An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuals

rckllnknny

Galloglasses

To sum up what the guys are saying here simply would be...

Marriage is NOT A RIGHT, not even for straight people. Its a privlige, like the Grace of God.

Adoption is NOT A RIGHT, even if a person or couple is straight, that does not entitle nor automatically give them the right to adopt if they are unsuitable parents.

In the eyes of God, a homosexual relationship, while sinful, is also unsuitable for family basis. 'One man to one woman for life', by their lifestyle the must forgo the privlige of adoption. A straight couple, if they are unsuitable, they forgo the privlige of adoption as well.

Yes, homosexuality is outside the natural law, for the record, I do not believe any homosexual is born with homosexual tendencies or attractions, that seems foolish on God's part, and since God is not a fool, ergo no-one would be born with homosexual tendencies. I believe it has to do with what the individual homosexual sees and is tempted by in life which influences him or her to become homosexual. So by the time that the homosexual starts thinking he or she is homosexual, it seems natural to them. Since homosexuality is outside the natural law, saying any homosexual is born that way is to say that there's something fundamentally 'wrong' with them outside of their choices.

This also applies to physical sex and gender, being male or female is a privlige, and you do not have the 'right' to change your gender. Same basic principle.

What makes you post this topic, out of interest?

Edited by Galloglasses

MissScripture

[quote name='Alycin' post='1557605' date='Jun 4 2008, 01:06 PM']I agree. I also think that if someone is dying in the hospital and their life partner of 40 years isn't allowed to be with them or make decisions like a spouse, that's messed up.[/quote]
For that, they just need to give power of attorney to the person.

rckllnknny

bcuz i think homosexuals should have the (at least) the legal right to marry. a long time ago it seemed normal for people to think black people should not have equal rights and the government denied them there of. the whole debate about homosexuals and marriage seems to be the same. also there is alot of shows on tv or radio claiming that Gods opinion is they should not be shared the rights of heterosexuals. from a government stance they have no justification to thier claims anyway. this isnt a topic i take lightly however. i do know the difference between rigth and wrong and however unfair it seems for me to admit this I KNOW in my heart it is wrong to deny them eqaul rights. and I KNOW God wouldnt deny someone else equal rights. i know that is a bold statement that may follow enough controversial opinions. so in short i my purpose to the topic was to perhaps open minds to the entire views on it.

Edited by rckllnknny

Galloglasses

God would not deny anyone equal rights.

Marriage is not a Right, its a privilige.

We understand what you are trying to do, but you're perception is wrong, you assume we are closed minded. We are not, in fact, its closed minded to even suggest another person is closed minded. The difference between different races and sexualities is that Race is what you're born with, its not your fault and you can't change that. Sexuality is a choice, and God's already made it clear that he did not design marriage to be a liberal thing.

Edited by Galloglasses

rizz_loves_jesus

But marriage isn't a right. Equal facilities for all races IS a right. A comparison between the two is invalid.

Galloglasses

[quote]and my peception is not right nor wrong it is simply mine[/quote]
Then you're claiming objectivity, and you hold our veiw as wrong.

You said you were hoping to 'open minds', this indicates that you made this topic assuming a number of us, at least a few, were closed minded.

Edited by Galloglasses

rckllnknny

and i havent even started to disect every point youve made in your comments either tho.

Edited by rckllnknny

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1557930' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:18 PM']and God's already made it clear that he did not design marriage to be a liberal thing.[/quote]

your wording is odd.

rckllnknny

QUOTE>Yes, homosexuality is outside the natural law, for the record, I do not believe any homosexual is born with homosexual tendencies or attractions, that seems foolish on God's part, and since God is not a fool, ergo no-one would be born with homosexual tendencies. I believe it has to do with what the individual homosexual sees and is tempted by in life which influences him or her to become homosexual. So by the time that the homosexual starts thinking he or she is homosexual, it seems natural to them. Since homosexuality is outside the natural law, saying any homosexual is born that way is to say that there's something fundamentally 'wrong' with them outside of their choices.
by gallo.

lol. how do you kno player??

Edited by rckllnknny

Galloglasses

My mind hasn't been in the right place these past few months, forgive my lack of good, groomed, grammer =/

[quote]and i have even started to disect every point youve made in your comments either tho.[/quote]
And?

rckllnknny

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1557951' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:26 PM']quote..Sexuality is a choice.
by by gallo.
lol. how do you kno player??[/quote]
thats about as assumptive as saying you all had close minds.

Galloglasses

No it isn't

[quote]quote..Sexuality is a choice.
by by gallo.
lol. how do you kno player??[/quote]
Because if it wasn't a choice, you wouldn't have straights becoming gays and gays becoming straights.

rckllnknny

and your 'and/' was a little instigating.
a you aint got to bash me. i dint to nothin to ya. lol.

Edited by rckllnknny