Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1669020' date='Oct 3 2008, 12:50 AM']So a part of you wants Obama to be in office for 8 years? Why else make that lame joke?[/quote]

Alot of people would give anything to do the things I do..

dairygirl4u2c
Posted (edited)

"hi i'm from the government and i'm here to help" was definitely a bad point of biden.

palin didn't show a command of anything but rhetoric. she was "me too" on education, alternative fuel, global warming etc. she didn't get into specifics, and as my last post indicated, her positions are non-sensical, or at least appear to be so as she hasn't justified the apparent and so presumed contradictions.

let her get interviewed again, or do something where it substance matters, and she'll fail again.

she's proven she knows how to be a politician, that's all.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c
Posted

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1669037' date='Oct 3 2008, 12:57 AM']she's proven she knows how to be a politician, that's all.[/quote]

EXACTLY

KnightofChrist
Posted

Amazing, but it is kinda duh duh that false prophets would not correct their predictions which have been proven false.

eagle_eye222001
Posted

It will be a few days before we have a decent idea of the effects of the VP debate.

While Palin pulled herself up from the Couric interview and spoke in a confident and friendly manner, Biden did not fail as well and he seemed to speak pretty well.

Result: a draw probably. If anyone won, maybe Biden, but not by much.

Wish Palin would have emerged with a decent edge but Biden performed well enough that I don't think Palin and McCain will get the boost they want.

If the economy was doing better, I would have more confidence that McCain/Palin would win, however since the economy has dipped, the Democrats are able to capitalize as it is easier to listen to promises of handouts then to realize that handouts are not a good answer overall.

I watch the numbers and the polls, hoping, that maybe if I analyze enough numbers, I can help my candidate of choice, however...it's times like these I remember that I can only cast my vote and then pray...as it is in God's hands...and not my wings.

Posted

They both were full of poo :)

Posted

Biden says Obama is for nuclear energy, Obama says Obama is against nuclear

:lol:

kenrockthefirst
Posted

Palin can't pronounce the word "nuclear." That's an automatic disqualification. (See Bush, George W.) Seriously.

KnightofChrist
Posted

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1669138' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:16 AM']Palin can't pronounce the word "nuclear." That's an automatic disqualification. (See Bush, George W.) Seriously.[/quote]

That is the stupidest thing I've heard you say about Palin thus far. Oh and where was this airhead who wouldn't stand a chance you told us would Palin would be? Do you have the intellectual honestly to admit you where wrong?

Posted

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1669141' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:22 AM']That is the stupidest thing I've heard you say about Palin thus far. Oh and where was this airhead who wouldn't stand a chance you told us would Palin would be? Do you have the intellectual honestly to admit you where wrong?[/quote]


She did come off as (to be very, very nice) an airhead. I don't like Biden, but at least he could inject a shred of substance into his answers. Biden is, without a doubt, smarter than Palin, however his views are often aweful. I remember a few years ago listening to him advocate some colonialish scheme to partition Iraq, irreguardless of the oppinions of the people.

kenrockthefirst
Posted

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1669141' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:22 AM']That is the stupidest thing I've heard you say about Palin thus far. Oh and where was this airhead who wouldn't stand a chance you told us would Palin would be? Do you have the intellectual honestly to admit you where wrong?[/quote]
Palin did well with her talking points insofar as she delivered them in her "folksy" manner. Never mind that she had to the temerity to trot out the same Republican nonsense about "government isn't the solution, government is the problem" in the context of the government bailing out the Right's beloved private sector in its worst crisis since the Great Depression. But I diverge. Given the extremely low expectations for her, I will give Palin her props for being able to string her talking points together in a generally coherent manner.

BTW, "nuclear" is a word that consists of only three syllables. Either she can pronounce the word and mispronounces it deliberately in some lame attempt to "connect" with "middle America," or she really can't pronounce it, which points to a deficit in her education. In light of our experience with the current occupant of the White House and his (in)famous inability to pronounce the word in question, as noted above I view Palin's mispronunciation of the word as an automatic disqualification. Seriously.

Posted

I didn't see the entire debate, but I saw most of the first half.

In the presidential debate thread, I said that putting politics aside, McCain came across as more presidential than Obama. Well, I think that was reversed for the vice presidential debate. I thought Biden came across as more presidential than Palin. Palin seemed really nervous. Biden came across more confidently.

Palin seemed to be trying to be down to earth, which I'm sure is sincere, but I don't think it comes across well. Politicians need a certain gravitas. I was thinking during the debate that I can't imagine Palin negotiating with world leaders.

I thought the debate was more relaxed than the presidential debate. Both Biden and Palin looked at each other at times, there were a few light moments, etc.

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='kujo' post='1668938' date='Oct 2 2008, 10:55 PM']Haven't been around for awhile. Figured I'd pop my head in and put my 2 cents in for the debate.

I'd like to preface this by saying that I played a drinking game during this debate. Everytime Palin said "Maverick" I had to take a sip. And any mention she made about the Bush Doctrine, Snow Machine, Moose, Lipstick, Hockey Mom, or Family Values would result in finishing my drink. On the Biden side, any "working class" or "middle class" reference was met with a sip (bonus points if we were drinking Miller High Life), and if he told the "I take the train home everyday story" I had to start drinking and couldn't stop 'till he finished. Luckily, that didn't happen.

Anyway, as to the content of the debate. I felt that they both scored some points with their constituencies (Biden's "Bridge to Nowhere" comment and subsequent stare down was probably the "OH SNAP" moment of the night, IMHO), a victory that Palin absolutely needed due to the bad press she's been getting amongst conservatives in the media lately. Biden appeared strong in the area we all figured he would--foreign policy. I felt that he looked and sounded statesman like whereas Palin appeared to be reading the Bush handbook on the subject. While she definitely hammered home that the Obama ticket would raise our taxes, she was woefully unoriginal and robotic on foreign policy. I felt like she really appeared out of her league when discussing nuclear weapons, btw.

Overall, I'd say Biden gets a A- (that gaffe about not knowing what article of the Constitution discusses the Executive Branch will be the [b]most overlooked part of the night[/b]) and Palin gets a B (maybe a B+).[/quote]


KUJO!

Were you wasted by the end of the debate???

:lol:

kenrockthefirst
Posted

[quote name='Era Might' post='1669167' date='Oct 3 2008, 08:50 AM']Palin seemed to be trying to be down to earth, which I'm sure is sincere, but I don't think it comes across well. Politicians need a certain gravitas. I was thinking during the debate that I can't imagine Palin negotiating with world leaders.[/quote]
:yes: :punk:

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='Era Might' post='1669167' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:50 AM']Palin seemed to be trying to be down to earth, which I'm sure is sincere, but I don't think it comes across well. Politicians need a certain gravitas. I was thinking during the debate that I can't imagine Palin negotiating with world leaders.[/quote]

Her personality and attitude may be just what we need to negotiate with world leaders!

goldenchild17
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1668854' date='Oct 2 2008, 09:54 PM']We are in total agreament :detective:[/quote]

that makes 3 of us :mellow: . I think she did far better than I expected. At least she didn't make her self look stupid. But still, once she started talking about the constitution and giving the VP more power and whatnot, she lost me.

Posted

one thing.... why the heck does Palin bring up "seeing Russia from Alaska" so much when foreign policy experience is brought up if she has that story about de-investing from Sudan... that's much more related to foreign policy than being near to Russia (since Russia never does anything remotely to do with Alaska these days)

she kept being blatantly obvious about avoiding things (most politicians have more slight-of-hand to make you think they're talking about the topic)... like the question would be posed and Palin would just "well, I'd actually like to get back to x topic". the moderator lady at one point after she started talking about energy in an unrelated discussion was like "I'd now be happy to talk to you about energy"... haha because that was when the question about it was actually going to come

they seemed to be both guilty of the we-agree thing though... i didn't see it as just a skew Palin was doing to her views but as something Biden was also doing to his views.

princessgianna
Posted

SHE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!! :yahoo:
GO PALIN!!!! :clap:

princessgianna
Posted

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1669159' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:42 AM']BTW, "nuclear" is a word that consists of only three syllables. Either she can pronounce the word and mispronounces it deliberately in some lame attempt to "connect" with "middle America," or she really can't pronounce it, which points to a deficit in her education. In light of our experience with the current occupant of the White House and his (in)famous inability to pronounce the word in question, as noted above I view Palin's mispronunciation of the word as an automatic disqualification. Seriously.[/quote]

oh please and while we are counting mistakes :wacko: Biden at one point said "Barack Obam- i mean John McCain..." and let's not forget that Obama said there were 58 states! I know it wa a mis-talk on his part and we all make mistakes but seriously you think that he would have corrected himself if he was truly knowing what he was saying!!!
and then Biden also messed up at least 2 other times on words and got all flustered!

i mean nuclear is a one of those words that is not the easiest to say and I am so happy you can pronounce it and think that every one should but come on!!! also are you remembering the fact that she is from Alaska please they have a twang like NY people have a twang and St.louis :woot: have a twang~ and the beautiful Texas! :texas:

gee besides she knows WAY more about Clean Energy and stuff like that than Biden,Obama and McCain all to gether!!!!


GO PALIN!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! :clap:

princessgianna
Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1669185' date='Oct 3 2008, 08:32 AM']Her personality and attitude may be just what we need to negotiate with world leaders![/quote]
I agree to that! She is STRAIGHT TALK!!!
Biden kept going in these longgggggggggggggggggggg explanations she just got right to the point and kept the audience entertained also with her charismatic smile and good choice of words and good humor!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...