An Old School Catholic Message Board

Menstruation Is Pointless.

Ash Wednesday

Marie-Therese

Ora, you know that can get you killed. LOL

Mine is a horror story. I am supposed to have a hysterectomy sometime later this year. I was supposed to have it done last year but have kept putting it off. :( I have a condition that is basically causing my uterus to disintegrate. At least I have my one glorious girl, but knowing that I can never again have children is sad. I always dreamed of having a little boy.

However, the thought of never again having to deal with periods is a definite plus to the situation. I try to keep it positive. :yes:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1251478914' post='1957247']

Mine is a horror story. I am supposed to have a hysterectomy sometime later this year. I was supposed to have it done last year but have kept putting it off. :( I have a condition that is basically causing my uterus to disintegrate. At least I have my one glorious girl, but knowing that I can never again have children is sad. I always dreamed of having a little boy.

However, the thought of never again having to deal with periods is a definite plus to the situation. I try to keep it positive. :yes:
[/quote]
Aw, sorry to hear that! But if it's necessary, it's necessary.

[quote name='OraProMe' date='28 August 2009 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1251472685' post='1957168']
Offer it up, ladies.

*hides*
[/quote]
until you experience one, keep your trap shut.

[quote name='rachael' date='28 August 2009 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1251488418' post='1957371']
[/quote]
Is it like stubbing your toe? Because I've done that before.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1251478914' post='1957247']

[/quote]

:(

[quote name='rachael' date='28 August 2009 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1251488418' post='1957371']
[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='Era Might' date='28 August 2009 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1251489942' post='1957381']
[/quote]

It's like half a teacup of your body slowly wrangles itself outwards. Basically.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Era Might' date='28 August 2009 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1251489942' post='1957381']
[/quote]

To have a genuinely female-empathetic experience:

Step 1. Drink water until the entirety of your body is swollen and tender. Then drink more to ensure frequent trips to the toilet.
Step 2. Hit yourself in the small of the back with a sledgehammer. This will serve a dual purpose: first, it will make you experience the sensation of low back pain related to cramps, and second, it will make you hella irritable.
Step 3. Beginning just above the navel, cut yourself open with a rusty, dull blade. This will maximize discomfort. Take all intestines out, knot them in a giant wad, and then drape them up over your head. Now you have the weird hot flashes, probable headache, and terrible abdominal pain.
Step 4. Maximize blood loss by leaving the wound open.

Congratulations. Now do it again next month, for the next 30-40 years of your life. Only disruption to the cycle is to take 9 months off in order to swell to the size of an elephant and then pass something the size of a watermelon through an opening the size of a walnut.

missionseeker

I was thinking about this thread recently. :mellow:

I was trying to figure out if PMS is more pointless, though. :lol:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1251494290' post='1957404']

Step 1. Drink water until the entirety of your body is swollen and tender. Then drink more to ensure frequent trips to the toilet.
Step 2. Hit yourself in the small of the back with a sledgehammer. This will serve a dual purpose: first, it will make you experience the sensation of low back pain related to cramps, and second, it will make you hella irritable.
Step 3. Beginning just above the navel, cut yourself open with a rusty, dull blade. This will maximize discomfort. Take all intestines out, knot them in a giant wad, and then drape them up over your head. Now you have the weird hot flashes, probable headache, and terrible abdominal pain.

Congratulations. Now do it again next month, for the next 30-40 years of your life. Only disruption to the cycle is to take 9 months off in order to swell to the size of an elephant and then pass something the size of a watermelon through an opening the size of a walnut.
[/quote]
you're my new favorite

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1251494290' post='1957404']

[/quote]

Wow, I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants....oh wait. :sweat:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1251494290' post='1957404']

[/quote]

Spot. ON.

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1251494290' post='1957404']

[/quote]
:rolleyes:

like the blade needs to be rusty...TOTAL EMBELLISHMENT

you chicks exaggerate so much.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='rachael' date='28 August 2009 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1251494828' post='1957410']
you're my new favorite
[/quote]

:D I live to serve.

[quote name='CrossCuT' date='28 August 2009 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1251496555' post='1957422']
Wow, I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants....oh wait. :sweat:
[/quote]

I can't laugh anymore, or I WILL pee my pants. That's the other downside of childbirth no one tells you. :rolling:

[quote name='Selah' date='28 August 2009 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1251499994' post='1957463']
Spot. ON.
[/quote]

Thank you. :yes:

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='28 August 2009 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1251501853' post='1957484']
:rolleyes:

like the blade needs to be rusty...TOTAL EMBELLISHMENT

you chicks exaggerate so much.
[/quote]

:P

[quote name='rachael' date='28 August 2009 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1251494828' post='1957410']
MIKolbe's my favorite
[/quote]
well, duh!