Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Feminism Fails Women


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1775052' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:44 PM']Proverbs 31 clearly describes a good wife as hard working, resourceful, strong, etc., but the word independent does not appear in the text. Independence is a modern "virtue."[/quote]

That's correct of course.....I was interpreting with a bit of a modern eye....but you are right - she was far more "inter-dependent"...which as I said myself is the better of the two concepts.

I stand corrected.

Pax

Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1775051' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:43 PM']Hassan is hardly typical.[/quote]


I don't know what that means :unsure:

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='picchick' post='1775017' date='Feb 7 2009, 01:26 PM']I am strong. I am independent. I am caring. I am friendly. I am feminine. I am a woman. These are my qualities. Everyone is different. Even men are different in their own gender.[/quote]

This pretty much sums it up.

Posted

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1775055' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:45 PM']If you were working at it you wouldn't be wondering to me where your sandwhich is. This kind of male chauvinism is so going to be presented at the trial.[/quote]


We should probably take this to the lameboard

before the man comes to put us down <_<

:topsy:

Posted

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1775055' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:45 PM']If you were working at it you wouldn't be wondering to me where your sandwhich is. This kind of male chauvinism is so going to be presented at the trial.[/quote]


OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAY I BE THE JUDGE????? PROSECUTING ATTORNEY??? HEAD JUROR??? :lol_roll:

HisChildForever
Posted

If this board turns lame I will no longer be posting.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1775064' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:48 PM']If this board turns lame I will no longer be posting.[/quote]


No, we'll get it back on track :)

TotusTuusMaria
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1775056' date='Feb 7 2009, 03:45 PM']I believe you can be both at the same time and that it is not as difficult as you say it is. Yes, I read your post. And I stand by what I said.[/quote]

Then....


whatever, HCF.

Posted

[quote name='osapientia' post='1775057' date='Feb 7 2009, 11:46 AM']That's correct of course.....I was interpreting with a bit of a modern eye....but you are right - she was far more "inter-dependent"...which as I said myself is the better of the two concepts.

I stand corrected.

Pax[/quote]
No problem. I posted my comment only because I believe it is important for Catholics (and Christians in general) to think in a theologically holistic fashion. The doctrine of the incarnation permeates all of Catholic tradition, and of course the Mystery of Crowning (i.e., marriage) is no exception, for it is an icon of the union between Christ and the Church, and the Church would never be described as "independent" of Christ, who is her head.

TotusTuusMaria
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1775060' date='Feb 7 2009, 03:47 PM']We should probably take this to the lameboard

before the man comes to put us down <_<

:topsy:[/quote]

:lol:

If we put a little effort into it I think we can make it there.

Posted

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1775069' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:52 PM']:lol:

If we put a little effort into it I think we can make it there.[/quote]

:D

It's hardly difficult :saint:

here is where all the non sense from this thread can go I guess

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=90398"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=90398[/url]

HisChildForever
Posted

(Sorry for multiple posts in a row.)

I would like to point something out - if we are saying that a woman can be both feminine and independent, [i]just not at the same time[/i], then can we also say that a man can be both masculine and sensitive, [i]just not at the same time[/i]? Furthermore, since when we "feminine" and "masculine" characteristics? I thought that a woman is feminine at her core, just as a man is masculine at his, and that nothing can change this.

I also want to continue to say (as I voiced earlier) that I just really despise "oh that is a female characteristic" and "oh that is a male characteristic." This is precisely why more adolescent males than females commit suicide. Sound extreme? Society tells our boys that crying and seeking help for emotional conflict [inner or outer] is "girly" and "weak." They keep their emotions inward (except anger, which disturbingly enough, they are [b]allowed[/b] to express) which leads to depression and in many cases, suicide.

TotusTuusMaria
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1775074' date='Feb 7 2009, 03:55 PM'](Sorry for multiple posts in a row.)

I would like to point something out - if we are saying that a woman can be both feminine and independent, [i]just not at the same time[/i], then can we also say that a man can be both masculine and sensitive, [i]just not at the same time[/i]?[/quote]

Well, I never said that, but of course... you wouldn't know that...

:rolleyes:

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1775064' date='Feb 7 2009, 11:48 AM']If this board turns lame I will no longer be posting.[/quote]
One of the moderators can always remove the lame posts from the thread.

Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1775068' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:51 PM']No problem. I posted my comment only because I believe it is important for Catholics (and Christians in general) to think in a theologically holistic fashion. The doctrine of the incarnation permeates all of Catholic tradition, and of course the Mystery of Crowning (i.e., marriage) is no exception, for it is an icon of the union between Christ and the Church, and the Church would never be described as "independent" of Christ, who is her head.[/quote]


How lovely - what a wonderful way to explain it. Thank you. Amen Amen.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1775077' date='Feb 7 2009, 01:58 PM']Well, I never said that, but of course... you wouldn't know that...

:rolleyes:[/quote]

I really do not appreciate the attitude. I was asking if you believe X, then would this also hold true for Y. Forgive me for trying to continue discussion.

TotusTuusMaria
Posted

[quote name='osapientia' post='1775085' date='Feb 7 2009, 04:04 PM']How lovely - what a wonderful way to explain it. Thank you. Amen Amen.[/quote]

Go to the sandwhich and marriage thread. You can be the legal whatever. I just need out of this relationship. He is driving me crazy.

TotusTuusMaria
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1775087' date='Feb 7 2009, 04:05 PM']I really do not appreciate the attitude. I was asking if you believe X, then would this also hold true for Y. Forgive me for trying to continue discussion.[/quote]

You never asked me if I believed anything. You said I did. Then you criticized me and compared me to anti-whatevers who think women shouldn't work and so on. Then (and I give you this) you said "if this offends you I am sorry" Then when I told you to calm down and re-read the post you said, "I did, and I stand by what I said."

It was all very hurtful toward me. Shame on you. :sadder: tsk tsk

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1775098' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:15 PM']You never asked me if I believed anything. You said I did.[/quote]

Where? Because I just reread the post I made and nowhere did I state "You believe..." (Other than where I said it sounded like you were [b]implying[/b], which I address below.)

[quote]Then you criticized me and compared me to anti-whatevers who think women shouldn't work and so on.[/quote]

I said it was [b]a side note[/b]. I never made such a comparison. I also said that you were [b]implying[/b] "that the only way for a woman to be truly feminine is if she is married." That certainly does not mean that you believe a woman should not work. I never said that. (And do recall I also said [i]forgive me if I am mistaken[/i].)

[quote]Then (and I give you this) you said "if this offends you I am sorry" Then when I told you to calm down and re-read the post you said, "I did, and I stand by what I said." It was all very hurtful toward me. Shame on you. :sadder: tsk tsk[/quote]

I [b]am[/b] sorry if I offended you, but I was being honest and I never apologize for honesty.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...