An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Colorado Is The Best Place To Live

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Deb' post='1522274' date='May 8 2008, 11:13 AM']No mosquitoes? Not even if you are camping?[/quote]

no mosquitoes. it's a beautiful thing, especially since i am one of those people they always seem to find.

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1522280' date='May 8 2008, 12:18 PM']no mosquitoes. it's a beautiful thing, especially since i am one of those people they always seem to find.[/quote]

Me too! I am like a mosquito magnet. I may have to come out there and do some camping and get in on some of that rafting.

For an earlier poster: what do you have against potheads?

[quote name='Deb' post='1522360' date='May 8 2008, 01:32 PM']Me too! I am like a mosquito magnet. I may have to come out there and do some camping and get in on some of that rafting.

For an earlier poster: what do you have against potheads?[/quote]

you'd love it out here.

SaintOlaf

Colorado is great, I don't know that I'd call it the best though. I'm more partial to the hot and dry of the southwest (Arizona, Nevada)

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1522387' date='May 8 2008, 02:24 PM']Colorado is great, I don't know that I'd call it the best though. I'm more partial to the hot and dry of the southwest (Arizona, Nevada)[/quote]

ick. sorry - i lived in Atlanta for too long - never want to live in a hot climate again.

41. it is dry here, but never hot.

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1524021' date='May 10 2008, 10:22 AM']42. MIkolbe doesn't live here.[/quote]
that cut me deep, FQI, cut me real deep.

44. For those who drive an automatic, you actually have a use for those lower gears here.

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1522271' date='May 8 2008, 11:12 AM']35. i've lived in Minnesota - the weather is much, much nicer here, actually.

36. The snow doesn't stick around here like it does in MN, and it doesn't feel as cold b/c of the low humidity and high elevation.

37. two words: no mosquitoes.

38. Actually, i was surprised by how clean Denver is - most cities are covered in haze in the summers b/c of all the pollution, but when i moved here in July, Denver was clean and clear. i was shocked.

39. Pike's Peak isn't the highest mountain in Colorado.

40. We don't all drive in the mountains on a regular basis.

:))[/quote]
if I remeber right Mt. Alberta is the highest mountain. And yeah, we don't do mountain drving every day that only happens when some of us visit phamily or phriends that live on the other side of the mountains.
Don't Forget that the 2008 U.S. Golf Open in colorado springs and 1993 WYD was in Denver.

[quote name='Tufsoles' post='1524399' date='May 10 2008, 07:40 PM']if I remeber right Mt. Alberta is the highest mountain. And yeah, we don't do mountain drving every day that only happens when some of us visit phamily or phriends that live on the other side of the mountains.
Don't Forget that the 2008 U.S. Golf Open in colorado springs and 1993 WYD was in Denver.[/quote]

Tufsoles!!! Don't know if you saw the OP, but you are welcome to add to the list, since you are one of the privileged residents!!! :clap:

45. 2008 US Golf Open is in Colorado Springs.

46. 1993 World Youth Day was in Denver

47. Tomorrow, i get to go on a weeklong retreat at St. Malo's, the place where JPII stayed in 1993.