An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

Saint Therese

Hardest to understand: "Jesus the Christ" by Walter Kasper. Maybe it would have been easier to understand if I could have read it in the original German. It drove me nuts last semester.

Creepiest: was this book I forget the name of about a serial killer. He finally got caught by the husband of a woman and daughter he killed. What the guy did to the killer was really sickening. I was most upset that I felt he deserved it totally, so I didn't like the graphic depictions, and I didn't like the way it made me feel either.

I had to read a variety of plays this semester by some very...disturbed individuals. Seriously, can no one make a point without having everyone doing everything conceivable (and many inconceivable things) to each other? Blargh! (I miss George Bernard Shaw right now...)

Excelsior1027

[i]The Joy Luck Club.[/i] Call me ignorant, but I thought it was stupid. :mellow:

But then again, I didn't really like [i]The Great Gatsby,[/i] either. :idontknow:

Edited by Excelsior1027

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1732989' date='Dec 21 2008, 01:20 AM'][i]The Joy Luck Club.[/i] Call me ignorant, but I thought it was stupid. :mellow:

But then again, I didn't really like [i]The Great Gatsby,[/i] either. :idontknow:[/quote]

I didn't care for [i]The Joy Luck Club[/i] either. But I did enjoy [i]The Great Gatsby[/i].

A Wrinkle in Time was the worst book I ever read, it was terrible, it made me want to die. A Tale of two Cities was pretty bad aswell, Charles Dickens writes paragraphs that are all on sentence.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1733157' date='Dec 21 2008, 02:10 PM']A Wrinkle in Time was the worst book I ever read, it was terrible, it made me want to die. A Tale of two Cities was pretty bad aswell, Charles Dickens writes paragraphs that are all on sentence.[/quote]

So does St. Paul. ;)

I appreciate Dickens' ability to write, but I can only read him sparingly.

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1733157' date='Dec 21 2008, 02:10 PM']A Tale of two Cities was pretty bad aswell, Charles Dickens writes paragraphs that are all on sentence.[/quote]

That's what happens when you're paid by the word :)

IcePrincessKRS

Where the Red Fern Grows... I hated that book. It's probably the only book I can say that I truly hated that I read cover to cover. Normally if I dislike a book that badly I won't finish it (and I hate not finishing books).

"Introduction to the Qur'an" by M.A. Draz
"A World Lit Only by Fire" by nfjnrjnfwnf Iforgettheirname fjrns;
"As I Lay Dying" Faulkner
"Leaves of Grass" Walt Whitman

A Separate Peace...worst book I've ever read hands down.

Most disturbing...hmm...I've read some pretty disturbing stuff, so I'm not sure.