An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Colorado Is The Best Place To Live

fides quarens intellectum

55. It was in Colorado that, through an annointed speaker, the Holy Spirit stamped out the last remains of my Baptist upbringing, helping me to finally accept St. Mary as my Blessed Mother this past week. Yep, that's huge.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1532523' date='May 18 2008, 04:49 PM']52. Deja Vu. And I don't live there. And srsly, who would? Yes, i live in a state called 'red'. No, no.. nothing red in the state. we just call it red. you know like in "old school"... they call that guy "Blue".. Wil Ferrell says "You're my boy, Blue". Yeah, the guy's not Blue. He's quote pale. but not a pale blue. but yeah, like that.[/quote]

56. The name "Colorado" does mean red in Spanish (the extent of my Spanish vocab).

57. Yes, there is a lot of natural red here - red rocky mountains look really, really neat when they are topped by an evergreen forest and tipped in white snow.

56. The Holy Spirit can work in the chumpiest of places. Even Colorado.

btw, congrats dude! I am so happy for you :)

58. ahh, the temperature/air change as you drive up into the mountains.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1532530' date='May 18 2008, 04:54 PM']56. The Holy Spirit can work in the chumpiest of places. Even Colorado.
btw, congrats dude! I am so happy for you :)[/quote]

62. And a very common sign: [quote]Scenic Overlook 1 mile[/quote]

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1532552' date='May 18 2008, 05:06 PM']another common sign[/quote]

63. Most people who moved here from other states either fled California or Texas.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1532566' date='May 18 2008, 05:11 PM']64. Penchant for overexaggeration.[/quote]

:rolling:

64. No need for exaggeration.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1532580' date='May 18 2008, 05:20 PM']65. When we laugh, milk comes out our noses. quite quaint.[/quote]

i'll let that one sneak in there, because if i were drinking milk, you would prove it to be true with the other threads.

66. [quote]Monument Hill
elev. 7352 feet[/quote]