An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vote On The Name Of The New Phatmass Site

dUSt

What is the best name for the new site dUSt is proposing?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i was thinkin more like the St. Michael Chaplets and stuff... Virtual Rosary already has the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy, it'd be cool to have virtual chaplets for all sorts of otha stuff. you could still have it be 59beads.com if it's main thing was the Rosary then it had otha chaplets too. :rolleyes: :cool:

Sorry to throw cold water on this wonderful project. I love the name 59 Beads, but ....all my rosaries and I do mean all ..... have 60 beads.

If you call the site 59 beads, somebody new to the rosary will not 'get it'...

Just want you to thing about that for a moment.

blessings and prayers for the new site no matter what you decide dUSt,

Nell

Are you sure you're counting correctly?

There are 4 our father beads in the main body of the Rosary, usually one before the medal, three hail mary beads and an our Father at the beginning thats:

1 Our Father after the Cross

3 Hail Mary's After the Cross

1 Our Father before the Medal

50 Hail Mary's in the Main Body

4 Our Father's in the Main Body

I like praytherosary.net

Although 59beads sounds the coolest, I think stumbling upon praytherosary would be easier for those searching. If someone doesn't know how to pray the rosary this would make it super accessible, and they wouldn't have to think about the significance of 59 beads etc.... which is much more interesting and only really makes sense if you're already catholic/pray the rosary alot.

but you just made an argument againt calling a site "Phatmass" as well . . . and yet people make it here all the time . . ..

And think of all the Those are looking for info on Muslim or Orthodox or Hindu prayer beads who might look up "meditation for beads" . . .

besides, internet searches like Google us a web crawler method which goes more by the words on the actual page rather than the html address

no, because mass is in the title. Plus this site has a different purpose than the proposed new one (from what I understand). Anyways, Phatmass already exists, so the name can't be argued (plus its cooler this way).

phatmysteries... I like

I can't believe nobody picked eRosary.org. To me, that seems more straight forward and simple than onlinerosary.com. Oh well. I might just go with 59beads.com because, like phatmass, it's not immediately apparent what the site would be about--thus, drawing in more people that would probably just "skip over" anything to do with religion.

I've created a mock-up of what the site might look like. You have to use your imagination and picture the art inside the frame fading from one image to the next, and gregorian chants playing in the background. Every time you click AMEN it'll take you to the next prayer and highlight the next bead on the rosary to the right.

Feedback is welcome and suggestions encouraged! I want it to be basically very simple and straightforward.

What do y'all think?

post-2-1076451027.jpg