Luthien Posted October 21, 2008 Posted October 21, 2008 The books are okay. I guess being married and 22 makes it harder for me to fall in love with fictional characters. : No offense to anyone currently in love with Jacob or Edward, I probably would have been if I had read these at 17. Ill read Breaking Dawn soon, and I am going to go see the movie with my 16 year old neighbors. Im looking forward to recessing into teenhood for a night.
CrossCuT Posted October 21, 2008 Posted October 21, 2008 [size=1]The last book sucked for the most part, but I still like the Saga as a whole. Cant wait for the movie! [/size]
jmjtina Posted October 22, 2008 Posted October 22, 2008 *highjack* I LOVE the American Papist!!!!! he's one I regularly read! *end hijack*
Ziggamafu Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 I read the first three novels with my wife in one week of vacationing. We read the last one together the first week it came out. I loved the stories. Very easy and accessible with an interesting (albeit far less developed) take on the plausible redemption of vampires. It will be interesting to see where she takes it. Much more interesting will be Ann Rice's upcoming return to her vampire series where she explicitly redeems the vampires by an integration of her own return to the Catholic faith after 38 years of atheism (which inspired the dark series in the first place).
tinytherese Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 [quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1683800' date='Oct 22 2008, 08:40 PM']Much more interesting will be Ann Rice's upcoming return to her vampire series where she explicitly redeems the vampires by an integration of her own return to the Catholic faith after 38 years of atheism (which inspired the dark series in the first place).[/quote] That does sound interesting. Much better than say Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer who is never meant to redeem his soul apparentally. I find it strange that there's this long thread on the series and movie yet several months back I started a discussion on the movie coming out and hardly anybody joined in on it.
jmjtina Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 [quote name='tinytherese' post='1683956' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:30 PM']I find it strange that there's this long thread on the series and movie yet several months back I started a discussion on the movie coming out and hardly anybody joined in on it. [/quote]
CrossCuT Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 [size=1]Yeah that is suprising acctually because there is a HUGE fan base for the books and now the movie! [/size]
rachael Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 my friend is trying to get me to read the books. i have refused thus far.
pan!c139 Posted November 4, 2008 Author Posted November 4, 2008 [quote name='jmjtina' post='1675607' date='Oct 12 2008, 11:10 AM']anyone see the new [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaBvvSf2OE"]trailer[/url]? why does the music remind me of LOTR?!!![/quote] The new trailer was completely awesome. Yeah the music was...kind of dramatic. [quote name='rachael' post='1687451' date='Oct 27 2008, 02:54 PM']my friend is trying to get me to read the books. i have refused thus far.[/quote] Not for long.
KnewInTheTrinity Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 Is there anything wrong with reading Twilight?
Faith 1st Posted November 5, 2008 Posted November 5, 2008 Why do you think there would be something wrong by reading it? You will love it..... It is like Romeo and Juliet and Interview with a Vampire all wrapped in a nice package.
KnewInTheTrinity Posted November 5, 2008 Posted November 5, 2008 I've already read one... but is there something sinful about reading about vampires??? Idk...
rachael Posted November 5, 2008 Posted November 5, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1693052' date='Nov 4 2008, 02:59 PM']Not for long. [/quote] i still am. she got her neighbor into reading them, but not me. my professor just told me tonight to stop by his office tomorrow. he's gonna let me borrow a clockwork orange, so i have enough to keep me busy.
pan!c139 Posted November 5, 2008 Author Posted November 5, 2008 [quote name='rachael' post='1693809' date='Nov 4 2008, 10:45 PM']i still am. she got her neighbor into reading them, but not me. my professor just told me tonight to stop by his office tomorrow. he's gonna let me borrow a clockwork orange, so i have enough to keep me busy. [/quote] I have converted all my friends to it. You will soon follow...it won't take long...just wait till the movie comes out...WHAM...
rachael Posted November 5, 2008 Posted November 5, 2008 (edited) nope. my professor will keep me busy with his books on international relations and politics. Edited November 5, 2008 by rachael
jmjtina Posted November 18, 2008 Posted November 18, 2008 [quote name='KnewInTheTrinity' post='1693089' date='Nov 4 2008, 02:54 PM']Is there anything wrong with reading Twilight? [/quote] read the whole thread.
tinytherese Posted November 19, 2008 Posted November 19, 2008 At my college there's a new club that just got started devoted to the Twilight series where they'll read, discuss, and perhaps swoon over Edward.
kujo Posted November 19, 2008 Posted November 19, 2008 [quote name='tinytherese' post='1704446' date='Nov 18 2008, 11:46 PM']At my college there's a new club that just got started devoted to the Twilight series where they'll read, discuss, and perhaps swoon over Edward.[/quote] Blech.
Christie_M Posted November 19, 2008 Posted November 19, 2008 you're just hiding the fact that you secretly love the books
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now