An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuals

rckllnknny

rckllnknny

lol. i know God pretty good too. buddy. i know what he thinks and how he feels too. i havent taken anything away from the Catholic faith. perhaps widened the doors to heaven is all.

Noel's angel

I don't think it's up to any of us as to how wide the doors into Heaven are...
Jesus and His Church have made it clear throughout time, that homosexual acts are sinful. Whether we accept that or not has no bearing on its level of truth.

Edited by Noel's angel

rckllnknny

did you see my signature on my posts. can i ask you what that means honestly in your own words??

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560259' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:49 PM']did you see my signature on my posts. can i ask you what that means honestly in your own words??[/quote]

God loves everyone. We get it. But that doesn't mean that everyone loves God. Especially when it comes to following His word.

Noel's angel

All humans have the same basic rights, no one here is denying that. But as previously stated, things like marriage are not rights. No one is saying homosexuals are lesser-beings, for each and every person, regardless of their sins, is made in the image and likeness of God. However, a sinful union (i.e. homosexual partnership) cannot be given the same status as Sacramental marriage.

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560277' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:55 PM']ok. what about legal marriage??[/quote]

In America legal marriage is built upon the idea of Christian Marriage and the benefits that it brings between a man and a woman. So...legally speaking...its pretty sketchy because the whole idea is really just a legal recognition of a spiritual act.

Noel's angel

Well, in a Catholic world, legal marriage and Sacramental marriage wouldn't be distinct. Therefore, this question wouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1560256' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:48 PM']I don't think it's up to any of us as to how wide the doors into Heaven are...
Jesus and His Church have made it clear throughout time, that homosexual acts are sinful. Whether we accept that or not has no bearing on its level of truth.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
not to mention the Jewish people before that.

rckllnknny

ok. so as a catholic view point of my own i may say. it may not be recognized by the church, unfortunately. but since they are of thier own free will they should have the right to thier choosing in thier marriage in a whatever church they so choose since it doesnt effect the safety of my own well being. have you ever voted for a president that wasnt catholic??

Edited by rckllnknny

Noel's angel

You can't have a Catholic viewpoint of your own. It's either the Catholic teaching, or your own opinion.
I've never voted for a president.
It affects their eternal wellbeing, and therefore is wrong.

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560299' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:03 PM']ok. so as a catholic view point of my own i may say. it may not be recognized by the church, unfortunately. but since they are of thier own free will they should have the right to thier choosing in thier marriage since it doesnt effect the safety of my own well being. have you ever voted for a president that wasnt catholic??[/quote]

physically, mehaps not. But spiritually it can. Its an illness and when one part of the body suffers the whole body suffers.

And voting is a separate matter. Go to the election section, please.

(and until JFK it was too taboo for a Catholic to run for president...its still pretty taboo in some areas today)

Autumn Dusk

I've not said one word thats out of line with Catholic doctrine tonight, so any suffering that I caused you is good...look at it as purification...whereas the suffering of sin (if I was lying to you) would spiritually harm you.