pan!c139 Posted August 26, 2008 Author Posted August 26, 2008 hehee okay. i finished it in 24 hours. but that's what i liked about jacob (not what he did was ok). he made mistakes, and wasn't PERFECT like Edward. I think that makes him easier to relate to because he more like us...
tinytherese Posted August 27, 2008 Posted August 27, 2008 Don't get me wrong I still like him, besides he and Bella never imprinted. Bella is defintely obsessed with Edward and not in love with him or perhaps she just doesn't get what love is really about yet.
pan!c139 Posted August 27, 2008 Author Posted August 27, 2008 I agree with that. She doesn't really know what love is. (See last page - some of us have discussed that already). More of an obsession...for me, Jacob and Edward loved her more than she did...they did what was best for her, not what THEY wanted (for the most part )...love is not selfish
Kitty Posted September 7, 2008 Posted September 7, 2008 (edited) I'm almost halfway through Twilight and I hate it. Bella is a Mary Sue, Edward is a Gary Sue. The writer does a bad job of writing in first person as the CHARACTER. Bleh. And I love vampire movies/books/anything too. Also, it is so. danm. BORING. Edited September 7, 2008 by Kitty
pan!c139 Posted September 8, 2008 Author Posted September 8, 2008 Yeah, nothing great happens till the end of the books really. I like the action better than the romance.
Anastasia13 Posted September 23, 2008 Posted September 23, 2008 (edited) The author is Stephenie Meyer, right? I recently heard of the book and would like to read it. Edited September 23, 2008 by Light and Truth
tinytherese Posted September 25, 2008 Posted September 25, 2008 (edited) Yep, Stephenie Meyer is the one. Edited September 25, 2008 by tinytherese
jmjtina Posted September 28, 2008 Posted September 28, 2008 now if I see the movie, I'll think of Goth Vamps.......
CrossCuT Posted September 29, 2008 Posted September 29, 2008 (edited) [size=40]HOW DID THIS THREAD GET STARTED WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? [/size] [size=1]Edward smells of elderberries. GO JACOB! [/size] Edited September 29, 2008 by CrossCuT
pan!c139 Posted October 4, 2008 Author Posted October 4, 2008 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1666188' date='Sep 29 2008, 07:00 AM'][size=40]HOW DID THIS THREAD GET STARTED WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? [/size] [size=1]Edward smells of elderberries. GO JACOB! [/size][/quote] ANOTHER FANPIRE!!! WOOT!!!! I love both Edward and Jaocb...but Jacob SLIGHTLY better
Faith 1st Posted October 5, 2008 Posted October 5, 2008 So I went out and started the books in August..... Read Twilight in 2 days Read New Moon in 2 days Read Eclipse in 2 day but I am having trouble finishing Breaking Dawn Am I the only one that has found the last book hard to read? [b]I think that I am in with Edward.....[/b] I had a friend like Jacob, and I do feel her pain when she sees him in pain over her... I still hear about my Jacob (Frank) all the time.
Faith 1st Posted October 5, 2008 Posted October 5, 2008 (edited) I made my own sound track to these books too.... And Yes I know that I am a dork for doing this....here it is These are the songs that make me think of Bella and Edward 1. Unbeautiful - Lesley Roy 2. Check Yes or No -We the Kings 3. That's What You Get - Paramore 4. August is Over - We the Kings 5. Viva la Vida - Cold Play 6. Stolen - Dashboard Confessions 7. Dead but Breathing - Lesley Roy 8. Vindicated - Dashboard Confessions 9. I'm so Sick - Flyleaf 10. Hands Down - Dashboard Confessions 11. All Around Me - Flyleaf 12. How to Save a Life - The Fray 13. I'm Gone, I'm Going - Lesley Roy 14. Bring me to Life - Evanescence 15. Fully Alive - Flyleaf 16. Who Knew - P!nk 17. Fall for You - Second Hand Serenade 18. If it Make you Happy - Sheryl Crow 19. I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace 20. My Immortal - Evanescence Edited October 5, 2008 by Faith 1st
pan!c139 Posted October 6, 2008 Author Posted October 6, 2008 [quote name='Faith 1st' post='1670826' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:46 AM']So I went out and started the books in August..... Read Twilight in 2 days Read New Moon in 2 days Read Eclipse in 2 day but I am having trouble finishing Breaking Dawn Am I the only one that has found the last book hard to read? [b]I think that I am in with Edward.....[/b] I had a friend like Jacob, and I do feel her pain when she sees him in pain over her... I still hear about my Jacob (Frank) all the time.[/quote] Haha join the club!!!!! We all love Edward!!!! LOL I read the last two books in two days together!!! [quote name='Faith 1st' post='1670833' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:57 AM']I made my own sound track to these books too.... And Yes I know that I am a dork for doing this....here it is These are the songs that make me think of Bella and Edward 1. Unbeautiful - Lesley Roy 2. Check Yes or No -We the Kings 3. That's What You Get - Paramore 4. August is Over - We the Kings 5. Viva la Vida - Cold Play 6. Stolen - Dashboard Confessions 7. Dead but Breathing - Lesley Roy 8. Vindicated - Dashboard Confessions 9. I'm so Sick - Flyleaf 10. Hands Down - Dashboard Confessions 11. All Around Me - Flyleaf 12. How to Save a Life - The Fray 13. I'm Gone, I'm Going - Lesley Roy 14. Bring me to Life - Evanescence 15. Fully Alive - Flyleaf 16. Who Knew - P!nk 17. Fall for You - Second Hand Serenade 18. If it Make you Happy - Sheryl Crow 19. I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace 20. My Immortal - Evanescence[/quote] Those are all great songs!!! Most of them totally remind me of Bella and Edward too! Have you heard Paramore's song for the Twilight Movie soundtrack? It's called Decode - GREAT song. Here's the soundtrack: Muse — Supermassive Black Hole Paramore — Decode The Black Ghosts — Full Moon Linkin Park — Leave Out All The Rest MuteMath — Spotlight (Twilight Mix) Perry Farrell — Going All The Way (Into The Twilight) Collective Soul — Tremble For My Beloved Paramore — I Caught Myself Blue Foundation — Eyes On Fire Rob Pattinson — Never Think Iron & Wine — Flightless Bird, American Mouth Carter Burwell — Bella's Lullaby OMG ROB PATTINSON HAS A SONG!!!!!!! [quote name='rachael' post='1670839' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:27 AM']how long have you been 17? [/quote]
Faith 1st Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 [quote name='rachael' post='1670839' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:27 PM']how long have you been 17? [/quote] ouch.... that hurt rachael
tinytherese Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 [quote name='rachael' post='1670839' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:27 PM']how long have you been 17? [/quote] It's funny because I help out with RCIA at the parish that I go to in the town of my college and at the lesson last night the topic was "Who does the church say that Jesus is?" So we talked a lot about Him being the second member of the trinity and looking at the heresies throughout church history regarding both His divinity and humanity. At one point our parish priest posed a question that asked, "Did the Word of God celebrate His seventeenth birthday?" and that totally reminded me of this quote. Not even Edward can compete with the awesomeness of Our Lord.
rachael Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 [quote name='Faith 1st' post='1672256' date='Oct 7 2008, 08:31 PM']ouch.... that hurt rachael [/quote] just quoting the trailer.
Faith 1st Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 okay so can you tell that I am so over worked and tied? I think that I have been taking everything to literal. My feeling aren't hurt and more.....
rachael Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 OHHH. I was wondering what you were talking about.
jmjtina Posted October 12, 2008 Posted October 12, 2008 anyone see the new [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaBvvSf2OE"]trailer[/url]? why does the music remind me of LOTR?!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now