An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I Hate Canada

Justin86

[quote name='Selah' post='1733724' date='Dec 22 2008, 06:31 AM']Yes we do... :mellow:

Right?[/quote]

More NHL teams are based in America than Canada. I'd say we're pretty well hockified.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1733012' date='Dec 21 2008, 02:27 AM']Canadian Irish are awesome! I hang out with that kind. :mellow:[/quote]

Thanks dude! I don't want to toot our own horn but we do rock :rolleyes:

I think that it's really weird that Tampa has a hockey team. They don't even have snow. Do they even have natural Floridians hockey players or is it all just Canadians and Russians?

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1733728' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:37 AM']More NHL teams are based in America than Canada. I'd say we're pretty well hockified.[/quote]

That 'fact' remains unproven at this point in time.

And 'hockified' is not a word. :ohno:

[quote name='Didacus' post='1733767' date='Dec 22 2008, 07:50 AM']And 'hockified' is not a word. :ohno:[/quote]

hock-i-fied - [i]adj[/i] describing something that is in a state of hockification.

Edited by T-Bone _

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1733777' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:59 AM']hock-i-fied - [i]adj[/i] describing something that is in a state of hockification.[/quote]

Now you're just being silly.
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Didacus' post='1733767' date='Dec 22 2008, 07:50 AM']That 'fact' remains unproven at this point in time.

And 'hockified' is not a word. :ohno:[/quote]
[url="http://www.nhl.com/ice/teams.htm"]http://www.nhl.com/ice/teams.htm[/url]

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1733789' date='Dec 22 2008, 11:29 AM'][url="http://www.nhl.com/ice/teams.htm"]http://www.nhl.com/ice/teams.htm[/url][/quote]

That may not be the most realiable source of information. Can it be colaborated?

And I thought Boston was in Canada?

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1733816' date='Dec 22 2008, 12:18 PM']it's not wikipedia, so no.

and boston is in massachusets :huh:

I thought ottwata was in canada, too!![/quote]

You mean Ottawa? It's the capital of Ontario so yes, its in Canada. The southern portions of Canada actually.

I'll give you massachusets if you must have it, but I'm keeping New York and Detroit (and I no one up here cares much for New Jersey).

[quote name='Didacus' post='1733825' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:25 AM']You mean Ottawa? It's the capital of Ontario so yes, its in Canada. The southern portions of Canada actually.

I'll give you massachusets if you must have it, but I'm keeping New York and Detroit (and I no one up here cares much for New Jersey).[/quote]

Wait...Ontario is in Oregon. Oregon is in the US, so we get Ottawa as well...

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1733826' date='Dec 22 2008, 12:26 PM']Wait...Ontario is in Oregon. Oregon is in the US, so we get Ottawa as well...[/quote]

No, Oregon is in Mexico. Any uneducated fool knows that. Can't fool me; but you're welcomed to try again.

(ever hear of oregano-Mexicans, they're a particular breed)

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1733753' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:16 AM']I think that it's really weird that Tampa has a hockey team. They don't even have snow. Do they even have natural Floridians hockey players or is it all just Canadians and Russians?[/quote]

Hey, the Bolts are my team. We even had the Stanley Cup for two years in a row (well one of those was the strike year). We have just as many Canadians on Lightening that every other American team does. I still have my signed Vinnie Lecavalier card. He said he likes playing in Tampa because he can actually go out and do stuff. If he played for Montreal or Toronto, he wouldn't be able to leave the house in peace.