An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Twilight Thread...

pan!c139

Twilight?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

rizz_loves_jesus

To be honest, I'm not really sure what all the hype is about... I like the books and I think they're interesting, but they can't even compare to Harry Potter :P Like, it seemed like Bella was more obsessed with Edward than in love with him. And Edward has no weakness, either- he's perfect. And Bella and Edward never fight, it's always lovey dovey love.

Even with all of that, though, they're really interesting books, I couldn't put any of them down
:P

They did fight a lot actually, but it wasn't any SERIOUS fights...but yeah, I agree a bit with the obsession...she loved him, but it was like she needed him for herself, and not because she decided to love him, you know? :idontknow:

I think that's why I liked Jacob so much, because he was more human - he made mistakes.

I've never read Harry Potter, so there. :P I like Twilight better haha.

The only things that really bothered me about Jacob were that one he forced a kiss out of Bella (assault,) two after the kiss he was all "I know that you really do love me too you're just refuse to admit it," and then he totally manipulated Bella into letting him kiss her.

Not that I hate Jacob. He just made some decisions that made him look like a jerk. I still want him to be happy though. I hope that he imprints with someone in Breaking Dawn. I haven't finshed it yet so don't spoil it for me.

Edited by tinytherese

hehee okay. i finished it in 24 hours. :D

but that's what i liked about jacob (not what he did was ok). he made mistakes, and wasn't PERFECT like Edward. I think that makes him easier to relate to because he more like us...

Don't get me wrong I still like him, besides he and Bella never imprinted. Bella is defintely obsessed with Edward and not in love with him or perhaps she just doesn't get what love is really about yet.

I agree with that. She doesn't really know what love is. (See last page - some of us have discussed that already). More of an obsession...for me, Jacob and Edward loved her more than she did...they did what was best for her, not what THEY wanted (for the most part :D)...love is not selfish

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost halfway through Twilight and I hate it. Bella is a Mary Sue, Edward is a Gary Sue. The writer does a bad job of writing in first person as the CHARACTER. Bleh. And I love vampire movies/books/anything too.

Also, it is so. danm. BORING.

Edited by Kitty

• 3 weeks later...

The author is Stephenie Meyer, right? I recently heard of the book and would like to read it.

Edited by Light and Truth

[size=40]HOW DID THIS THREAD GET STARTED WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
[/size]

[size=1]Edward smells of elderberries.

GO JACOB!
[/size]

Edited by CrossCuT

[quote name='CrossCuT' post='1666188' date='Sep 29 2008, 07:00 AM'][size=40]HOW DID THIS THREAD GET STARTED WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
[/size]

[size=1]Edward smells of elderberries.

GO JACOB!
[/size][/quote]

:lol_pound:
ANOTHER FANPIRE!!! WOOT!!!! I love both Edward and Jaocb...but Jacob SLIGHTLY better :love: