Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 Had an idea, and hopefully if there's a great enough of response, dUSt in his awesomeness, will create a board for those interested! So....get voting!
Brother Adam Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 The only thing I would be reserved about is if the board was public or password protected. I believe if at all possible it should be public as a private board can foster, indirectly, the [i]occassion to sin[/i]. I am speaking from experience as a moderator on another board. oh.... oh no... I just used catholic terminology....
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 Good point Brother. Also the discussions might be very private and/or not cool for kids.
BLAZEr Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 umm, I think it should be completely hidden and secret so I'm not tempted to go in their and gross out reading things about the consistency of mucus and cycle temperatures and all that loveley married couple stuff . . . lol, and by this very post my hipocrasy is evidenced . . . Actually, I htink it would be cool actually, in a "I might have to talk to people about this one day, so I shoudl know it" kinda way.
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 [quote name='BLAZEr' date='Mar 7 2004, 11:48 PM'] umm, I think it should be completely hidden and secret so I'm not tempted to go in their and gross out reading things about the consistency of mucus and cycle temperatures and all that loveley married couple stuff . . . lol, and by this very post my hipocrasy is evidenced . . . Actually, I htink it would be cool actually, in a "I might have to talk to people about this one day, so I shoudl know it" kinda way. [/quote] LOL!
immaculata Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 NFP is awesome! (well... not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything.. I gave a speech on it last year..) I plan to use the NFP method when I get married, so it'd be great to learn a little about it now. Are you sure there isn't already an NFP board out there somewhere?
foundsheep Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 This is a good Idea, or dUST could make a thread locked like the back Alley for Married folks.
thicke Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 I always thought an on line charting thingy would be really cool too. Except for the Palm application, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of computer resources for NFP.
cmotherofpirl Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 Hey we are still hoping to get a poetry and a quotes section. Get in line
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted March 8, 2004 Author Posted March 8, 2004 [quote]This is a good Idea, or dUST could make a thread locked like the back Alley for Married folks. [/quote] Thanks! I thought so, too!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted March 8, 2004 Author Posted March 8, 2004 Let's keep this alive....maybe if we get enough 'yes's' dUSt will build us a board! Or thread....or whatnot!
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 I think its a cool idea. I mean, we have the different yahoo groups, but thats not really the same. Like, in the women's group we could discuss it, but at the same time NFP is supposed to be for both husband and wife to participate in so that doesn't really work. I just ordered The Art of Natural Family Planning today. Kinda ironic that as soon as I come on the phorum I find this thread, too! lol
marielapin Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 8 2004, 02:58 PM'] I think its a cool idea. I mean, we have the different yahoo groups, but thats not really the same. Like, in the women's group we could discuss it, but at the same time NFP is supposed to be for both husband and wife to participate in so that doesn't really work. I just ordered The Art of Natural Family Planning today. Kinda ironic that as soon as I come on the phorum I find this thread, too! lol [/quote] That book has ALL the answers. It is great. We were blessed enough when going through Pre-Cana to be given that book for free as part of the program. Its a big book but like I said, it has ALL the answers, both for people questioning the morality and the technical aspect of NFP. By the way, I think its a great idea, Teresa.
hopeful1 Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 sounds cool! I'd vote for it. I wish i could see it because even tho i'm not married ( nor see it in the future for a few more years since this is just my first year in college) i'd like to learn more about it. but keeping it private or passworded is probably for the best. I'm all for a thread.
Birgitta Noel Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 Palm application?! PALM APPLICATION!!!!! Where do I get it???? To avoid too many public details let's just say that being as conservative as we are isn't going to fly for much longer. A palm app would make charting a lot simpler!
thicke Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 (edited) [quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Mar 8 2004, 05:11 PM'] Palm application?! PALM APPLICATION!!!!! Where do I get it???? To avoid too many public details let's just say that being as conservative as we are isn't going to fly for much longer. A palm app would make charting a lot simpler! [/quote] [url="http://www.geocities.com/palmNFP/"]http://www.geocities.com/palmNFP/[/url] ENJOY! Edited March 8, 2004 by thicke
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 The same website has other software you can buy for your computer and a web-based fertility tracker. (They're even rated as good, bad, not so bad, and ugly. lol) [url="http://www.geocities.com/palmNFP/otherprograms.html#programs"]http://www.geocities.com/palmNFP/otherprograms.html#programs[/url]
homeschoolmom Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 [quote name='hopeful1' date='Mar 8 2004, 05:11 PM']sounds cool! I'd vote for it. I wish i could see it because even tho i'm not married ( nor see it in the future for a few more years since this is just my first year in college) i'd like to learn more about it. but keeping it private or passworded is probably for the best. I'm all for a thread.[/quote] To be honest, I don't think it should necessarily be open only to married people. I wish that I had been able to learn about NFP before I was married. I think it can be valuable to learn about even if it doesn't apply to the person right now. Maybe opening it to only those over 18? just my two bit opinion... but I'm in for the discussion either way.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now