An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuals

rckllnknny

Galloglasses

[quote name='Alycin' post='1558004' date='Jun 4 2008, 05:56 PM']huh?

All I'm saying is, don't go around making what appear to be scientifically backed claims (statement of fact about something of a scientific nature) when there isn't actually a definitive answer about it.

I know people who are gay that had a hell of a bad time growing up in the crappy prejudiced town that I live in, that got picked on constantly before they were even "out" because there voices were different, or because they didn't play sports, or because they wanted to do things that the guys in school thought weren't masculine enough. And when they were finally out, they got the croutons beat out of them. And this is NOT a rare occurrence in the good ole southern states. If it was so simple as just "choosing" to be straight, I'm sure a lot of people would have decided to do that. But for people who are gay, it isn't possible to be attracted to someone of the opposite sex. Just like it isn't possible for me to be attracted to someone of the same sex.

That doesn't mean that homosexuality is right. These topics have been discussed to death on these boards and many others before. I don't know why we need yet ANOTHER thread.[/quote]
You apparently didn't read my opinion of how one becomes gay. My idea is that its the various influences and temptations an individual faces that leads them to have homosexual tendencies, so when they start thinking they're homosexual, it seems natural to them. When I was making those statements, it was my line of reasoning as my back up, not science, I would've quoted scientific sources if that were the case, i'm sorry for the confusion. And it is quite possible, just that a homosexual person may have sufferred too much trauma to be attracted to the opposite sex anymore. Not all homosexuals go through such amounts though.

Edited by Galloglasses

rckllnknny

quote.You apparently
again so assumptive.

btw yeh i think we got it.
yep i dont take you seriously.
but i got the answer i needed for my own opinions and views. and i have no need for this thread. ima let it go.

think what you want. that is more important than me changing your mind anyway.
(however) you wont change mine either. it takes alot of integrity to stand next to what you believe. and i respect that. beside i kno i will always hold on to what i believe in.

Edited by rckllnknny

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1558041' date='Jun 4 2008, 07:24 PM']You apparently didn't read my opinion of how one becomes gay. My idea is that its the various influences and temptations an individual faces that leads them to have homosexual tendencies, so when they start thinking they're homosexual, it seems natural to them. When I was making those statements, it was my line of reasoning as my back up, not science, I would've quoted scientific sources if that were the case, i'm sorry for the confusion. And it is quite possible, just that a homosexual person may have sufferred too much trauma to be attracted to the opposite sex anymore. Not all homosexuals go through such amounts though.[/quote]

Your opinion on "how one becomes gay" is not new to me.

I believe that is possible as well but I certainly don't think that's the only conclusion to draw, as there are gay people that have not been abused or traumatized and are still gay. Of course, like I've said in other threads, there are people who will "act" gay for a short while for whatever reason, but that are not really gay. There are so many variables that is impossible to make blanket statements about how one's sexual orientation comes into place.

ardillacid

[quote name='Seven77' post='1557990' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:41 PM']ridiculous... what next... I suppose someone will tell me that humans have rights to marry squirrels... oh wait[/quote]
:furious:

Galloglasses

[quote name='Alycin' post='1558069' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:32 PM']Your opinion on "how one becomes gay" is not new to me.

I believe that is possible as well but I certainly don't think that's the only conclusion to draw, as there are gay people that have not been abused or traumatized and are still gay. Of course, like I've said in other threads, there are people who will "act" gay for a short while for whatever reason, but that are not really gay. There are so many variables that is impossible to make blanket statements about how one's sexual orientation comes into place.[/quote]
Erm...I was AGREEING with you on the trauma issue, I stated that Gays have suffered so much trauma in their lives they can't feel themselves attracted to the opposite sex. I also know what you mean regarding attention seekers, they come in all forms, I know a fundamentalist friend of mine who used to be the most ardent athiest and tried to piss everyone off.

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1558083' date='Jun 4 2008, 07:38 PM']Erm...I was AGREEING with you on the trauma issue[/quote]

You weren't agreeing with me, you couldn't have been, because that wasn't what I said. :idontknow:

Galloglasses

[quote]as there are gay people that have not been abused or traumatized and are still gay[/quote]

[quote]homosexual person may have sufferred too much trauma to be attracted to the opposite sex[/quote]

rckllnknny

gallo watch your mouth. first of all. you were talking to female too.

the trauma..women who have suffered trauma who are straight may not have sexual intentions anymore. but that (i assume) wouldnt confuse someones orientation.

PEOPLE come in ALL forms. and we should love them all. but should they all have the same rights??

Edited by rckllnknny

rckllnknny

yep im out. i really did get my answer. i was just pointing out we were completely off the subject. and everyone knows what you are talking about gallo. we are just talking in circles now tho.

Edited by rckllnknny

Galloglasses

Ah right, my bad.

And rckllnknny, I stopped talking to you when I was discussing with Al, will you quit trying to provoke me further? You said you left a good few posts ago.

Edited by Galloglasses

ardillacid

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1558101' date='Jun 4 2008, 07:46 PM']gallo watch your mouth.[/quote]
haha

ouch

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1558101' date='Jun 4 2008, 07:46 PM']PEOPLE come in ALL forms. and we should love them all. but should they all have the same rights??[/quote]

All humans should have the same rights, and since God loves all humans, so should we love each other.

BUT...

marriage is NOT a right.

IMO a straight person who is extremely unfaithful or is completely caught up in lust or sexual addiction should not have the privilege of getting married in the same way that a homosexual person should not have the privilege of getting married, because both of these situations would be an example of disordered sexuality. Do we love them any less? No. But loving someone doesn't mean that you give them everything that they want. The most loving thing you can do for someone is to help them stay away from sin. If this means helping them stay away from things they want, so be it. We don't keep alcohol in the house because my father is a recovering alcoholic. It's not because we don't love him, that's for sure.

I think that a homosexual couple should have the same tax options as a common-law couple. Whether you want to believe it or not, marriage is a holy institution, and not a government one.

Galloglasses

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1558115' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:50 PM']haha

ouch[/quote]
D:

[quote]IMO a straight person who is extremely unfaithful or is completely caught up in lust or sexual addiction should not have the privilege of getting married in the same way that a homosexual person should not have the privilege of getting married, because both of these situations would be an example of disordered sexuality. Do we love them any less? No. But loving someone doesn't mean that you give them everything that they want. The most loving thing you can do for someone is to help them stay away from sin. If this means helping them stay away from things they want, so be it. We don't keep alcohol in the house because my father is a recovering alcoholic. It's not because we don't love him, that's for sure.[/quote]

werd.

Edited by Galloglasses