An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mrs. Mikolble Is The Coolest!

MIKolbe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your continued prayers :)

Everything is progressing very well!!

Shea went to the high risk OB about 2 weeks ago. There they did a cervical ultrasound and saw the stitch, and the Dr. said it looks good...VERY good. Also, her cervix got a little thicker as well (which is always good).

So as it stands, we will not be seeing the high risk OB anymore as there is nothing more they can really do; the cerclage has been done. So it is all about waiting, monitoring, and praying. And staying off her feet! LOL.

I just learned that they will (hoping all goes well) take out the cerclage on week 36, and will probably do the c-section week 37 or 38. Also, I found out that they do not give you anethesia (sp?) to take out the stitch! it is like a regular stitch, just snip and take out the 'string'. That kinda freaks me out..i mean i do not want anything sharp next to my..well..nnvrmnd.

Shea will be seeing her 'regular' OB from now on; though we have been seeing him in conjunction with the high risk OB (paranetalogist?). He goes to our parish! (newman center) He is excellent, mind boggling thorough, and an outstanding advocate of all his patients! Best OB i have ever known. He sees Peyton and I in Church and always asked about Shea, and wants to make sure she is staying off her feet.

Shea is doing great, but she is pretty much off her feet. This is kinda driving her crazy...and a little on edge.but that's cool, i just turn on the charm and everything works out :mellow: Seriously though, I can tell this is wearing on her, so I make dinners to eat outside on the patio, or take out a game and play, or I sing extra horribly (to make her laugh) when I do housework.

During the week, she wakes up to do Peyton's hair, because I am totally and completely inept. If her school would allow hats, I would put one on Peyton everyday and send her to school. :mellow:

We have worked out a schedule for taking and picking up Peyton from school. LOTS of friends at school are helping us with this and are sending home dinners to pop in the oven and serve :)

Her mom stayed with us for a week already, as did one of her sisters. What a God-send they were! Shea's mom hopefully will be coming back to stay for a few weeks in May (she lives in AZ). My mom comes Tues-Thurs to help out around the house. Moms are the coolest.

We feel blessed for all of this physical, emotional, and spiritual help. Thank you all for your prayers. Though we are not 'out of the woods' yet, we are prayerful, hopeful, and thankful.

I think we have pretty much decided the baby's name will be Addison. We are working on a middle name. And are taking suggestions. LOL

Thank you all for your prayers and supplications.

Pax,

Jason

[size=1]That is so great!!!!
Its nice to hear about these things when there are so many other horrible things going on in the world!
I wish I was in California so that I could help out more! That would be fun!
But alas, my journeys to Cali may not take place for many years!

BUT CONGRATS ANYWAYS!

But for middle names....Im thinking [b]Addison Louise [/b]because Louise's Old German origin means "fighter"!!

Or maybe [b]Addison Grace[/b]
[/size]

*hugs* Good news makes me smile so much. :) I miss you, buddy!! But rest assured you and your family remain in my prayers.

And CrossCut is brilliant--Addison Grace would be a wonderful middle name. We owe His grace for your little one's health. I love it!

missionseeker

What about Hope? ;)

Or.. hehe the Italian- Speranza

I think I really like Addison Speranza.

Edited by missionseeker

[size=1]Where have I heard Speranza before?!?!
I had to have been on a movie or something!
UGH!
This is going to bother me forever!
[/size]

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note....

Monday will be week 29!! :) There is cautious optimism abounding. I will take pictures of the baby's room and post them here.

Wanting to do SOMETHING other than chill out, she is making her baby shower invites. LOL.. she is REALLY talented in that area. it's like all scrapbook-y and stuff. She sat me down last night, and asked me to look at the wording. I cried.

It starts:

Once upon a time
a faithful little girl named Peyton
said to her tearful Mommy,
“You just have to Believe and
Jesus will give your babies back to you”.

This is what Peyton said to Shea when we lost Dominic, about 2 years ago.

I will scan it in when Shea is done, she is sooo excited about creating them! :)

Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you all very much. :)

I'm headed out the door to mass, I'll keep you and the fam always in my prayers, Jason :)