An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuals

rckllnknny

CatherineM

If your view point isn't within the teaching of the Church, then you can't call your view a Catholic one. You have the free will not to follow the rules, or believe in the rules, but at some point, you can't call yourself a Catholic if you aren't "in communion" with the Church's teachings.

rckllnknny

bcuz i think they hav the right to get married isnt wrong. if it is not recognized in the catholic church so be it. but legally they should still have a right.

rckllnknny

i don kno if that makes sense. a church is at the churchs discretion. but legally they should have the same rights. i dont neccesarily agree with them not being able to married in the catholic church. thats up to the church. but on the state level people should still have the same rights/

IrishSalesian

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560326' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:13 PM']i don kno if that makes sense. a church is at the churchs discretion. but legally they should have the same rights. i dont neccesarily agree with them not being able to married in the catholic church. thats up to the church. but on the state level people should still have the same rights/[/quote]

I'm sorry, but no.

rckllnknny

well maybe they should make a law that people hav to go to a catholic church or we'll give them the death penalty. k im done with phatmass. best of luck. btw. the word catholicism was never in the bible. see ya when we get there.

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560342' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:24 PM']well maybe they should make a law that people hav to go to a catholic church or we'll give them the death penalty. k im done with phatmass. best of luck. btw. the word catholicism was never in the bible. see ya when we get there.[/quote]

Except Jesus handed the keys of the kingdom to Peter, the first Pope.

And no, you don't legally have to be a part of the church...that is silly. People have the right to deny any gifts they want. But its their loss. And we hurt for them, but saying that its "ok" to believe that they see the whole truth is wrong. They have to be ready, they have to ask, and God won't punish those who were never able to see the truth becuase of personal or societal flaws. However, to deny the fullness of the Eucharist is to deny how much God loves the world.

rckllnknny

i kno. i already said i kno that. ok?? i kno that. but you dont listen to me tho. see topic called RICK if you havent already.

IrishSalesian

I think that you answer is to vague. If you believe in the teachings of the Magisterium and the Church, then you would not be in support of a legal union between homosexuals, under any circumstances.

Norseman82

[quote name='Lisieux Flower' post='1559219' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:39 AM']that's your opinion based on your religious beliefs.[/quote]

It's natural law. It's how we were designed. Do you plug a lamp cord into another lamp cord or into a socket?

[quote name='Lisieux Flower' post='1559219' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:39 AM']what about my friend who has differing beliefs, religious and otherwise, who is gay?[/quote]

Your friend is wrong and suffers from a disorder.

[quote name='Lisieux Flower' post='1559219' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:39 AM']are we going to base the law on your religion and ignore him? is separation of church and state something we actually put into practice?[/quote]

Why not? Every law, save a few zoning laws, imposes some form of morality on the general public...

Also, if you are truly Catholic like you claim to be in your title, you won't mind me fixing your quote:

[quote name='Lisieux Flower' post='1559219' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:39 AM']base the law on [b][u]our[/u][/b] religion[/quote]

[quote name='Lisieux Flower' post='1559219' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:39 AM']is separation of church and state something we actually put into practice?[/quote]

That's the same drivel used by the baby-killing lobby.

rckllnknny

lol. its not vague. its vague to you. i know what i believe in. i kno how everything fits together into Gods plan too.

and norseman you are wrong about everything you said. a true christian. judge not lest thee be judged.

Norseman82

[quote name='Kitty' post='1559224' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:47 AM']How rude.[/quote]

Yeah, well, sometimes the truth hurts but it needs to be said. Life's like that. Get used to it.

[quote name='Kitty' post='1559224' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:47 AM']Believe it or not, gay people can actually love another person of the same sex just as deeply as a heterosexual person.[/quote]

But if it is the kind of love that is reserved for marriage, if you get what I mean, it is a disordered love.

Norseman82

[quote name='Alycin' post='1559273' date='Jun 5 2008, 04:06 AM']While this is true to an extent, if I lived with my best friend all my life, and I was on my deathbed, I would want her there. It's the same concept. Those with whom you are closest should be allowed there when you're dying, and the person that you are the very closest to should have the power of attorney.[/quote]

When I hear the term "life partner" it implies a marital type of relationship, not a roommate-type of relationship, so I think you would be safe.

But you raise another good point regarding the power of attorney. They already have rights. Why does the law need to change for them to give someone not related to them a power of attorney, or beneficiary on a life insurance policy? OK, maybe they cannot get on another person's health insurance benefits (there was an Adam Sandler movie about that about a year ago), but I don't believe in [i]any[/i] type of non-marital domestic partnership corporate benefits anyway, whether it be for homosexual or heterosexual.

Edited by Norseman82