kujo Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 Hey guys. I am in my hotel room waiting for mi madre to get out of the shower. On CNN, the just said that Sen. Ted Kennedy has been rushed to the hospital showing stroke-like symptoms. I am really not a fan of this guy, but let's pray that he is okay.
Ash Wednesday Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 I definitely don't agree with a lot of things about Ted Kennedy but I will pray for him, for sure.
kujo Posted May 17, 2008 Author Posted May 17, 2008 [url="http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080517/NEWS11/80517001"]From the Cape Cod Times[/url]
Justin86 Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 I almost feel like I'm praying for Hitler's survival. Seems nasty.
kujo Posted May 17, 2008 Author Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1531319' date='May 17 2008, 12:37 PM']I almost feel like I'm praying for Hitler's survival. Seems nasty.[/quote] Right, because Senator Ted Kennedy is Hitler. Got it. Dude, he smells of elderberries but he's a person. Pray for God's will.
Lil Red Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1531321' date='May 17 2008, 09:40 AM']Right, because Senator Ted Kennedy is Hitler. Got it. Dude, he smells of elderberries but he's a person. Pray for God's will.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ amen and since he was baptized and brought up in the Catholic Church, let's pray that if he does die, he will repent of his signs and ask forgiveness before that happens.
kujo Posted May 17, 2008 Author Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1531327' date='May 17 2008, 12:43 PM']+J.M.J.+ amen and since he was baptized and brought up in the Catholic Church, let's pray that if he does die, he will repent of his signs and ask forgiveness before that happens.[/quote] Word.
Apotheoun Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 Although Sen. Kennedy has supported the murder of the innocent through the crime of abortion, I pray that God pour out His mercy upon him at this time of personal crisis, and bring about his conversion to the true faith.
dominicansoul Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 We need to pray for the salvation of his soul. It's our duty. These may be his last moments.....
MissScripture Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1531321' date='May 17 2008, 10:40 AM']Right, because Senator Ted Kennedy is Hitler. Got it. Dude, he smells of elderberries but he's a person. Pray for God's will.[/quote] Hitler was a person, too...
kujo Posted May 17, 2008 Author Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='MissScripture' post='1531402' date='May 17 2008, 01:33 PM']Hitler was a person, too...[/quote] Yes he was. But I would hardly equate his evil with Ted Kennedy's. That was my point.
KnightofChrist Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 I would also hardly equate Kennedy's evil with Hitler, but not in the same way. Kennedy and Abortionist like him have 50 million dead in their holocaust where Hitler had only 2 to 3 million. Not to be a jerk but Kennedy is much worse.
dominicansoul Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 Can you imagine what lies in the balance??? Salvation or eternal damnation! I shudder to think...... man, we really need to pray for his soul!
MissScripture Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1531422' date='May 17 2008, 11:43 AM']Yes he was. But I would hardly equate his evil with Ted Kennedy's. That was my point.[/quote] The way it was written made it sound like Hitler was less of a person, because his life involved more evil.
CatherineM Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 We can also hope that if he survives that this experience will force him to re-evaluate. He could be a powerful voice for the truth if he would just rediscover it. Serious health issues often make you start thinking about your faith.
Ash Wednesday Posted May 17, 2008 Posted May 17, 2008 He had a couple of seizures. They won't know for a while what's caused them -- it will be a couple of days. I'm assuming he's probably conscious and stable at this point. He still needs prayers.
MIKolbe Posted May 18, 2008 Posted May 18, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1531319' date='May 17 2008, 09:37 AM']I almost feel like I'm praying for Hitler's survival. Seems nasty.[/quote] it's better to keep quiet and be thought of an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. marinate on that, son. and pray.
Alycin Posted May 18, 2008 Posted May 18, 2008 Some of the replies in this thread are exactly why I opted to post the prayer request about Lawrence King in the prayer room, where people COULDN'T reply... because I knew the focus would be taken OFF of the tragedy and placed on people's petty opinions of like or dislike, agreement or disagreement. Besides, you should be praying MOST for your enemies and those who persecute you, as often that is the only way to "reach" them. Prayers for Ted Kennedy, Obama, Clinton, and all others who can use their position in the gov't to put an end to the slaughter of the unborn if only they see the light. Prayers for George Bush. Prayers for all the voters of our nation.
Justin86 Posted May 18, 2008 Posted May 18, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1531995' date='May 18 2008, 01:20 PM']Besides, you should be praying MOST for your enemies and those who persecute you, as often that is the only way to "reach" them.[/quote] Christ never said it following him would be easy. Ted Kennedy's hard line pro-abortion stance is one very significant factor in legalized abortion in this country, so I hardly think not being overjoyed with praying for his survival makes me somehow evil (or stupid in MKolbe's case).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now