An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I Hate Canada

Justin86

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1735992' date='Dec 26 2008, 07:08 PM']ARe you one?[/quote]

Nope. Klamath/Modoc Tribe. But I know an Eskimo personally.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1736003' date='Dec 26 2008, 07:12 PM']I'm part Cherokee.

Does he/she live in an igloo?[/quote]

Nope. His sled dogs licked it and it melted.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1735996' date='Dec 26 2008, 09:10 PM']If you mean the Edmonton Eskimos, I've met a few players working the concession stand at games. If you mean the tribe, they don't like being called that, I found out really quickly. I'm also not allowed to use the word Indian unless I'm talking about someone from India.[/quote]
Yeah, it's Inuit... and the correct term is First Nation, Aboriginal... or whatever tribe they claim to be of. There's a bit of a paradigm shift here in Canada.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1735806' date='Dec 26 2008, 02:53 PM']I think Canadians are inferior because they're so pale.[/quote]
Dude I'm one of the whitiest white persons you'll ever meet. I couldn't get a tan if I tried. It's sad because my dad has all the dark features (black hair, brown eyes and skin). My parents even picked a name that means "dark beauty", I was born all pale, blonde and blue eyed :weep: My sister of course, has beautiful brown eyes, and a lovely olive complexion that tans beautifully in the hot summer sun.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1736157' date='Dec 26 2008, 11:58 PM']I hate Canada's infringement on free speech. They have taken politically correct down to a whole new level.[/quote]

I'll agree with you there. Bishop Henry in Calgary is before the human rights commission for speaking out against gay marriage in the Western Catholic Reporter newspaper.

That Hydro thing confused me at first. I like to watch Mike Holmes, and whenever he calls the electric the hydro, I jump a bit.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1736157' date='Dec 26 2008, 10:58 PM']I hate Canada's infringement on free speech. They have taken politically correct down to a whole new level.[/quote]

Prepare for something similar in the US, whatwith a Democrat dominated Congress, and one in the Whitehouse. (Not to mention, Joe Biden, perhaps one of Free Speech's worst enemies in Number One Observatory Circle.)

missionseeker

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1736358' date='Dec 27 2008, 02:16 PM']That Hydro thing confused me at first. I like to watch Mike Holmes, and whenever he calls the electric the hydro, I jump a bit.[/quote]

That is STRANGE...

I think it's cause at one point, a lot of the power was generated by hydro-electric. We have dams all over Ontario. Niagara Falls is the biggest source.