An Old School Catholic Message Board

Describe Yourself

pan!c139

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1318132790' post='2318315']
i'm a hawt, confused, redhead who wears sexy shoes in which i do my housework.
[/quote]

Are you bored? :hehe2:

I just read this thread, thinking maybe I'd describe myself a little. But, Sweet Mother of Mercy!, that thing doesn't count as a questionnaire - that's The Spanish Inquisition!

I'm not sure even[b][i] I [/i][/b]know the answer to all those questions! And I've known myself for a pretty long time....

• 2 years later...

Strange, I don't even remember filling this out...  Some stuff has changed, though, especially in regards to food thanks to my gluten allergy.  Things added will be in blue and I'm crossing out things I no longer like.

Things I like to do: read, watch movies, listen to music, sing, dance, go for walks, play the flute, learn Latin, go to school (I'm a nerd)

Fave bands: Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Hillsong, Celtic Woman (before they changed the singers)

Fave singers: Josh Groban, Celine Dion, Lisa Kelly (from Celtic Woman; she and I have similar singing voices), Bruno Mars, Danielle Rose

Fave actors: Gerard Butler, Harrison Ford, Nicolas Cage, Jim Caviezel, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, Matthew Perry, Jim Carrey, Rob Schneider, Justin Bartha, Richard Gere, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson, Anthony Edwards (from ER), Scott Grimes (also from ER), JOHNNY DEPP (how was he not on the first list!?!?)

Fave actresses: Laura Linney (I thought she was excellent in Exorcism of Emily Rose), Sandra Bullock (same birthday as me), Kate Winslet, Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie, Diane Kruger, Drew Barrymore, Kathy Bates, Sally Field, Julia Roberts, Claire Danes (in her old stuff like Little Women), Winona Ryder, Nicole Kidman, Jodie Foster, Bonnie Hunt, Helen Hunt, Laura Innes (from ER as Dr. Weaver), Ashley Judd, Diane Keaton, Reese Witherspoon, Julianna Marguiles

Fave old actors/actresses: Jessica Tandy (I miss her!), Jimmy Stewart, Lucille Ball, Stan Laurel, Shemp Howard, Curly Howard, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Julie Andrews, Jerry Lewis

Favorite Comedians: Red Skelton, Victor Borge, Jerry Lewis, Stan Laurel, Shemp Howard, Curly Howard, Jim Carrey, Michael Winslow, Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan, Robin Williams

Celebrities I can’t stand: Justin Bieber, Kirstie Alley, Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Howie Mandel, Nick Cannon, Mariah Carey, Montel Williams, Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, Barbara Hershey, Justin Timberlake, the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan (I do feel sorry for her but I'm tired of hearing about her issues), Amanda Bynes (same thing as LL), TOM CRUISE, Kirstie Alley, John Travolta (basically any celebrity Scientologist), Rihanna, Chris Brown, Obama (yes, it had to be said), Tyra Banks, Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey

My theme songs: Who Am I by Casting Crowns, The Summons, None But Jesus by Hillsong, A World to Believe In by Celine Dion

Fave subjects: Natural Sciences, English, Humanities, Health Science, Mythology, Classical Latin

Fave movies: Tangled, I Remember Mama, The Nativity Story, P.S. I Love You, Monsters Inc, Homeward Bound, Rab Ne Bana De Jodi, Phantom of the Opera (2004), Therese (2004), Air Force One, What Lies Beneath, The Fugitive, Lara Croft: The Cradle of Life, Little Women (1996), First Wives' Club, Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Apollo 13, National Treasure, Speed, Baby Boom, As Good As It Gets, Passion of the Christ, Sybil, Steel Magnolias, Fly Away Home, Twilight Saga (all 4 movies, especially Breaking Dawn 1 & 2; I find them oddly entertaining)

Favorite Movie Line: "You're a doodle, Mama.", "I wouldn't be afraid of death if I was you. I'd be more afraid of driving in rush hour traffic.", "A heart can be broken, but it will keep beating just the same.", "That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol.", "Oh, Sammy's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt."

Fave books: Bible, I Believe In Love, Story of a Soul

Fave Music Video: Here It Goes Again (Ok Go), That's The Way It Is (Celine Dion), I'm Alive (Celine Dion), Just the Way You Are (Bruno Mars), Wide Awake (Katy Perry), A Thousand Years (Christina Perri), You Can Call Me Al (Paul Simon)

Fave TV: Keeping Up Appearances, ER, Big Cat Diary, Friends, Mr. Bean, America's Test Kitchen, Julia Child's Master Chefs, Chopped, Barefoot Contessa, Antiques Roadshow, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Scrubs

Fave Musicals: Phantom of the Opera, Mary Poppins, Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella (with Lesley Ann Warren), Sound of Music, Wicked, Sister Act (the movie)

Fave Songs: (see theme songs) Celine Dion's songs, Caledonia by Lisa Kelly, Dulaman by Meav Ni Mhaolchatha, Sing Out by Celtic Woman, Amazing Grace by Celtic Woman (I normally don't like bagpipes, but they are amesome in this song!), Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) by Chris Tomlin, Just the Way You Are (Bruno Mars), Wide Awake (Katy Perry), A Thousand Years (Christina Perri), Come Home to the Father (Annie Karto), I Look to You (Whitney Houston), I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston)

Fave Bible books: Gospel of Luke, Romans, Philippians, Acts of the Apostles

Fave Bible verses: Romans 12:2, Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28, 1 Corinthians 13:4-13, Matthew 16:24-27, The Annunciation, The Visitation

Fave prayers: Hail Mary, Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen), Psalm 51, Lord's Prayer, Apostles' Creed

Fave flowers: Rose, Daisy, Casablanca Lily, Tulips, Hydrangea, Gladiolus

Fave fruit: Strawberries, Apples, Clementine Oranges, Watermelon, Honeydew Melon, Pineapple, Grapes

Fave Magazines: Fitness, Whole Living, Magnificat, The Word Among Us

Fave sport: Tennis, bowling, Gymnastics

Fave animals: dogs, African Leopard, Cheetah, African Lion, Giraffe, Zebra, Quarter Horse

Fave colors: Royal Purple, Royal Blue, Ceylon Blue, Fuchsia, Pink, Red

Fave LOTR character: Arwen, Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn

Fave saints: St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Rose of Lima, St. Elizabeth of the Visitation, St. Elizabeth of Hungary, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Dominic, St. Martin de Porres, St. Teresa of the Andes, Bl. John Paul II, Bl. Louis and Zelie Martin, Ven. Catherine McAuley, St. Paul, St. John the Evangelist, St. John the Baptist, St. Anne, St. Joachim, St. Joseph, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. Bernard of Clairveaux

Fave food: Roast Chicken, Roast Turkey, Roast Beef, Pot Roast, Mashed Red Potatoes with Gravy, Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts (yes, I love 'em!), Artichokes, Wild Salmon, Bacon Cheeseburger, French Fries from Wendy's, Grilled Chicken Nuggets and Waffle Fries from Chick-Fil-A, Filipino food (especially Pancit), Popcorners in Kettle flavor, Baked Potato (with Sour Cream, Bacon Bits, and Shredded Cheese), Cobb Salad

Fave candy: York Peppermint Patty, Three Musketeers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Kit Kat, Snickers, 5th Avenue Bar, Whatchamacallit, Mike and Ike, Junior Mints

Fave place to be: Church, convent, mountains, in my room, on spiritual retreats

Fave fast food restaurant: Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell, Subway, Chipotle

Fave author: Fr. Andrew Apostoli, Cecilia Ahern, don't really have a favorite

Fave cars: Honda Accord, Pontiac Grand Prix (2006 model in black), Chrysler PT Cruiser, Toyota Prius

Fave soda: Barq's Root Beer, Coca-Cola, Sprite, Blood Orange Italian Soda

Fave drink: McDonald's Half-and-Half Iced Tea, Hot Tea (Twining's English Breakfast and Lady Grey), Coke

Fave chips: Herr's Salt and Vinegar, Pringles Lightly Salted, Lay's Barbeque, Lay's Sour Cream and Onion, Popcorners in Kettle flavor

Fave jokes: don't really have any

Fave ice cream: DQ Vanilla Blizzard with Snicker pieces DQ Hot Fudge Sundae, Strawberry Fro-Yo

Fave Disney Princess: Rapunzel, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella

Fave Cartoon Character: Bugs Bunny

Fave superhero: Don't have one because I hate watching superhero movies

Music: Classical, Gaelic, Pop, Christian Contemporary

Fave jobs: Nun or Sister, Human Resources Manager (what I hope to do in the future)

Fears: Rats, poisonous snakes, heights, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes (though I do think tornadoes are rather interesting)

This is one of my fave music videos that I listed and I think it's very neat because of the way it looks like each picture is made from cassette tape.  The song has a good message, too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk[/media]

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

• 2 months later...
Ancilla Domini

Height: 5' 6-1/8"

Things I like to do: Read, watch old movies, play the violin, sing, chat, quote movies. :D, climb fences, do dare-devil stunts that freak people out. :D

Fave bands: Hmm....none, I guess, unless you consider "Three Tenors" to be a band.

Fave singers: Opera Singers: Placido Domingo, Beverly Sills, Piotr Beczala, Rolando Villazon, Diana Damrau, Anna Netrebko, Luciano Pavarotti, Jussi Bjorling, etc etc etc.

Other Singers: Burl Ives, Ralph McTell

Fave actors: Marlon Brando, Humphrey Bogart, Leslie Howard, James Cagney, Jimmy Stewart, Ronald Colman

Fave actresses: Ingrid Bergman, Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn

Fave old actors/actresses: See above. :)

Favorite Comedians: Steve Martin, Tim Conway, Carol Burnett (And pretty much anyone on the Carol Burnett Show)

Celebrities I can’t stand: John Wayne, Stewart Granger (Particular animosity towards John Wayne - that's one of the only things on which my best friend, who is an avid fan of his, and I disagree

My theme songs: The Streets of London by Ralphy McTell, As Time Goes By, (Best sung by Dooley Wilson in Casablanca) and It Makes no Difference now, (Best sung by Burl Ives.)

Fave subjects: Literature, Art, Music, Logic and Philosophy, and Theology

Fave movies:

Casablanca, with Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre, and Paul Henreid

The Great Escape, with Steve McQueen, Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson, James Garner, and Donald Pleasance

The Three Amigos, with Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and Martin Short

Desk Set, with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn

Roman Holiday, with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn

War Horse, with Jeremy Irvine

Joyeux Noël (I don't know the names of the actors/ in this film, but I do know that the voices of the opera singers were sung by Natalie Dessay and Rollando Villazon

Barrabas, with Anthony Quinn

Favorite Movie Line: ONE favorite movie line? Is it possible to have only ONE favorite movie line? I refuse to restrict myself to one.  :hehe2:

Casablanca: "Look, Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it don't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill o' beans in this crazy world."

"Oh please, monsieur, allow me. It's a little game we play, they put it on my bill, I tear up the bill. It's very convenient."

"Sasha, shutup!" -- "Alright, alright. For you, I shutup, because Yvonne, I love you."

"Where were you last night?" -- "That's so long ago I can't remember." -- "Will I see you tonight?" -- "I never make plans that far ahead."

"Here's lookin' at you, kid."

"Sir, I am shocked, SHOCKED, that there is gambling going on, in these premises!!" -- (Bell boy comes running up) "Your winnings, sir."

Three Amigos: "We're going to have to use our brains." -- "Darn it."

"What does INfamous mean?" -- "Oh, Dusty. laughs INfamous is - is when you're more than famous. This El Guapo is not just famous, he's more than famous."

"In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!"

"What is one thing this village does really well?" -- "We can sew!!" -- "There you go, you can SEW! (sarcastically) If only we'd known this earlier!"

"I promise I'll come back some day!" -- "Why?" -- (Embarrassed) "Oh, well...I thought...maybe...you and I...um..." -- "Oh, I see."

I'm going to stop there. I couldn't in a bajillion years tell you all of my favorite quotes. :D

Fave books: Story of a Soul, A Right to be Merry, The Little Flowers of St. Francis, Pride and Prejudice, A Tale of Two Cities, Jane Eyre

Fave TV: Don't watch TV, but I guess The Carol Burnett show qualifies as a TV show? I watch it on YouTube

Fave Musicals: Not really that fond of musicals. I like Astaire-and-Rogers movies though, which I guess are musicals. (I'm a sucker for tap-dancing. It's my soft-spot. :D)

Fave Songs: (see theme songs) Anything sung by Burl Ives, anything from La Traviata,

Fave Bible books: Book of Tobias, Gospel of John, Letters to the Corinthians

Fave Bible verses: 1 Corinthians 13, Psalm 26:4, Luke 1:38

Fave prayers: Hail Mary, Salve Regina, "My Queen, My Mother, I give myself entirely to thee...", prayer before the crucifix

Fave flowers: Cherry Blossoms, Poppies, Bleeding Heart, Fuschia

Fave fruit: Clementines, Watermelon, Figs, Dragon Fruit

Fave Magazines: Bon Appetit

Fave sport: Tennis, gymnastics, horse-back-riding, swimming

Fave animals: Horses, Tasmanian Devils, Parrots, Dogs, Cats

Fave colors: Green, brown, black, grey

Fave LOTR character: Never read it. :D

Fave saints: St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Elizabeth of Hungary, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Clare of Assisi, St. Martin de Porres, St. Teresa of the Andes, St. Benedict, St. Scholastica, St. Padre Pio

Fave food: Almost anything Italian or French

Fave candy: Coffee Cordials, Reese's Peanut-Butter Cups

Fave place to be: Church, Convent, Italy, France, Bavaria

Fave fast food restaurant: None

Fave author: Don't really have a favorite author

Fave cars: Honda Accord, Pontiac Grand Prix (2006 model in black), Chrysler PT Cruiser, Toyota Prius

Fave soda: Chinotto

Fave drink: Coffee, Water

Fave chips: None

Fave jokes: No one in particular.

Fave ice cream: Tiramisu, Nocciola, Blueberry, mint-chocolate-chip

Fave Disney Princess: Don't have one

Fave Cartoon Character: Shaun the Sheep, Top Cat

Fave superhero: Don't have one

Music: Classical, Ballads, Folk Music/Country Music (in the older sense)

Fave jobs: Nun or sister, war nurse

Fears: Hell and Sin

Good GRIEF! I can't believe I wasted so much time filling this out. XD It was fun, though. :)

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Height: 6', .25"

Things I like to do: Walking; hiking; singing; composting.

Fav bands:  Sade; Steely Dan.

Fav singers:  Sade; M. Ward; Elvis Costello; Joni Mitchell

Fav actors:  Gary Oldham.

Fav actresses:  Gena Rowlands.

Fav old actors/actresses:  Charlie Chaplin.

Favorite Comedians:  Paula Poundstone.

Celebrities I can�t stand:  Robin Williams  

My theme song:  Water shows the hidden heart, by Enya.

Fav subjects:  Holy Gospel; critical thinking; Catholic anthropology; spiritual theology

Fav movies: Gloria (1980); The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928); Diary of a Country Priest (1951); Juliet of the Spirits (1965)

Favorite Movie Line:  "You let a woman beat you.  You little tiny nothin'!"  (Gloria).

Fav books:  Christ, the Life of the Soul, by Bl. Columba Marmion; The Pickwick Papers, by Charles Dickens; The Sneeches, by Dr. Seuss.

Fav Music Video: 

Fav TV:  Dragnet

Fav Musicals:  Bat Boy, the Musical.

Fav Songs: Wavelength, by Van Morrison.

Fav Bible books: 1 John.

Fav Bible verse: Revelation 21:4

Fav prayer: Angelus

Fav flower: Sunflower

[b]Fav fruit:[/b] Avocado.

[b]Fav Magazines:[/b] National Geographic.

[b]Fav sport:[/b] Hiking.

[b]Fav animals:[/b] Dogs; parrots.

[b]Fav colors:[/b] Pastel yellow.

[b]Fav LOTR character:[/b]  Eru

[b]Fav saints:[/b] Bl. Julian of Norwich; St. Hildegard of Bingen; St. Martin de Porres; Bl. Columba Marmion

[b]Fav food:[/b] Nuts.

[b]Fav candy:[/b] Hershey's with Almonds

[b]Fav place to be:[/b] Home.

[b]Fav fast food restaurant:[/b] Qdoba Mexican Grill

[b]Fav author:[/b]  Charles Dickens

[b]Fav cars:[/b] Smart Car

[b]Fav soda:[/b] Vintage brand flavored seltzer

[b]Fav drink:[/b] Coffee

[b]Fav chips:[/b] Original Triscuits

[b]Fav jokes:[/b] My own.

[b]Fav ice cream:[/b] Vanilla

[b]Fav Disney Princess:[/b]

[b]Fav cartoon Character:[/b] Owl Jolson

[b]Fav superhero:[/b]

[b]Music:[/b] Smooth jazz; classical guitar; flamenco; sacred polyphony; Gregorian chant.

[b]Fav jobs:[/b] Immigration attorney (my current job)

[b]Fears:[/b] Dying estranged from God.

Edited by Clare Brigid

Ancilla Domini

Fave cars: Honda Accord, Pontiac Grand Prix (2006 model in black), Chrysler PT Cruiser, Toyota Prius I prefer Vespas to cars.

I just realized I accidentally left the previous person's answers in, for this one. It's fixed, now. :)

Height: 6'' on the dot!

Things I like to do: Daydreaming, reading, piddling around on the internet, playing games, watching cartoons (quiet, you :I ), and just being a dork in general.

Fav bands: Clannad, RUSH, Three Dog Night, Benedictines de Santo Domingo de Silos, Boston Byzantine Choir, Weird Al, Estampie, etc.

Fav singers: Divna Ljubojevic and...um...I'm sure there are others.

Fav actors: Steve Carrell, Richard Horvitz, Khary Payton, Scott Menville, Maurice LaMarche, Tom Kenny, Greg Cipes, Ron Perlman, Tim Curry

Fav actresses: Grey DeLisle, June Foray, Tara Strong, Hynden Walch

Fav old actors/actresses: Bob Newhart

Favorite Comedians: Jim Gaffigan, Mike Berbiglia, Bill Cosby, Jerry Springer (I know :I )

Celebrities I can't stand: Steve Marmel

My theme song: croutons...um...this?

Fav subjects: History, Animation, and Literature

Fav movies: A bunch.

Favorite Movie Line: "Anybody want a peanut?"

Fav books: Watership Down, The Hobbit, Dracula, Wind in the Willows, The Lost World, War of the Worlds, The Giver, Voyage to Arcturus, Ender's Game + its sequels, The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales

Fav Music Video: Don't really have a favorite, but I suppose I'd go with this if it counts as a music video.

Fav TV: Mostly cartoons. :I

Fav Musicals:...Spamalot?

Fav Songs: Too many to count, and their always changing. I'll just go with RUSH's "Seven Cities of Gold" for now.

Fav Bible books: Proverbs.

Fav Bible verse: Can't say that I have one. :(

Fav prayer: The "Prayer to Obtain Conformity to the Sacred Heart" by St Clement Hofbauer. I've only prayed it once or twice, but it's still my favorite.

Fav flower: Imma say lilies.

Fav fruit: Mango!

Fav Magazines: N/A

Fav sport: Sleeping.

Fav animals: Bunnies, weasels, and bats, oh my.

Fav colors: Green, blue, and purple.

Fav LOTR character: Treebeard

Fav saints: St. Alphonsus Maria de Ligouri, St. Benedict, St. Gertrude of Nivelles, and the lesser-known St. Alfred the Great

Fav food: All of it.

Fav candy: Ditto.

Fav place to be: In bed.

Fav fast food restaurant: Arby's.

Fav author: Tough call. Hmm...Orson Scott Card?

Fav cars: Functional ones.

Fav soda: Sierra Mist.

Fav drink: Sweet Tea! :D

Fav chips: Salt & Vinegar (strangely popular around here, it seems).

Fav jokes: There's this one I know about cows and hay. It...uh...doesn't really work in text.

Fav ice cream: Peanut-butter Milkshakes! That counts, ja?

Fav Disney Princess: Maleficent.

Fav cartoon Character: Beast Boy. Preferably as portrayed in '03's Teen Titans, but the new one's cool too. I enjoy myself some cartoons. :3c

Fav superhero: Huh. Beast Boy again.

Music: Celtic music, rock (especially the classic stuff), electronic music, some folk or bluegrass, Byzantine and Gregorian chant, a little classical music, movie and video game soundtracks, and so on.

Fav jobs: Librarian and Animation Writer. Hope to be one of these two some day.

Fears: A dead-end future for my life. And throwing up. Throwing up scares the croutons outta me.

Edited by Spooky