Madame Vengier Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1607895' date='Jul 24 2008, 08:49 PM'] What are you suggesting?[/quote] It was a joke. A mean one.
Madame Vengier Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1607901' date='Jul 24 2008, 08:53 PM']Maybe he didn't write anything at all....[/quote] Funny you should say that... Totally random thing: I read one of those articles on Obama's Jerusalem visit, and the writer was describing how it's customary to write on a paper. But instead of explaining properly that the custom is to WRITE A PRAYER, the writer wrote (something like this) "It's customary to place a piece of folded paper in the wall". WHAT? I swear, some people. No mention at all that you write a prayer on the paper. Like the Jews just have this random, eccentric custom of placing a blank folded piece of paper in a crack in a wall. For no apparent reason.
homeschoolmom Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1607911' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:58 PM']Funny you should say that... Totally random thing: I read one of those articles on Obama's Jerusalem visit, and the writer was describing how it's customary to write on a paper. But instead of explaining properly that the custom is to WRITE A PRAYER, the writer wrote (something like this) "It's customary to place a piece of folded paper in the wall". WHAT? I swear, some people. No mention at all that you write a prayer on the paper. Like the Jews just have this random, eccentric custom of placing a blank folded piece of paper in a crack in a wall. For no apparent reason.[/quote]
Fidei Defensor Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1607731' date='Jul 24 2008, 05:54 PM']A passage of scripture so misused and misunderstood by the world. That does not prevent a christian from stating reality and fact about evils of the world and men. Bush would be anti-christian on some issues yes. But unlike Obama he at least pass law to ban late term partial birth abortion. And also help passed the born alive act. Both laws which Obama voted against and/or condemned. If someone is offend by the reality that there is an Abortion Holocaust in this world then they are offend by a fact. Millions have died thousands of thousands die each day. Does that matter? No. He supports that holocaust, saying he thinks it's bad, if he does, but then to support it he would also be a hypocrite. Abortion is a Holocaust, it is genocide. Say what you will I will state fact and reality. By standing against the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. Saying you will not serve Christ. But in this case supporting the mass murder of infants, which is greatly counter or 'anti' to Christ Jesus.[/quote] I will not serve someone who died 2,000 years ago. EPIC FAIL. I must be the anti-christ. That makes my day a bit more interesting.
KnightofChrist Posted July 25, 2008 Author Posted July 25, 2008 (edited) [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1607987' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:45 PM']I will not serve someone who died 2,000 years ago. EPIC FAIL. I must be the anti-christ. That makes my day a bit more interesting.[/quote] A fail for you, I guess it would be, seeing that Christ is not dead, but alive. Like us all you will bow your knee to Him, I do pray your come to know him. Edited July 25, 2008 by KnightofChrist
Alycin Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 (edited) Corrections: [url="http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/israelisforobama"] It was Obama supporters, not campaign members, that had the posters made.[/url] The posters were made specially for these supporters by [url="http://www.jewsforobama.com"]Jews for Obama.[/url] [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/IsraelisForObama/WaitingForObamaAtTheKotelTheWesternWall"]Here are lots more clear pictures[/url] for you guys to [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gossip"]gossip[/url] and speculate about. **According to the blog linked above written by a kid named Tony from Jerusalem (a native, from what I can gather,) neither Obama or his official campaign members had anything to do with the posters. Sorry to kill your ammunition. I have e-mailed my friend Sheila, who is a paid campaign member, to get the facts. I'll update later... maybe. ETA: By the way, the posters were indeed held by hand against the dividers, KOC... As is completely and totally obvious from the pictures. Edited July 25, 2008 by Alycin
KnightofChrist Posted July 25, 2008 Author Posted July 25, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Alycin' post='1608093' date='Jul 25 2008, 01:08 AM']Corrections: [url="http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/israelisforobama"] It was Obama supporters, not campaign members, that had the posters made.[/url] The posters were made specially for these supporters by [url="http://www.jewsforobama.com"]Jews for Obama.[/url] [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/IsraelisForObama/WaitingForObamaAtTheKotelTheWesternWall"]Here are lots more clear pictures[/url] for you guys to [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gossip"]gossip[/url] and speculate about. **According to the blog linked above written by a kid named Tony from Jerusalem (a native, from what I can gather,) neither Obama or his official campaign members had anything to do with the posters. Sorry to kill your ammunition. I have e-mailed my friend Sheila, who is a paid campaign member, to get the facts. I'll update later... maybe. [/quote] I do not believe you have killed the 'ammunition.' You may have indeed proved that there is indeed a connection between the two as I had thought. The 'grassroots' group 'Jews For Obama' is strongly affiliated with the official Obama campaign, it was "formed around the BarackObama.com web space" according to [url="http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/group/JewsforObama"]BarackObama.com[/url] From that link the Group and BarackObama.com which is Obama's official campaign site, offers jews to give a donation to Obama's campaign through a special setup for the Group by the Obama campaign. The money earned by the group counts towards Obama's over all donation earnings, and I would also gather this is how the group is funded. Nothing in life is free, not even bumper stickers, or posters. This connection or affiliation would also explain how they knew about a 'surprise' visit according to multiple news sources. It would also explain the statement by the Israeli police that "These posters were his campaign and not the doing of the police." [quote name='Alycin' post='1608093' date='Jul 25 2008, 01:08 AM']ETA: By the way, the posters were indeed held by hand against the dividers, KOC... As is completely and totally obvious from the pictures. [/quote] Yes, that is 'totally obvious' from the pictures you have provided us, but not so much from the yahoo sideshow. Nice to see you, welcome back, if it is but shortly. Edited July 25, 2008 by KnightofChrist
Fidei Defensor Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1608042' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:28 PM']A fail for you, I guess it would be, seeing that Christ is not dead, but alive. Like us all you will bow your knee to Him, I do pray your come to know him.[/quote] Lol, I "knew" him, but I decided it was hard to keep on good terms with someone who was dead and never returned my calls.
Fidei Defensor Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1608121' date='Jul 25 2008, 04:57 AM']I do not believe you have killed the 'ammunition.' You may have indeed proved that there is indeed a connection between the two as I had thought. The 'grassroots' group 'Jews For Obama' is strongly affiliated with the official Obama campaign, it was "formed around the BarackObama.com web space" according to [url="http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/group/JewsforObama"]BarackObama.com[/url] From that link the Group and BarackObama.com which is Obama's official campaign site, offers jews to give a donation to Obama's campaign through a special setup for the Group by the Obama campaign. The money earned by the group counts towards Obama's over all donation earnings, and I would also gather this is how the group is funded. Nothing in life is free, not even bumper stickers, or posters. This connection or affiliation would also explain how they knew about a 'surprise' visit according to multiple news sources. It would also explain the statement by the Israeli police that "These posters were his campaign and not the doing of the police." Yes, that is 'totally obvious' from the pictures you have provided us, but not so much from the yahoo sideshow. Nice to see you, welcome back, if it is but shortly.[/quote] Did you know that every cent you spend could possibly somehow make it to an abortion supporter? You should stop spending money, you baby killer.
ardillacid Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1608244' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:45 AM']Lol, I "knew" him, but I decided it was hard to keep on good terms with someone who was dead and never returned my calls.[/quote] Wow, bitter much?
Fidei Defensor Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='notardillacid' post='1608287' date='Jul 25 2008, 10:34 AM']Wow, bitter much? [/quote] No, it's more cynicism.
KnightofChrist Posted July 25, 2008 Author Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1608244' date='Jul 25 2008, 10:45 AM']Lol, I "knew" him, but I decided it was hard to keep on good terms with someone who was dead and never returned my calls.[/quote] Really I'm on the phone with Him now, He says He tried to call ya but His number had been blocked.
BG45 Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 (edited) [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1607901' date='Jul 24 2008, 10:53 PM']Maybe he didn't write anything at all....[/quote] He actually asked for God's protection and wisdom, for the protection of his family, and for the forgiveness of his sins. An Israeli paper utterly violated his privacy and the sanctity of the holy site by publishing his note in its entirety. [url="http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D924TL4G0&show_article=1"]http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9...;show_article=1[/url] Will respond to comments directed to me earlier in the thread later. Edited July 25, 2008 by BG45
homeschoolmom Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='BG45' post='1608390' date='Jul 25 2008, 02:37 PM']He actually asked for God's protection and wisdom, for the protection of his family, and for the forgiveness of his sins. An Israeli paper utterly violated his privacy and the sanctity of the holy site by publishing his note in its entirety. [url="http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D924TL4G0&show_article=1"]http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9...;show_article=1[/url] Will respond to comments directed to me earlier in the thread later.[/quote] That's terrible. Stupid media...
Madame Vengier Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 I find this incredible to believe. Think of all the famous, world-renowned people who have put a prayer in the wall and they never had their privacy invaded this way. Not President Bush, not the Dalai Lama, not John Kerry, not the Pope, not even Madonna. Just Barack Obama. Anybody else here see something wrong with this?
Alycin Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1608121' date='Jul 25 2008, 06:57 AM']I do not believe you have killed the 'ammunition.' You may have indeed proved that there is indeed a connection between the two as I had thought. The 'grassroots' group 'Jews For Obama' is strongly affiliated with the official Obama campaign, it was "formed around the BarackObama.com web space" according to [url="http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/group/JewsforObama"]BarackObama.com[/url] From that link the Group and BarackObama.com which is Obama's official campaign site, offers jews to give a donation to Obama's campaign through a special setup for the Group by the Obama campaign. The money earned by the group counts towards Obama's over all donation earnings, and I would also gather this is how the group is funded. Nothing in life is free, not even bumper stickers, or posters. This connection or affiliation would also explain how they knew about a 'surprise' visit according to multiple news sources. It would also explain the statement by the Israeli police that "These posters were his campaign and not the doing of the police." Yes, that is 'totally obvious' from the pictures you have provided us, but not so much from the yahoo sideshow. Nice to see you, welcome back, if it is but shortly.[/quote] I hate you burst your bubble, but perhaps you missed the part where it says that it is just like, literally, THOUSANDS of other groups that are based of the site. Yeah, they are "strongly affiliated" in that they are huge supporters, but there is no official affiliation. In case you weren't aware, ANYONE, including you, me, or my great uncle George can sign up for a blog at my.barackobama.com and have that "special setup" that you erroneously suggest was made especially for the group by the campaign. It's just like any other fundraising site; I have the exact same function on my Avon Walk for breast cancer page. They knew about the "surprise visit" apparently because it wasn't all THAT much of a surprise, as these things usually aren't... they get leaked, if not before the event, then usually the day of. I linked you to blog but I guess you didn't take the time to read it or you wouldn't keep posting things full of error. Yes, the Israeli officer wanted to make it clear that the police did not put the posters up... why WOULD police be responsible for putting them up? Who would think that? He more than likely just misspoke by saying "campaign" instead of "supporters", also "grassroots campaign" and "official campaign" could be used in this situation correctly... [url="http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/AlycinAnn/Obama%20Junk%20for%20Phatmass/"]Here are some screen shots[/url]. I tried to post them directly but I guess we can't post .png files. Be sure to check out my step-by-step demonstration of how anyone at all can access that "special setup for the Group" that you were talking about.
Alycin Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1608491' date='Jul 25 2008, 05:04 PM']I find this incredible to believe. Think of all the famous, world-renowned people who have put a prayer in the wall and they never had their privacy invaded this way. Not President Bush, not the Dalai Lama, not John Kerry, not the Pope, not even Madonna. Just Barack Obama. Anybody else here see something wrong with this?[/quote] Yes, the problem is that the world is obsessed with Obama. If you're suggesting anything else, my own personal suggestion to you would be to stop creating false rumors about your neighbors simply because you want something to be true. Someone's prayer life is between them and God and it is none of our business.
dominicansoul Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1608491' date='Jul 25 2008, 04:04 PM']I find this incredible to believe. Think of all the famous, world-renowned people who have put a prayer in the wall and they never had their privacy invaded this way. Not President Bush, not the Dalai Lama, not John Kerry, not the Pope, not even Madonna. Just Barack Obama. Anybody else here see something wrong with this?[/quote] [quote]JERUSALEM (AP) - A written prayer that Barack Obama left this week in the cracks of the Western Wall, Judaism's holiest site, asks God to guide him and guard his family, an Israeli newspaper reported Friday. "Lord—Protect my family and me," reads the note published in the Maariv daily. "Forgive me my sins, and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will." The paper's decision to make the note public drew fire. The rabbi in charge of the Western Wall, Shmuel Rabinovitz, said publishing the note intruded in Obama's relationship with God. "The notes placed between the stones of the Western Wall are between a person and his maker. It is forbidden to read them or make any use of them," he told Army Radio. The publication "damages the Western Wall and damages the personal, deep part of every one of us that we keep to ourselves," he said. Another Israeli paper, Yediot Ahronot, published an article Friday saying it had also obtained the note but decided not to publish it to respect Obama's privacy. Many visitors to the 2,000-year-old Western Wall leave notes bearing requests and prayers. Obama did so during a pre-dawn visit there Thursday, following a day spent meeting Israeli and Palestinian leaders. Maariv published a photograph of the note, which it said had been removed from the wall by a student at a Jewish seminary immediately after Obama left.[/quote] A Jewish seminarian of all people violated one of the most holiest sites in Jerusalem! But the prayer itself is beautiful. May God grant Obama exactly what he asks for!
Mercy me Posted July 25, 2008 Posted July 25, 2008 The bottom line on this is that the campaign especially this campaign controls every image possible. That is the job of a campaign. If they did not want these signs, they would have removed them.
Recommended Posts