An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuals

rckllnknny

rckllnknny

jesus and God have a spiritual union. yet no one ever questions that.

anyway i think the point was lost. i wonder what we all thought not everyone telling everyone they are wrong. i think that what made me mad. this whole time. i dont care if you think i am wrong. i disagree with God most of the time anyway. so i guess weve all defined the laws of the church? right? i dont think so. but youre not gonna change my mind or make me believe im not catholic. not everyone thought was martin luther king was right. but anyway thats how i feel about the issue.
so nanner nanner.

Edited by rckllnknny

Norseman82

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560380' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:49 PM']and norseman you are wrong about everything you said.[/quote]

How so?

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560380' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:49 PM']a true christian. judge not lest thee be judged.[/quote]

Says who?

CatherineM

I'm glad Rick that God had made everything so clear to you. For most of us, God's will is a mystery, so we rely on the Church, and the individuals that the Holy Spirit has put in authority over us to fill us in on the complicated, confusing stuff.

CatholicCid

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560380' date='Jun 5 2008, 07:49 PM']and norseman [b]you are wrong about everything you [/b][b]said[/b]. a true christian. [b]judge not lest thee be judged[/b].[/quote]

Isn't this statement in disagreement with itself? :mellow:

Edited by CatholicCid

Norseman82

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560394' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:57 PM']who are you to say, "if you are truly catholic..."[/quote]

Hey, it doesn't take a PhD in math to know 2+2=4.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1560377' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:47 PM']Your friend is wrong and suffers from a disorder.[/quote]

Someone can be "wrong" just by being homosexual?

IrishSalesian

[quote name='Kitty' post='1560409' date='Jun 5 2008, 10:06 PM']Someone can be "wrong" just by being homosexual?[/quote]

Yes. as said in a previous post, can you put a plug in to a plug?

[quote name='IrishSalesian' post='1560411' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:07 PM']Yes. as said in a previous post, can you put a plug in to a plug?[/quote]

I did not say "having sex." I said, can someone be "wrong" just for[i][b] being homosexual?[/b][/i]

IrishSalesian

[quote name='Kitty' post='1560420' date='Jun 5 2008, 10:13 PM']I did not say "having sex." I said, can someone be "wrong" just for[i][b] being homosexual?[/b][/i][/quote]

Well, no, in the sense that everything they say is not wrong. But their life style is wrong.

Norseman82

[quote name='Kitty' post='1560420' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:13 PM']I did not say "having sex." I said, can someone be "wrong" just for[i][b] being homosexual?[/b][/i][/quote]

If he or she is living chastely, no, he or she is not committing a sin, but he or she still suffers from a disorder.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560221' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:36 PM']unless they believe it is wrong. then they are allowed free will.[/quote]
I can go and stand in a garage and think I'm a car but it doesn't make it so.

[quote name='Alycin' post='1559272' date='Jun 5 2008, 03:03 AM']I think Didy's point (though I will let him correct me if I'm wrong) is that the government isn't implementing laws based on the bible, so using the bible to say why the government shouldn't allow something isn't going to get you very far.

That being said, I am curious Socrates what you think about the state not having anything to do with marriage, and just leaving it up to the church?[/quote]
As Christians, we should indeed strive to make our laws in accord with Christian principles and morality, not opposed to them.
And most of the American founding fathers would strongly agree with the notion that law should not reflect religious morality in any way.

From James Madison, known as "the Father of the Constitution":
“We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.” [1778 to the General Assembly of the State of Virginia]

From John Adams:
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --October 11, 1798

While the Church has raised marriage to the level of a sacrament, it is an institution of natural law - the most basic foundation of human society - and human law should reflect natural law, not pervert it.

Legal recognition of marriage, and the attendant benefits makes it easier for married couples to raise families, and encourages the natural institution of the family.
Simply withdrawing all legal benefits from marriage would not do families a service.