that education cannot be value free. [b]Every[/b] curriculum document contains value judgments. When educators promote and Senators pass legislation about curriculum, it becomes the responsibility of teachers.

[quote]The ones people voted into office. That is what the public are paying them for.[/quote]

In the ideal situation, you're right. However, the ideal situation would include the public having some sort of moral compass, which is most certainly lacking in the present case.

And that's the problem, our society has lost its moral compass. It's no surprise that the education system has followed suit. When there is no purpose or direction to education it becomes meaningless.

Edited by SJP

[quote name='Budge' post='1282530' date='May 28 2007, 08:54 AM']Homeschooling all the way![/quote]
I would have to agree with you,yet I have several friends in the state who say that it is very tough to do that there. Washington state is much easier. Which leads me to the question what are the alternatives there,besides moving?

I wonder when all of this is coming to Canada? I'll draw steel on this one if it happens... though I'll be homeschooling/sending my children to a private school (that is, if it is my vocation to be married...)

This may rank as the single most disgusting news item I've seen posted here.
Basically, I'll ditto all the cuss-words that were edited out of this thread earlier. :annoyed:

All I can say is there is surely a hot place prepared in hell for all those responsible for this travesty, this deliberate corruption of innocent children. California has truly become a modern-day Sodom and Gommorah. How long shall God's wrath hold out?

[quote]And whosoever shall scandalize one of these little ones that believe in me: it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck and he were cast into the sea.[/quote]~ Mark 9:41

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282224' date='May 27 2007, 03:23 PM']
Knowledge is not abusive and the schools are not teaching kids how to become these things they are only informing. They are making them aware of life as we know it now. If children do not learn about these different sexual preferences in school, where would you want them to learn it? How long do you want children to be ignorant of these truths?[/quote]
So should kindergartners also be taught about the joys of incest, pedophilia, bestiality, sado-masochism, necrophilia, and rape?
How long do you want children to be ignorant of these truths?
(Never mind, I really don't think I want to know your answer.)

[quote name='VaticanIILiturgist' post='1282239' date='May 27 2007, 04:06 PM']Is that who was at the bar last night? I just thought it was a post-menopausal woman - its a pre-op transexual! They really do exist!

Where is all the language moderation on this thread? [mod]no need to repeat inappropriate language --hugheyforlife[/mod] I said [mod]not appropriate --hugheyforlife[/mod] one once and had someone give me a lecture on decorum. Are issues of sexuality so important that we can forget about Christian charity? Why is what's between people's legs and what they do with it so interesting to people? (And I fully expect that to be modded, because I don't agree with the orthodox position promoted by the moderators.)[/quote]
Why is "what's between people's legs and what they do with it" so interesting/important that we need [i]legislation forcing it to be taught to 5-6-year-old kids in public schools[/i]??

Sadly, I'm sure I'll see more of the bleeding hearts on here chiming in defending this outrage.

God have mercy on us all!

[quote name='Budge' post='1282530' date='May 28 2007, 08:54 AM']Homeschooling all the way![/quote]

Now there is something we agree on! My wife is pregnant too so i'm really thinking about homeschooling.

the Apologist
:annoyed: What is this! Are becoming communists? Is this Communist Cuba?

Gosh! This SO against the will of the people! How can they claim rights over OUR CHILDREN! These gays who CAN'T have children want to control ours!

Just wait until Hilary Clinton gets in the office...

we ain't seen nothing yet folks...

get your Rosary beads out... Edited by the Apologist

homeschoolmom

[quote name='VaticanIILiturgist' post='1282239' date='May 27 2007, 05:06 PM']Where is all the language moderation on this thread?[/quote]

How about just hitting "report" instead of calling the mods out? Sheesh. It's a holiday weekend. We don't just live here reading every thread (in spite of what my post count might indicate). Use some manners, please.

bonoducchi

[quote name='VaticanIILiturgist' post='1282239' date='May 27 2007, 05:06 PM']Is that who was at the bar last night? I just thought it was a post-menopausal woman - its a pre-op transexual! They really do exist!

Where is all the language moderation on this thread? [mod]no need to repeat inappropriate language --hugheyforlife[/mod] I said [mod]not appropriate --hugheyforlife[/mod] one once and had someone give me a lecture on decorum. Are issues of sexuality so important that we can forget about Christian charity? Why is what's between people's legs and what they do with it so interesting to people? (And I fully expect that to be modded, because I don't agree with the orthodox position promoted by the moderators.)[/quote]

Look - I got modded! How surprising! Guess we can refer to people we disagree with as [i]bastards [/i]when its convenient, but not when it violates some misguided sense of magisterial preservation!

dude, I got modded first ;) the subsequent moderating was cleaning up the rest of the thread of the language I introduced into it. notice you did not receive a warning or anything.

I stand by this post and accept the moderation whilst still agreeing with my original reasons for breaking the language taboo:
[quote name='Aloysius' post='1282254' date='May 27 2007, 06:36 PM']It's not because it's about sex that this outrages me so, it's because it's about CHILDREN. It is sexual abuse and the perpetraters deserve death for it.

It's not "information", if it were "information" they would provide both sides of the argument, fully exploring both, giving the best arguments for and against these lifestyles. but you see how ridiculous this would be, they're kindergardners. so they're just teaching them that it is normal and okay, that's not pure information, that's a position.

VIIL, personally I don't moderate the language as roughly as the other mods... if they feel I should be moderated for my language here I will gladly accept it. I explained my reasons for breaking the bad language conventions, I actually feel that's why there should be bad language conventions, so that they can be broken at moments like these. Christian Charity is not synonymous with "niceness"; I could call these legislaters a brood of vipers just the same, they're sexing up kindergartners for goodness sake. May God help them, May God lead them to truth and repentence. May God forgive them. But if not, please God, smite them, because they are indoctrinating pathways of gender mutilation and sexual immorality as normal to the most vulnerable of all. It would be better for them to have a millstone tied around their neck and thrown into the ocean.

Do you have no just anger in you? I know, conventions of Christian Charity teach us to be wary of our anger and not give into the deadly sin of wrath, but sometimes that anger is justified and must be embraced. Just like we have to avoid lust but when we're with our spouse we may engage in sexual intimacy, so too we must avoid wrath but when we're justly angered we ought to express it in no uncertain terms.[/quote]

bonoducchi

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1282254' date='May 27 2007, 05:36 PM']Do you have no just anger in you? I know, conventions of Christian Charity teach us to be wary of our anger and not give into the deadly sin of wrath, but sometimes that anger is justified and must be embraced. Just like we have to avoid lust but when we're with our spouse we may engage in sexual intimacy, so too we must avoid wrath but when we're justly angered we ought to express it in no uncertain terms.[/quote]

I guess it just shocks me how rarely discussion about helping the homeless, poor, sick, under-insured, over-worked, abused, forgotten occurs on these forusm, but if we talk about SEX everyone gets riled up and is calling for the death penalty. Why is biology so interesting to orthodox Catholics?

The embracing of hiphop culture and language such as "dopest" on these forums seems to me a perpetuation of a violent, dangerous culture but no one seems to mind. But dare we speak of letting kids know they're are other ways people have chosen to exist in and the dogs are unleashed. Double standards, me thinks.

I had to give a homeless man my lunch the other day at an intersection because he hadn't eaten in three days. Who's enraged about that?