marielapin Posted March 16, 2004 Posted March 16, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 16 2004, 12:04 AM'] I'm glad I'm not the only one! for a little while I was beginning to think that I was just a cold blooded freak. lol I usually go back to sleep after taking my temperature, too. At one point I thought of applying the "shift work" rule, since I'm up alot in the night with Adrienne and tend to sleep in, but I think its just as easy to have Matthew wake me and take it then. Of course I've only been charting for about 15 days, so its not like I'm an expert or anything. (Pre-baby we didn't feel it was necessary and left the first baby up to God to give us when He saw fit, now we're "planning" so that I can care for Adrienne adequately and hold off--if it be God's will--on conceiving again until after her first birthday.) [/quote] You ARE a cold blooded freak, Katie. I have had temperatures that low but only rarely. They usually sit around 97.2 during the fertile times. Then on my most fertile days my temperature will drop down to 97.0 to 96.8 or lower. In the four days past my fertile day my temperature gradually rises, with the first day being around 97.5 or 97.7, then up past 98.0 in most cases. If you are using my chart and need to change the temperature range on the side, I can either do that for you or tell you how to do it, its quite easy. That range was created specifically for me by me, since you see my median temps fit right in the center.
Brother Adam Posted March 16, 2004 Posted March 16, 2004 [color=red][font="Impact"]DUSTIN SIEBER!!!![/color][/font] You have 32 people interested. Now it's time to do something bud!
jessinoelw Posted March 16, 2004 Posted March 16, 2004 [quote name='lilac_angel' date='Mar 15 2004, 08:58 PM'] I've gotta start in the morning again though for accuracy. Does getting up an hour later compromise the accuracy much? [/quote] You should try to take it at the same time each morning. You can just set the alarm, temp, and go back to sleep. Waking up an hour later can affect accuracy. Our bodies follow a circadian rhythm. In the early morning hours your body temperature is at its lowest point. For each half hour beyond your normal waking time, the body temperature rises about 1/10 of 1 degree farenheit. Taking your temp an hour late could make it look like your temperature was beginning to shift when, in reality, it was simply due to late temperature taking. --Jessica
jessinoelw Posted March 16, 2004 Posted March 16, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 15 2004, 05:29 PM'] Does anyone else seem to have a lower temp? When I take mine its usually 96 something and I've had to alter the charts on my computer to accomodate it (they all start with 97.0). I always take my temp in the morning, sometimes I don't get up when Matt does and take my temp so I end up taking it a bit later. [/quote] Such low temperatures could be caused by a low-functioning thyroid. Do you use salt or kelp supplements? Iodized salt or kelp supplements are vital for a properly functioning thyroid. Another cause for low temps are sleeping with your mouth open or in a very cold environment. You might want to try temping by an "alternative route" and comparing the temp charts. --Jessica
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 16, 2004 Posted March 16, 2004 Thanks alot Lauren! Jessinoelw, I do use iodized salt and I take a daily multi-vitamin but not a kelp supplement. I'm pretty sure my thyroid is fine, I've never had any problems. Our room is a bit cooler, but before I take my temp I hold the thermometer to warm it up for a few seconds before taking my temp to make sure that its not a cold thermometer altering my temp. (I've even tried using different thermometers to make sure the one I'm using isn't off kilter.) Even with "alternate routes" my temp remains lower (about .8 higher than my oral temp). I guess you're right Lauren! lol I AM a cold blooded freak!
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 16, 2004 Posted March 16, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 16 2004, 12:13 PM'] [color=red][font="Impact"]DUSTIN SIEBER!!!![/color][/font] You have 32 people interested. Now it's time to do something bud! [/quote] Make that 33.
marielapin Posted March 17, 2004 Posted March 17, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Mar 17 2004, 04:39 PM'] dUSt... please? [/quote] otherwise we are just going to start talking about it full up! haha - it has kind of already started!
Jake Huether Posted March 17, 2004 Posted March 17, 2004 Yeah. Sheesh. If dUSt doesn't respond. Lets just start talking. [font="Courier"][color=red][b]Mucus. Mucus.. Mucus. Hahahah. Mucus. Temperature. Clumpy. Wet. Stretchy. Cloudy. Clear. Um... Thick Mucus.[/b][/color][/font] Okay. Whew. there. Now. Got that off my chest.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 17, 2004 Posted March 17, 2004 *gag* Did I ever tell you that the word "mucus" is one of those words that just kind of grosses me out? Its like "phlegm." Kind of makes it ironic that we're doing NFP and I have to deal with it on a daily basis.....
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 16 2004, 02:19 PM'] Make that 33. [/quote] Ahem..... now its [color=red][b]35[/b][/color]
mamalove Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 This is a great idea. Either I need some serious help with my NFP or God just has a sense of humor with my husband and I. Before we got married, we decided that we would just let God decide when our 1st child would come. Got pregnant on our wedding night. Five months after Pete was born, had a cycle, used NFP, got pregnant with Sam. Sam's four months old now. Just a few weeks ago, I had a miscarriage. My body simply wasn't ready for it. (two c-sections in 14 months can do that to you.) I'm accepting of the whole thing becuase I put it all in God's hands, but I don't want to go through this again. I need some NFP help!!
Jake Huether Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 [quote name='mamalove' date='Mar 17 2004, 08:47 PM'] This is a great idea. Either I need some serious help with my NFP or God just has a sense of humor with my husband and I. Before we got married, we decided that we would just let God decide when our 1st child would come. Got pregnant on our wedding night. Five months after Pete was born, had a cycle, used NFP, got pregnant with Sam. Sam's four months old now. Just a few weeks ago, I had a miscarriage. My body simply wasn't ready for it. (two c-sections in 14 months can do that to you.) I'm accepting of the whole thing becuase I put it all in God's hands, but I don't want to go through this again. I need some NFP help!! [/quote] Well, I'm sure you've come to the right place. What can we help you with?
marielapin Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 Mamalove, one thing to keep in mind with NFP is that in order for it to work properly, you need a few months of good charting to understand your cycle. I charted for six months before I got married, and had an excellent understanding of how it worked by the time it counted. In the NFP book : The Art of Natural Family Planning by Kippley, I believe they recommend you chart for three months solid at least before you really know how your cycle works - since everyone is different. This means that you and your husband and are going to have to be patient and hold off more on the marital act during this time. If you don't already have this book I highly recommend it. Just so you know my husband and I successfully used NFP for over a year to postpone pregnancy, and then used it for three months to successfully achieve pregnancy.
jessinoelw Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 17 2004, 04:34 PM'] Did I ever tell you that the word "mucus" is one of those words that just kind of grosses me out? Its like "phlegm." Kind of makes it ironic that we're doing NFP and I have to deal with it on a daily basis... [/quote] You could call it "cervical fluid" instead. That's the term Toni Weschler uses in "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" (secular NFP book). Men have "seminal fluid," women have "cervical fluid." --Jessica
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 Bump. You said it Carrie! Jessica, I could call it cervical fluid, but the thing is, no one else does! lol
Carrie Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 Do you think if we all PMed dUSt he might pay attention to this?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now