An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mrs. Mikolble Is The Coolest!

MIKolbe

After tossing in bed since 3am, i decided to get up.

Shea is sleeping real peacefully, as is Peyton.

pretty much excited beyond words at this point.

:))

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1605862' date='Jul 23 2008, 08:28 AM']After tossing in bed since 3am, i decided to get up.

Shea is sleeping real peacefully, as is Peyton.

pretty much excited beyond words at this point.

:))[/quote]

:woot:

just a few more hours...

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1605862' date='Jul 23 2008, 09:28 AM']pretty much excited beyond words at this point.

:))[/quote]

lol ^_^ I can tell

lilac_angel

Congratulations and prayers. We've found that novenas during pregnancies and nightly prayers from our old red traditional Catholic prayer book seemed to work wonders for our daughter.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1444932' date='Jan 12 2008, 10:36 AM']Cause she's carrying a little MIKolbe in her womb!! :)

That's right, she's pregnant!! :)

Here is a picture of the baby at 10 weeks. I think the baby is smiling.. either that, or the baby has gas...hard to tell.

[img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/10weeksjpg.jpg[/img]
Here is the non-lame story:

We have been trying for a long time, ago 4 years. I am unsure why i feel so comfortable sharing this, other than I consider all of you friends, even XIX and STM... Anyway, we have lost 2 since Peyton. Shea's water broke at 18 weeks with both pregnancies after Peyton, and both times the baby delivered 7 days later. Both babies passed away. It took us a long time before we tried again, and then a long time after trying to conceive.

So, we are concerned with this pregnancy. Well, to be honest, we are downright scared. We do not want to lose another, and yes, maybe that sounds selfish. We are considering a cerclage in her 13th week which, in essence, would stitch up the cervix, making it much more difficult for the bag of water to bulge and pop. But that too has its risks, including, but not limited to, rupturing the bag of waters, introducing infection, and a host of other things.

I know pain is to be expected in my life, but to see it the face and in the heart of my wife, poisons my soul with despair. Peyton, of course, is SUPER HAPPY! She wants a sister, so they can be twins; and last night she wrote a song and sang it to the baby. I know a loss would hurt her, because she is understanding ALOT more as she gets older. I dread this if events do not lead to a baby coming home.

As hopeful as we are or can be, a realistic part of us focuses on the reality we may lose this baby. Finding hope is very difficult in this type of situation; believing in said hope takes a degree of trust that, in all honesty, I need to work on... Let Go and Let God sounds great; but is focused expoenetially by the apeture of quite possibly losing a child. Shea had an appointment with the Dr. yesterday and cried in the waiting room because all the women there were 'really' pregnant, and she just felt that maybe at 10 weeks, she is unfortunately half way through her pregnancy, and may never get as 'big' as the ladies she saw.

I set up a little 'shrine' on Shea's nightstand with prayer cards and a single candle for the baby :) There is the Divine Mercy- Jesus I Trust In You prayer card, St. Jude, St. Philomena, St. Joseph, Mary, The Visitation, St. Luke (for the Ob/Gyn), and St. Kolbe.

So, please pray.

More info to follow :)[/quote]

From this, tears of anxiety and some honest doubt turned into tears of praise and joy.

We got to the hospital at 10:30am. I whipped out my Rosary as she was being prepped: Blood work, cath, IV, questions about allergies, some interesting adventures in shaving from a student nurse. LOL. Joyful mystries, of course.

After this, her OB comes in to check on her. I am handed scrubs to put on, Shea comments I look extra special handsome with booties on. It's my machismo, I really can't help it. :mellow:

I meet Shea in the OR, she looked stressed. The spinal was in, and she was in no pain, but she was stressed. :( We just looked eachother in the eyes and we just stared. The love I felt for her was so strong. God has shown His Mercy on me by bringing me this wonderful woman to be my wife. I couldn't hold her hand, her arms were outstretched; so I just rubbed her eyebrows. She likes it when I do that. There was a BIG curtain up, so I could not see the surgery, THANK GOD. Somehow, the clamps loosened up a bit and the curtain fell lower, and lower. Adapting forthwith, I simply crouched lower and lower closer to Shea so I would not accidentally get a peek. Shea asked what I was doing, so I told her. She rolled her eyes and mumbled something about me being a goober. It was probably the anesthetia talking.

When Addison came out, there were 'oohs' and 'aahs' and 'look at that hair!!'. They took her to the warming table and 3 nurses were on her like white on rice. For the record, Addison has a set of lungs on her! (like her mom) :ninja: They called me over, and I saw her.

I fell in love.

She looked like Peyton when she was newborn, but a little smaller and way darker hair.

Sit down for this.

Fot about 5 seconds, I was speechless. Yes, me.

She was that beautiful.

I introduced myself, and told her Mommy was gonna see her in a second. And Mommy did. We both cried and were thankful.

They were 'finishing up' with Shea and took Addison to the nursery. I followed Addison and kissed Shea as she went to recovery.

In the nursery more student nurses were doing all sorts of tests, measurements, and the like; comparing notes and measurements and they were really good. We were smart and brought a big 'ole tub of red vines for the nurses too ;) they appreciated it!!!!

After this, it was time for her bath. SHE LOVED IT!!!! Especially when they washed her hair and combed it!!!

[img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/Addison1.jpg[/img]

Shea spent some extra time in recovery as her blood pressure was a little too low, so instead of being in recovery for 1.5 hours, she was in for about 3.5.

After we all got to the room, baby went into Mom's arms and all was right with the world.

I got Peyton to meet her little sister, and her jaw dropped when they met. She kept saying how pretty she was and wanted to sit and hold her...

[img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/addisonandpeyton3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/addisonandpeyton.jpg[/img]

And there we were. A family of 4.

This journey began in 2003, and culminated today. To be brought through pain, fear, and loss; to joy, peace and life is a witness to the mercy, love, and faithfulness of God. Perhaps the best lesson learned was that even in the pain, fear, and loss; He was there: consoling in faith, guiding in hope. He was always there.

To the Saints, indeed the prayers of the righteous avails much. The 'shine' in the first post (made up of prayer cards) has traveled with me recently. To Mass, Rosaries, Adoration; I just felt the need to take them with me. St. Jude, St. Luke, St. Kolbe, St. Philomena, St. Joseph, St. Rita, St. Gerard, and Our Blessed Mother. Thank you for your intercessions.

And to the Phatmass Phamily, thank you. Your prayers, Masses, Rosaries, and spiritual sacrifices have helped to bring Addison to us. Of this, I am sure. In addition, your emails, PM's, IM's, and phone calls have made me realize how incredibly lucky I am to have such wonderful friends. In your friendships, God abounds.

thank you.

Humbly,

Jason