Excelsior1027 Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 (edited) I suppose if I go to a street corner and stand on a box and start evangelizing, people will still stare at me funny? It could be worth a try... Edited September 5, 2008 by Excelsior1027
SaintOlaf Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 [url="http://www.petitiononline.com/LHCDS/petition.html"]http://www.petitiononline.com/LHCDS/petition.html[/url] For all the Sci-fi and Star Wars nerds out there
Lilllabettt Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 I remember this Bill Nye the Science Guy episode ... I think that was it anyway ... The Science Guy interviewed this fellow who gave a date for the end of the world. He had quite a little following. Anyway, the day that the world was supposed to end, Bill Nye put on a hard hat and went into NYC, and called the man from a payphone. "I'm in Manhattan, so far nothing. Can you tell me what time today the apocalypse is going to commence?" Dial tone.
Selah Posted September 5, 2008 Author Posted September 5, 2008 lol! Bill Nye is indeed awesome. I used to watch him all the time. He was on right after wishbone
knightec Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 The world ending on wednesday gives me another reason not to study.
nleyetn Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 [url="http://askanexpert.web.cern.ch/AskAnExpert/en/Accelerators/LHCblackholes-en.html"]http://askanexpert.web.cern.ch/AskAnExpert...ckholes-en.html[/url]
pan!c139 Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 Wishbone! *singing* What's the story of Wishbone?! haha Good times, good times.
Selah Posted September 5, 2008 Author Posted September 5, 2008 Woah! dUst posted in my thread! amazing!
pan!c139 Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 We are hailed by the almighty presence of dUST.
Selah Posted September 5, 2008 Author Posted September 5, 2008 [quote]Wishbone! *singing* What's the story of Wishbone?! haha[/quote] I had the books they put out too I loved them!
pan!c139 Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 I miss Wishbone. He was a good dog - and a good show...WHATEVER happened to all the good shows?!?!??! They're all gone.
Justin86 Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 [quote name='Selah' post='1648112' date='Sep 6 2008, 01:32 AM']Woah! dUst posted in my thread! amazing! [/quote] His post didn't seem to make sense though. Congrats anyway!
pan!c139 Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 He doesn't have to make sense. The fact that he posted is enough for us.
Brother Adam Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 As that link says there is no chance the world is coming to an end due to the CERN LCH. They are attempting to get a glimpse of the missing Higgs particle that would help finally reach the conclusion that scientists have been searching for since Einstein's theory of relativity - the theory of everything. There is only a remote chance of finding Higgs - which has such a small shelf life they would only know its there by the left overs. There is an even far remoter chance of any black hole forming, and if it did it would be so tiny and experience an even smaller shelf life no one would notice. So, I'm sorry HSmom, but laundry still calls.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now