An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Colorado Is The Best Place To Live

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='fiat voluntas tua' post='1624158' date='Aug 11 2008, 12:06 PM']I spent nine days at St. Malo's doing Totus Tuus training...gorgeous, and tons different from Florida. I loved it Colorado---would SO move there in a heartbeat.[/quote]

i :love: St. Malo's!! Did you follow the trail JPII took?

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1624827' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:26 PM']229. MIKolbe would make a cool neighbor.[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='Selah' post='1624830' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:28 PM']230. All the snow...I never used to like it, but now I've grown to...hehe[/quote]

Do you live in CO? Just checking; we should distinguish between East Coast snow and Colorado snow - very different.

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1624791' date='Aug 11 2008, 10:48 PM']i :love: St. Malo's!! Did you follow the trail JPII took?[/quote]

Yes! We had a bit of free time everyday, so I went up on the trail a few times. I didn't go too far most days though, since I had to be back soon, but what I saw was beautiful--got some awesome pics.

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1624837' date='Aug 11 2008, 11:31 PM']:yes:

Do you live in CO? Just checking; we should distinguish between East Coast snow and Colorado snow - very different.[/quote]

No, I don't.

What's the difference?

[quote name='fiat voluntas tua' post='1624839' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:32 PM']Yes! We had a bit of free time everyday, so I went up on the trail a few times. I didn't go too far most days though, since I had to be back soon, but what I saw was beautiful--got some awesome pics.[/quote]

very cool. What time of year were you here?

[quote name='Selah' post='1624847' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:36 PM']No, I don't.

What's the difference?[/quote]

230. Colorado snow is very different from East Coast snow. The latter is wetter and sticks around for days, and when it snows out East, it stays grey. Colorado snow is powdery and dry, and doesn't stay around as long in the lower elevations because just after the snow storms end, the sun and blue skies come out to melt the snow.

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1624848' date='Aug 11 2008, 11:37 PM']very cool. What time of year were you here?[/quote]

I was there from May 22-May 31, and then again for a day or two at the end of July. I was definitely not used to actually being cold at the end of May!

[quote name='fiat voluntas tua' post='1624892' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:55 PM']I was there from May 22-May 31, and then again for a day or two at the end of July. I was definitely not used to actually being cold at the end of May![/quote]

:)) isn't it great? well, you were at a higher elevation, too, though.

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1624899' date='Aug 11 2008, 11:59 PM']:)) isn't it great? well, you were at a higher elevation, too, though.[/quote]

yeah, where i go to school is at sea level, so almost 9000 feet was a bit high for me. but i loved the weather---the heat and the humidity are definitely a reason why i would like to move away from florida.

I got elevation sickness in CO once... we drove overnight to Denver, then the next day up to Arapahoe Basin the very next morning to ski, and I got sick.... elevation is mine enemy.

Edited by SaintOlaf

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1624938' date='Aug 11 2008, 10:26 PM']I got elevation sickness in CO once... we drove overnight to Denver, then the next day up to Arapahoe Basin the very next morning to ski, and I got sick.... elevation is mine enemy.[/quote]

only your enemy if drinking lots of water is also your enemy...

Oh I hydrate. I was Hydrating like a beast that trip too, in preperation. I think I just have a certain nemesis in high elevations. I probly would've been fine at a lower elevation ski mountain, A-Basin is kind of high....