Selah Posted September 8, 2008 Author Posted September 8, 2008 We'll be okay Though can't say i didn't, for just a second, think of what I would do should we all be in danger of this. Who I'd talk to, where I'd go...it would be like Last Holiday, only without Queen Latifah in skies.
pan!c139 Posted September 8, 2008 Posted September 8, 2008 But wait!!! I need to make my Bucket List NOW!!!! I still need to go skydiving!!!
LouisvilleFan Posted September 8, 2008 Posted September 8, 2008 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1649029' date='Sep 6 2008, 09:03 AM']The article makes it sound kinda like they just built this machine and are going to turn it on just to see what happens.[/quote] You think whoever wrote that article was giving the full story? That wouldn't capture any eyeballs and get us talkin' about the end of the world, and most importantly, it would sell advertising.
Selah Posted September 8, 2008 Author Posted September 8, 2008 Is it weird that I'm a little nervous about Wednesday?
pan!c139 Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 That's how I was today. But Wednesday...I'll still be here. I hope.
Selah Posted September 9, 2008 Author Posted September 9, 2008 Ugh. After a day like today, wouldn't mind the world ending ah well.
jeffpugh Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 (edited) It seems so sci-fi that we have the power to end the world like that. I really doubt it more I think of it. Edited September 9, 2008 by Sacred Music Man
MissyP89 Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 I am, too....but everything like this freaks me out.
T-Bone _ Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 Scientists are too busy asking "Can we..." and need to start asking "Should we..."
johnnydigit Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 [quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1648003' date='Sep 5 2008, 08:36 AM']We were talking about this a few weeks ago, and my friend said something along the lines of. "I can see it now, all the civilizations of old lined up all with stories of how they destroyed themselves, Babylon, Atlantis, Rome etc... and here comes us, we didn't just destroy our civilization, we created a black hole and destroyed the universe.... we win" [/quote] then what happened?
HisChildForever Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 (edited) The machine is in France, right? Wednesday for France isn't always Wednesday for everybody else. It's already 5:48am, Tuesday, in France. Edited September 9, 2008 by HisChildForever
johnnydigit Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 so it happens. so what. i'm getting antsy for heaven. i'd like front row seats for the show, please. come Jesus, come!
Selah Posted September 9, 2008 Author Posted September 9, 2008 Well hey, if we all die tommorow, I guess I'll treat you all to pizza in heaven!
pan!c139 Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 PIZZA!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!
fides quarens intellectum Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 [quote name='Selah' post='1650861' date='Sep 8 2008, 05:46 PM']Is it weird that I'm a little nervous about Wednesday? [/quote] um, yes
dominicansoul Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 See you guys in line for the Final Judgment! If you are wondering, I'll be the one with the halo wrapped around my ankles....
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 [quote name='EricTheRed' post='1648868' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:45 AM']"Any extra-terrestrials out there would die too, in due course. And there would be nothing technology could do about it" so if they dont come and stop us is it safe to say they dont exist?[/quote] Same reason I say time travel is impossible. If anyone in the future ever figures it out, he would've come back to tell us about it, unless of course he never uses it. Kinda makes you wonder if there's some elite class of future time explorers that travels into the past to make something of themselves...like maybe Julius Caesar was one...he didn't have a real advantage in his own time, so he went back a few thousand years and used his knowledge of technology to come to power (hiding the technology from his groupies, of course). It would make for an interesting series of novels for teens.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now