Apotheoun Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 Christians should not worship or pray with heretics and pagans, but we should pray for them.
Hassan Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1771658' date='Feb 4 2009, 12:33 AM']Hassan, You constantly make excuses for Muslim aggression. Islam was spread across North Africa, throughout the Middle East, and into Asia Minor and the Balkans by the sword, and it is intellectually dishonest to deny that fact. God grant you many years, Todd[/quote] That has nothing to do with any point I have tried to make on this thread.
Apotheoun Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1771670' date='Feb 3 2009, 09:46 PM']That has nothing to do with any point I have tried to make on this thread.[/quote] You haven't made any points in the thread yet. The topic of this thread is whether or not Christians can pray with heretics and pagans (i.e., non-Christians), and the answer given by the God-inspired Fathers and the ancient councils (local and ecumenical) is that they cannot.
Hassan Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1771673' date='Feb 4 2009, 12:49 AM']You haven't made any points in the thread yet. The topic of this thread is whether or not Christians can pray with heretics and pagans (i.e., non-Christians), and the answer given by the God-inspired Fathers and the ancient councils (local and ecumenical) is that they cannot.[/quote] You claimed that Roman Catholics would understand the Orthodox position when an ulema proclaimed a Cathedral a Mosque. I found this attitude quixotic to hypocritical for the reasons I stated (my point).
Apotheoun Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1771681' date='Feb 3 2009, 09:55 PM']You claimed that Roman Catholics would understand the Orthodox position when an ulema proclaimed a Cathedral a Mosque. I found this attitude quixotic to hypocritical for the reasons I stated (my point).[/quote] That is because you are unconcerned about the persecution that Eastern Christians have suffered under Islamic rule. You sir are the hypocrite.
Apotheoun Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 Nevertheless, as I pointed out a few posts ago: The topic of this thread is whether or not Christians can pray with heretics and pagans (i.e., non-Christians), and the answer given by the God-inspired Fathers and the ancient councils (local and ecumenical) is that they cannot.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now