An Old School Catholic Message Board

Palin's Shopping Spree

BG45

princessgianna

[quote name='Justin86' post='1684244' date='Oct 23 2008, 06:22 AM']Oh come on, what woman wouldn't spend all that money on her hair and clothes if she could? She's a woman for crying out loud, she's expected dress nicely and spend heavily on these sorts of things.[/quote]
thank you ! If she went cheap with Sears she would be called trailer trash plus we girls just can't wear the same black pants with a white shirt and same all black shoes and only spend money on a couple of different ties to rotate like you guys can. Another point she is the only woman (biden,obama, mccain are all guys)
so who can we compare her to. If we could compare her to another woman in the race who was either president or vp things might be different but we only have one factor so we can't!

princessgianna

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1685930' date='Oct 25 2008, 10:45 AM']:rolling:

The thing that really gets me is people are acting like Palin took the RNC Mastercard and did this shopping spree all on her own. She's getting all the flack for a decision the RNC made. Why not point a couple fingers at the RNC for what might be a poor decision? Still... the woman looks classy, so they accomplished their goal.[/quote]

:lol:
she had the cutest red shoes when she debated Biden! They were so pretty!

[quote name='BG45' post='1683916' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:08 AM'][url="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14805.html"]Remember the big whining over John Edwards' $400 haircut paid for by money his campaign raised? Palin has outdone that with the RNC dollars.[/url]

More in the article, like how after the legal questions were raised, suddenly all the clothing will go to a charitable cause after the campaign is over. Because we all know your local Goodwill has stuff from Saks Fifth Avenue.[/quote]

Not sure if anyone has point out a few facts, but I don't have time to read all of the replies....

[list]
[*]She doesn't own the clothes
[*]The clothes will go to charity
[*]She is the only one of the candidates that is not a millionaire
[*]A $400 haircut is far from $150k wardrobe for an entire family who is going to be in the spotlight at least until the election.
[*]She has given more to charity the past year than Biden has given in nine years... heck, I've given more to charity in the last two years than Biden has given in nine years and I'm far from a millionaire like Biden
[/list]

Do you not realize that the media and Obambies are grasping at straws? That's all they got! Obama and Biden can't get on the same page with the level of how much money is too much before you get taxed!

Down with the mainstream media!

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1688376' date='Oct 28 2008, 10:42 PM']:lol:
she had the cutest red shoes when she debated Biden! They were so pretty![/quote]
i love red shoes!

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1689232' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:35 PM'][url="http://www.dresslikepalin.com/"]Neiman Marxist[/url][/quote]

More lame jabs at Palin for something [i]she[/i] didn't even do? :rolleyes:

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1689235' date='Oct 30 2008, 10:41 AM']More lame jabs at Palin for something [i]she[/i] didn't even do? :rolleyes:[/quote]
If the shoe fits, [i]ahem[/i], wear it. :saint:

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1689237' date='Oct 30 2008, 10:43 AM']If the shoe fits, [i]ahem[/i], wear it. :saint:[/quote]
they were such hot shoes!

Lots of Q's ...

WHO bought the clothes? Palin and/or consultants?

WHY did they spend so much, knowing that the expenditures would be in the public sector--available to public scrutiny?

Does she keep them if she loses? If she wins?

The RNC, who apparently bought the clothes, is funded by donations, not the public. The RNC has to answer to its donors.

Given that she needed duds which would stand up to public scrutiny and the campaign, there does appear to be no regard to cost.

[quote name='jkaands' post='1689330' date='Oct 30 2008, 02:03 PM']Lots of Q's ...

WHO bought the clothes? Palin and/or consultants?

WHY did they spend so much, knowing that the expenditures would be in the public sector--available to public scrutiny?

Does she keep them if she loses? If she wins?

The RNC, who apparently bought the clothes, is funded by donations, not the public. The RNC has to answer to its donors.

Given that she needed duds which would stand up to public scrutiny and the campaign, there does appear to be no regard to cost.[/quote]My biggest questions: does she wear my size? when and where will she donate them? can I have dibs on the red shoes?

princessgianna

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1689458' date='Oct 30 2008, 06:46 PM']My biggest questions: does she wear my size? when and where will she donate them? can I have dibs on the red shoes?[/quote]
no! I call dibs on the red shoes! :P

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1689692' date='Oct 30 2008, 11:45 PM']no! I call dibs on the red shoes! :P[/quote]
I'm pulling out my Hurricane Ike card. The shoes are mine! :boxer:

princessgianna

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1689793' date='Oct 31 2008, 07:47 AM']I'm pulling out my Hurricane Ike card. The shoes are mine! :boxer:[/quote]

fine take them- i call her black outfit that is just to classy!

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1691042' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:38 PM']fine take them- i call her black outfit that is just to classy![/quote]
Deal - the black outfit was drop-dead gorgeous... but it probably wouldn't fit me.