An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Colorado Is The Best Place To Live

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='scardella' post='1519618' date='May 5 2008, 03:42 PM']However, it is still available there. So there![/quote]

26. To date, i have not been to a restaurant, store, or event that offers scary "oysters" for consumption.

27. The view from the weight room at my gym overlooks the valley, with the mountains as the backdrop. sweet.

[quote name='catholic nerd' post='1520579' date='May 6 2008, 03:15 PM']ew. why do you want to live in colorado? pot heads.[/quote]

hmph. Good things do come out of Boulder other than pot heads, like:

28. Old Chicago began in Boulder. Now serving 110 brews!

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1521205' date='May 7 2008, 07:34 AM']1,014 posts? wow.[/quote]

All thanks to you, my dear.

29. It is raining. i moved here ten months ago, and this is the first time i have seen it rain here (well, not counting frozen rain).

30. Even though it is raining, and the skies are grey, you can still barely make out the outlines of some of the mountains. Looks really cool - shades of grey.

31. The 2008 West Coast Call to Action Conference was [i]not[/i] held in Colorado.
- (It was held in the [i]other[/i] state that begins with a "C")

My instructor was part of the flight nurse program there. It was one of the first places to start a flight nurse program

[quote name='picchick' post='1521388' date='May 7 2008, 12:53 PM']My instructor was part of the flight nurse program there. It was one of the first places to start a flight nurse program[/quote]

Thanks!

32. Colorado was one of the first places to start a flight nurse program.

33. It rained this morning, but now you can't tell - sun is out!

34. After running four miles, there is nothing better than jumping in the hot tub at the gym with a view of the snow-capped mountains and the bright sun streaming in. ahh.

Colorado is beautiful but I think the weather there changes more than in Minnesota. Plus, Denver is a congested pollution pit and the rich people smell of elderberries up all the views. Pike's Peak is too high and scary.

Driving in the mountains on a regular basis would give me a heart attack.

[quote name='Deb' post='1522263' date='May 8 2008, 11:07 AM']Colorado is beautiful but I think the weather there changes more than in Minnesota. Plus, Denver is a congested pollution pit and the rich people smell of elderberries up all the views. Pike's Peak is too high and scary.

Driving in the mountains on a regular basis would give me a heart attack.[/quote]

35. i've lived in Minnesota - the weather is much, much nicer here, actually.

36. The snow doesn't stick around here like it does in MN, and it doesn't feel as cold b/c of the low humidity and high elevation.

37. two words: no mosquitoes.

38. Actually, i was surprised by how clean Denver is - most cities are covered in haze in the summers b/c of all the pollution, but when i moved here in July, Denver was clean and clear. i was shocked.

39. Pike's Peak isn't the highest mountain in Colorado.

40. We don't all drive in the mountains on a regular basis.

:))