MissScripture Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531392' date='May 17 2008, 11:27 AM']*looks around* I'm not sure I see it <=that there folks is sarcasm....[/quote]
Roamin Catholic Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='MissScripture' post='1531394' date='May 17 2008, 11:28 AM'] [/quote] please don't fall of the couch...I really don't want to take care of the old lady napping.... oh, that and I guess I dont want you to get hurt
kujo Posted May 17, 2008 Author Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='MissScripture' post='1531384' date='May 17 2008, 01:24 PM']I think that some of it has to do with personal perceptions. If someone is in a bad mood when they read something, they're more likely to take something that may not have been a jab as offensive, and post a response to that, rather than what the person meant (and I do think some people go looking for something to be offended by). I think it's best, when in doubt, to give the benefit of the doubt to people, and assume that what they're trying to say isn't coming out properly, rather than jump on someone. IOW, reading with charity is necessary.[/quote] True. But, as others have pointed out, the debates and discussions can be rather intense. I mean, even if they are wrong, is it weird that someone thought we are an Atheist forum? You're right though, Miss.... [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531386' date='May 17 2008, 01:25 PM'] you are so awesome......[/quote] [quote name='MissScripture' post='1531389' date='May 17 2008, 01:26 PM']See, people? There's love on this board![/quote] [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531392' date='May 17 2008, 01:27 PM']*looks around* I'm not sure I see it <=that there folks is sarcasm....[/quote] Aww....you guys are cute.
KnightofChrist Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1531245' date='May 17 2008, 09:53 AM']Hey phamily. I've been on Phatmass for about 2 years, admittedly not nearly as long or as diligently as some of you have been. Still, I think I have a pretty good idea of how things work around here. We play hard and we pray hard, right? But lately, I've noticed this dark cloud over some of our threads and discussions. It seems like a lot of them end in bitter arguments and name calling. I don't know why this is, but it's making myself and a lot of others very uncomfortable. It seems like alot of us (myself included) have lost sight of Christian charity. Anyway, I wanted to point this out for everyone to think about. Maybe I'm wrong, but I figure it's worth a try, ya know? I love all of you, even the ones that drive me !!! In Christ's heart, Kujo[/quote] I love you! [quote name='Lil Red' post='1531269' date='May 17 2008, 10:12 AM']+J.M.J.+ phatmass goes in cycles of being nice and happy vs. being unChristian and sarcastic and mean. it's worse around Lent and in election years. i keep repeating to myself "This too shall pass" thanks for the reminder[/quote] I love you! [quote name='dust (the ultra-handsome' post='1531273' date='May 17 2008, 10:14 AM']As proof of the change happening, this is the first time the word "corkers" has ever been used on phatmass. Looks like it's down hill from here.[/quote] I love you! [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531358' date='May 17 2008, 11:06 AM']Phatmass seems the same as always to me.[/quote] I love you! [quote name='Kitty' post='1531373' date='May 17 2008, 11:18 AM']I've only been a member for a short time but most of the time I've felt like I've joined an Atheist forum, what with all this rudeness, disrespect, putting down and name calling. [/quote] I love you!
Roamin Catholic Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531405' date='May 17 2008, 11:34 AM']I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you![/quote] do you not love me?? Ouch
KnightofChrist Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531408' date='May 17 2008, 11:36 AM']do you not love me?? Ouch [/quote] I love you!
MissScripture Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1531398' date='May 17 2008, 11:31 AM']True. But, as others have pointed out, the debates and discussions can be rather intense. I mean, even if they are wrong, is it weird that someone thought we are an Atheist forum? You're right though, Miss.... Aww....you guys are cute.[/quote] Right, but I think a lot of it stems from people not starting out reading with charity. They post a knee-jerk reaction and then other people react to that. I know that it is not entirely that, but it also needs to be taken into account that some people have more abrasive personalities, and they really can't help that entirely.
KnightofChrist Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1531267' date='May 17 2008, 10:11 AM']For what it's worth, election years are always real corkers here on Phatmass. You should have seen 2004! [/quote] I love you! [quote name='Pontifex' post='1531285' date='May 17 2008, 10:19 AM']It's why I felt led to pray in front of the Eucharist for the phamily. If we have not love, we clang. Like St. Paul told us. P-FEx[/quote] I love you! [quote name='dominicansoul' post='1531371' date='May 17 2008, 11:17 AM']I'm a newbie, so I don't really know what to compare... I am a bit surprised with some of the cussing and condescension. I may have said a few mean things to certain posters, but mostly it's me having to play defense to some serious un-called for rudeness! I know two wrongs don't make a right, so it's best to just ignore. But I have also witnessed the friendships and the humour and the laughs.... I do agree with you, though, that something must have changed, because the rudeness drove away a Nun![/quote] I love you! [quote name='MissScripture' post='1531389' date='May 17 2008, 11:26 AM']See, people? There's love on this board![/quote] I love you!
Roamin Catholic Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531409' date='May 17 2008, 11:36 AM']I love you![/quote] great, love only out of pity...... [quote name='MissScripture' post='1531411' date='May 17 2008, 11:37 AM']Right, but I think a lot of it stems from people not starting out reading with charity. They post a knee-jerk reaction and then other people react to that. I know that it is not entirely that, but it also needs to be taken into account that some people have more abrasive personalities, and they really can't help that entirely.[/quote] abrasive? you mean like Mikolbe?
kujo Posted May 17, 2008 Author Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='MissScripture' post='1531411' date='May 17 2008, 01:37 PM']Right, but I think a lot of it stems from people not starting out reading with charity. They post a knee-jerk reaction and then other people react to that. I know that it is not entirely that, but it also needs to be taken into account that some people have more abrasive personalities, and they really can't help that entirely.[/quote] I agree with you here. Perhaps if we thought before we posted things would be a bit cheerier around here.
MissScripture Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531417' date='May 17 2008, 11:40 AM']great, love only out of pity...... abrasive? you mean like Mikolbe?[/quote] Aww...I love my big bro! You be nice. [quote name='kujo' post='1531418' date='May 17 2008, 11:40 AM']I agree with you here. Perhaps if we thought before we posted things would be a bit cheerier around here.[/quote] I also think that in some cases there is misreading (I know I've done that before, posted, re-read and felt like an idiot, but it was too late to edit), so read twice, too...
KnightofChrist Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531417' date='May 17 2008, 11:40 AM']great, love only out of pity......[/quote] I is sorry it was the spork, they scares me, every since a hillbilly in blue bunny clown suite tried to eat me with one.
Roamin Catholic Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531455' date='May 17 2008, 12:00 PM']I is sorry it was the spork, they scares me, every since a hillbilly in blue bunny clown suite tried to eat me with one.[/quote] yea, so that crack is treating you well is it?
Archaeology cat Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1531418' date='May 17 2008, 05:40 PM']I agree with you here. Perhaps if we thought before we posted things would be a bit cheerier around here.[/quote] That's the problem sometimes with a forum, since you can immediately post something without thinking it through/calming down first. [quote name='MissScripture' post='1531425' date='May 17 2008, 05:44 PM']I also think that in some cases there is misreading (I know I've done that before, posted, re-read and felt like an idiot, but it was too late to edit), so read twice, too...[/quote] Yeah, I think most of us have probably done that (I know I have!)
KnightofChrist Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531459' date='May 17 2008, 12:02 PM']yea, so that crack is treating you well is it?[/quote] your face has a crack, and two fat hairy cheeks.
Roamin Catholic Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531463' date='May 17 2008, 12:06 PM']your face has a crack, and two fat hairy cheeks.[/quote] HOW RUDE
dominicansoul Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531463' date='May 17 2008, 12:06 PM']your face has a crack, and two fat hairy cheeks.[/quote] Uh....that doesn't sound like his face!
picchick Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 .... Is this not what I have said in the debate table? And what was said to me? That it was a joke. I was told not to let it get to me too much. I was told that it would take away from what I say on the debate table. I was told that sarcasm the way that some people use is ok because that just the way they are. Funny...... Kudos Kojo... (you don't know how hard that was for me to type...the K's and O's and U's really tied my fingers in a knot) *<-----------Gold star for you. Meg
picchick Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 (edited) I am so cool I keep double posting.... Edited May 17, 2008 by picchick
The Bus Station Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 When you take away people's tac[font="Arial"]o[/font]s, it all goes downhill from there.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now