An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mrs. Mikolble Is The Coolest!

MIKolbe

The cerclage procedure went very, very well. Praised be to God.

While doing the procedure, the Dr.'s were concerned as her cervix appeared abnormally soft for it's age in the pregnancy. Normally, the cervix softens and thins out when delivery is imminent. The length was roughly the same so there was plenty of 'room' to affix the cerclage. She is on some antibotics for 24 hours, and on a medication that relaxes her uterus, so it does not contract. Through the surgery, and it's agitation via the cervix, it can begin to contract, which is bad. But thankfully, there is no sign of that.

After the procedure, when she was in recovery, she asked for me and described my as a guy with a black shirt, praying the Rosary. :hehe: (i was hoping for 'ruggedly handsome man-hunk', but a 'guy praying the Rosary' is pretty cool too)

The nurses were pretty much awesome. most are.

Shea was discharged about an hour ago, and we are at her Aunt's. (the one i spent the night at last night) Peyton was SOOOOOOOOO happy to see her. She asked me (in a whisper) how the baby was. I told her she was just fine. She smiled really big and is sitting next to Shea now.

We are not sure if we are going to spend the night here and go home in the morning, or wait a few more hours after traffic and go home.

Thank you everyone for your prayer, phone calls, text messages, and the like. When I was telling Shea about all the prayers and such, she started to cry. Although we have a long way to go, we are indebted to you (and of God, of course) for at least one more day with our unborn daughter. Every day is a gift. Thank you for today.

I gotta go see what Shea wants for dinner. :)

- Jason

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1487253' date='Mar 28 2008, 07:43 PM']After the procedure, when she was in recovery, she asked for me and described my as a guy with a black shirt, praying the Rosary. :hehe: [b](i was hoping for 'ruggedly handsome man-hunk', [/b]but a 'guy praying the Rosary' is pretty cool too)[/quote]

She's not delusional is she?

(Prayers going up.)

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1487253' date='Mar 28 2008, 07:43 PM']Thank you everyone for your prayer, phone calls, text messages, and the like. When I was telling Shea about all the prayers and such, she started to cry. Although we have a long way to go, we are indebted to you (and of God, of course) for at least one more day with our unborn daughter. Every day is a gift. Thank you for today.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:weep: you make me want to cry! thank YOU for being faithful to God, and for showing us real strength.

xTrishaxLynnx

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYYYYY!!! :D I'm sorry I didn't catch your call earlier :( I was training for work and I tried to tell her my brother was calling with an update on his wife and baby and by the time I explained it and she said go ahead and take it you'd hung up. :( But I am soooooooo glad to hear everyone's doing fairly well. :D Love you, big brother! :) And give Shea, Peyton, and baby girl my love, too! :D

[size=1]THATS SO GREAT!!
But I wont stop praying till your baby girl is out and healthy!
:woot:
:love:
[/size]