An Old School Catholic Message Board

Palin's Shopping Spree

BG45

Ash Wednesday

Ever since the Kennedy-Nixon televised debate, the way a politician looked suddenly mattered. It's easy now to get nit picky about things like this. But nowadays, looks matter, but so do matters regarding campaign finances, money and spending -- especially this year. It may seem like a silly thing to make an issue of, but that's politics. Everything you do is going to be heavily analyzed. It wouldn't sway my vote either way, but on a subconscious level, politicians have to be careful about things like this. Campaigns are going to have to toe a very fine line between looking sharp but coming across as fiscally responsible. Gucci may look good on the figure, but as a politician it can look bad on paper.

NOW!!!! what I REALLY want to know is:
What is this God-fearin' woman doing wearing shoes called Naughty Monkey? :unsure:

:hehe:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XWpj5rnRL._SL500__SS140_.jpg[/img]

In all fairness and honesty, I'd have a hard time turning this down, too. Yes, moar plz.

[quote name='FSM Sister' post='1686108' date='Oct 25 2008, 06:01 PM']1. She doesn't get to keep the clothes. They belong to the RNC, and the plan was always to donate them for a charitable auction.
2. She didn't get to pick where the shopping was done, or how much - any more than I get to pick the company that sews my habit. It's a German company that my order has always used, and I was floored by the price (never spent that much on my clothes before entering).
3. Greta Van Susteran called the place where she shops in Alaska to verify her claim that she shops at a consignment store. She was telling the truth.
4. When you are in a campaign, unless you are the top dog, you don't call the shots. Blaming her for the spending is like blaming McCain if the Straight Talk Express runs a red light.
5. You might not be able to tell the difference between Sears and Designer, but a lot of the wealthy donors can - and they are not going to donate their thousands to someone they perceive as being outside their social circle. McCain needs that campaign money. Sorry, but that's just how the world works. Otherwise, O'bama is just flat out buying this election.
6. This is just my opinion, but if it gets her into office, I don't care how much they spend on her clothes.

Dior jacket - $40,000
Pearl necklace - $3,950
Designer glasses - $450
Naughty Monkey shoes - $395
Ending abortion - PRICELESS

I'll be praying that rosary novena in hopes that McCain/Palin get elected. I voted today, and it felt great![/quote]
Very creative and Priceless! I'm with you fast and pray!

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1687131' date='Oct 26 2008, 11:50 PM'][img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XWpj5rnRL._SL500__SS140_.jpg[/img]

In all fairness and honesty, I'd have a hard time turning this down, too. Yes, moar plz.[/quote]
those shoes are great... I would also have a hard time returning them.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1685937' date='Oct 25 2008, 12:59 PM']too bad she doesn't sound classy as well... but you can't buy that.[/quote]

:idontknow: Eh, doesn't bother me. I'd rather have someone who sounds less classy but is sincere than a smooth talking creep like Obama. :pinch:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1686122' date='Oct 25 2008, 07:23 PM']150, 000$ ???? for a wardrobe? are you serious? if you wanted to drop that much money you might as well have done it right.

100,000 $ to roll up in a convertible dodge viper, then i am sure she could find some other way to spend the other 50 grand.

man, if i had 150 grand for appearances i would be so much more "ballin' " than Palin[/quote]

Palin didn't even go into the stores where the money was spent. The stuff was bought and brought to her. She didn't know how much was spent until this whole thing blew up in the media. I don't have a source for that off-hand, but I read it in a news article (which, coincidentally, wasn't a pro-Palin article to begin with) a couple days ago. If I find it again I'll link it.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1687125' date='Oct 27 2008, 12:40 AM']Ever since the Kennedy-Nixon televised debate, the way a politician looked suddenly mattered. It's easy now to get nit picky about things like this. But nowadays, looks matter, but so do matters regarding campaign finances, money and spending -- especially this year. It may seem like a silly thing to make an issue of, but that's politics. Everything you do is going to be heavily analyzed. It wouldn't sway my vote either way, but on a subconscious level, politicians have to be careful about things like this. Campaigns are going to have to toe a very fine line between looking sharp but coming across as fiscally responsible. Gucci may look good on the figure, but as a politician it can look bad on paper.

NOW!!!! what I REALLY want to know is:
What is this God-fearin' woman doing wearing shoes called Naughty Monkey? :unsure:

:hehe:[/quote]

"It may seem like a silly thing to make an issue of, but that's politics. Everything you do is going to be heavily analyzed."

This is true only if you are a Republican and the issue, no matter how trivial, can be used against you. Where is the blog about the way Obama flaunts his campaign funds? Was there a blog of this nature concerning Hillary's wardrobe of $6,000 pants suits?

Ash Wednesday

There was less noise made about Hillary because she didn't get to the point of having the nomination. And she's too frumpy looking for people to care, anyway.

[quote name='Ricky2' post='1687283' date='Oct 27 2008, 10:12 AM']"It may seem like a silly thing to make an issue of, but that's politics. Everything you do is going to be heavily analyzed."

This is true only if you are a Republican and the issue, no matter how trivial, can be used against you. Where is the blog about the way Obama flaunts his campaign funds? Was there a blog of this nature concerning Hillary's wardrobe of $6,000 pants suits?[/quote]

Of course, if you're a Democrat, nothing you do can be criticized. You're untouchable, even if you associate with bigots, terrorists, and murderers.

Ash Wednesday

I do think the media has made issues of things relating to Obama, I just don't think they do it as much. They do it to try to look "fair." They throw out a little bone or a token story, but that's about it. Yes, liberals can whine about Fox News being too conservative, but that's just one outlet compared to a whole string of them.

I find the U.S. press to be a lot more dishonest about their bias compared to other places. They claim to be "objective" but they really aren't. Campaign donations from members of the media very heavily favor the Democrats, and that is frightening. It's one thing for union workers to favor Democrats and farmers to favor Republicans. But Americans are supposed to be getting their information from these people.

[img]http://www.ibdeditorials.com/images/editimg/issues04072408.gif[/img]

[url="http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=301702713742569"]http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.a...301702713742569[/url]

In Europe, Obama walks on water and the press is heavily in favor of him, but as I've said before, they don't really make it much of a big secret, either.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1687357' date='Oct 27 2008, 03:26 PM']I do think the media has made issues of things relating to Obama, I just don't think they do it as much. They do it to try to look "fair." They throw out a little bone or a token story, but that's about it. Yes, liberals can whine about Fox News being too conservative, but that's just one outlet compared to a whole string of them.

I find the U.S. press to be a lot more dishonest about their bias compared to other places. They claim to be "objective" but they really aren't. Campaign donations from members of the media very heavily favor the Democrats, and that is frightening. It's one thing for union workers to favor Democrats and farmers to favor Republicans. But Americans are supposed to be getting their information from these people.

[img]http://www.ibdeditorials.com/images/editimg/issues04072408.gif[/img]

[url="http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=301702713742569"]http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.a...301702713742569[/url]

In Europe, Obama walks on water and the press is heavily in favor of him, but as I've said before, they don't really make it much of a big secret, either.[/quote]

Holy croutons... even "conservative biased" Fox gave money to the democrats and not a dime to republicans...

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1687363' date='Oct 27 2008, 03:00 PM']Holy croutons... even "conservative biased" Fox gave money to the democrats and not a dime to republicans...[/quote]

Maybe that was just Alan Colmes. :hehe:
Pretty mind-boggling isn't it? Almost every person I've ever known that was working in news or broadcasting is a Democrat. Granted that's not a lot of people that I speak of, but if it's any indication it goes to show those numbers don't lie.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1687279' date='Oct 27 2008, 10:59 AM']:idontknow: Eh, doesn't bother me. I'd rather have someone who sounds less classy but is sincere than a smooth talking creep like Obama. :pinch:[/quote]
touché... his words have caused me to hurl several times...

People are making a fuss over $150K for Palin's wardrobe that is going to be auctioned off for charity anyway, yet Obama is planning on spending $2 million on his outdoor election night celebration in Grant Park:

[url="http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/10/24/Obama_plans_election-night_Chicago_rally/UPI-22841224899250/"]http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/10/24/Oba...22841224899250/[/url]

Speck, meet beam.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1687345' date='Oct 27 2008, 12:08 PM']Of course, if you're a Democrat, nothing you do can be criticized. You're untouchable, even if you associate with bigots, terrorists, and murderers.[/quote]
Unless it's on Fox News, of course ;)