An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mrs. Mikolble Is The Coolest!

MIKolbe

[size=1]Oooo!
I REALLY like Addison!
I vote Addison!

Addison Marie, or Addison May?

How about Jonathan Peter?
I have always liked the name Peter...and Dismas...and James...and JACOB.
[/size]

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1468669' date='Feb 25 2008, 02:58 PM']Addison
or
Olivia[/quote]

Hey guess what. My niece is named Addison. We call her Addie. Real cute name.

Shea had her appointment yesterday. Her cervix is down to 3cm. Even though the Dr. says that is still good, anything above a 2.5 is good; we have gone from a 4.6 to a 4 and now to a 3. We are not math geniuses, but we are seeing a downward trend, and it's scary. Couple this with Shea starting her 18 week this Monday (we lost the last 2 in the 18th week); and we are kinda freaked.

I can sit here and say we want God's will. But, we also want our baby. We just do not know how to reconcile those 2 'wants'. And, yes, I guess we are selfish. But we want our baby, how is that selfish? Sorry, it is just confusing.

Shea goes back on Wednesday for another cervical ultrasound. Anything close to a 2.5 and the Dr. is leaning towards an emergency cerclage.

On a side note, the progesterone is $85 for a 5 weeks supply. That prayer was answered and we are grateful. We heard that it could be WAY more expensive than that; and even though $85 isn't chicken scratch; it certainly is not as bad as it could have been. Thank you God. We went to the Dr. so I could learn how to inject her. I have to inject her <forrest gump> in the but-tocks. </forrest gump> Anyways, i learned how to get the medicine, switch syringes, and hold skin, inject, etc.... I practiced 5 times on a dummy, and did well. I went to stick Shea, and she looked at me and tears welled up in her eyes. She does not like shots, and the medicine is really thick, so the nurse said it would probably hurt. Yeah... i couldn't do it. i couldn't hurt her. The nurse did it. and it ended up not hurting Shea as much as she thought it would. So that is good.

Also, yesterday, we found out the gender of the baby. :) :D

I did not think they could tell so soon, but it was a good shot, so they were able to tell.

It's [spoiler]a girl [/spoiler]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in the midst of how scared we are, God gives us a way to be closer to our baby.

Thank you for all your prayers. Not to get too mushy or this may get moved back to the lame board, but because of your prayers we are humbled, thankful, and blessed. Thank You.

-Jason

Archaeology cat

Wow! How cool that they got a good pic with the ultrasound. :) I'll keep prayers coming your way, too. :pray:

franciscanheart

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1468669' date='Feb 25 2008, 02:58 PM']boy names

Jonathan (middle name open) (though i like Thomas)
girl names

Addison
or
Olivia

(trying to incorporate a Mary, Marie, Maria, etc as the middle name)[/quote]
[b]love[/b] the name addison. beautiful name. addison marie, perhaps? lovely!

i'll keep y'all in my prayers. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well..

First, thank you for all your prayers. We are humbled by them and the love interwoven within them.

A little bit of an update.

As per her last appointment the cervix measurement is back up to a 3.7!!! She is still on modified bed rest, and receives weekly progesterone shots. She is doing so well, the high risk OB wants to see her biweekly, instead of weekly.

We have passed week 18 a few weeks ago...so that was a huge milestone!!! We will hit week 20 this coming Monday. Her 'all day' sickness is subsiding slowly but surely. She seems to REALLY like Jack in the Box jalepeno poppers. and 'lucky' for us they are super close. Those and their tacos, so very tasty and good for you, she loves...I am thinking about just stopping by there on the way home from work every night, because I end up there anyways! :)

The below pic is pinned up in Peyton's room. She wanted to see her little sister 'at all the times'.

[img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/week19.jpg[/img]

Again, thank you for your prayers, they are working. Thank you.

Until the next update..

Jason