An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

Saint Therese

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1733231' date='Dec 21 2008, 05:35 PM']Where the Red Fern Grows... I hated that book. It's probably the only book I can say that I truly hated that I read cover to cover. Normally if I dislike a book that badly I won't finish it (and I hate not finishing books).[/quote]

I remember that book, we were forced to read it in grade 6. We also watched the movie which was even worse.

[quote]I remember that book, we were forced to read it in grade 6. We also watched the movie which was even worse.[/quote]

Never got that chance...good to know I was spared :P

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1733231' date='Dec 21 2008, 02:35 PM']Where the Red Fern Grows... I hated that book. It's probably the only book I can say that I truly hated that I read cover to cover. Normally if I dislike a book that badly I won't finish it (and I hate not finishing books).[/quote]

I loathe that book, almost as much as A Tale of Two Cities...

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1733809' date='Dec 22 2008, 12:09 PM']I loathe that book, almost as much as A Tale of Two Cities...[/quote]

Good to know I'm not the only one. (Sorry HSMom...)

Great Expectations. I thought i was really going to like it, but it was a real letdown.

(not really. I never even read it.)

Edited by scardella

Archaeology cat

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1733425' date='Dec 22 2008, 01:13 AM']mein kampf by adolf hitler[/quote]
Yeah, I was going to say my text book for my class on the history of the Great Depression, but yeah, Mein Kampf is definitely worse.

Others on the list: Kafka's [i]Metamorphosis[/i], [i]Grapes of Wrath[/i], anything by Hemingway (though maybe I just don't like him because I didn't like my teacher that year; same could be true about [i]The Grapes of Wrath[/i]).

[quote name='Paddington' post='1733948' date='Dec 22 2008, 01:02 PM']I read Truly Tasteless Jokes when I was bout 11-12. A few volumes.

:thumbdown:[/quote]

You were probably too old for those jokes then...

fearundercontrol

There's three but I can't remember the name of one of them. The ones I can remember are Lord of the Flies and Catcher in the Rye. Hated them both.

[quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1734056' date='Dec 22 2008, 04:13 PM']There's three but I can't remember the name of one of them. The ones I can remember are Lord of the Flies and Catcher in the Rye. Hated them both.[/quote]

How could you hate Catcher in the Rye? It's one of my favorites.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1734073' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:49 PM']How could you hate Catcher in the Rye? It's one of my favorites.[/quote]
only us crazy people enjoy the books about other crazy people :unsure: