Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Feminism Fails Women


Recommended Posts

HisChildForever
Posted

Don't hate me. :sadder:

Posted

Thank God the argument about the argument is behind us.

Posted

[quote][/quote][quote name='Hassan' post='1775047' date='Feb 7 2009, 01:41 PM']
Why am I sitting here without a sandwich?
Shouldn't one you women be doing something to correct that :mellow:
Please don't hurt me :ohno:[/quote]

I was making a thread reference joke. hahaha
[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1775064' date='Feb 7 2009, 01:48 PM']If this board turns lame I will no longer be posting.[/quote]
I disagree with topics becoming lame. I feel like I cannot be "me" in serious threads. I am serious when I need to be but I also make jokes during the serious things. I either can't make a joke and stick strictly to the topic or stay out completely.


[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1775074' date='Feb 7 2009, 01:55 PM'](Sorry for multiple posts in a row.)

I would like to point something out - if we are saying that a woman can be both feminine and independent, [i]just not at the same time[/i], then can we also say that a man can be both masculine and sensitive, [i]just not at the same time[/i]? Furthermore, since when we "feminine" and "masculine" characteristics? I thought that a woman is feminine at her core, just as a man is masculine at his, and that nothing can change this.

I also want to continue to say (as I voiced earlier) that I just really despise "oh that is a female characteristic" and "oh that is a male characteristic." This is precisely why more adolescent males than females commit suicide. Sound extreme? Society tells our boys that crying and seeking help for emotional conflict [inner or outer] is "girly" and "weak." They keep their emotions inward (except anger, which disturbingly enough, they are [b]allowed[/b] to express) which leads to depression and in many cases, suicide.[/quote]

There is a time and place to bring forth our greatest qualities. I listed some of my traits earilier. Those are not all of them but I was illustrating a point. I am a whole being. All those traits exist in me at the same time. However, you bring forth the ones you need at the time you need them. All humans have a sensitive side to them. Even criminals have a sensitive side to them. They may exhibit it in a different way but they sympathize with others.

What you are expressing are societial views of the genders and their role specific traits. These have been ingrained in us since the beginning of time. However, my father is one of the strongest men on the face of this planet. He fights for our family. He exhibits all the traits that a "manly man" would have. He, according to society, is the model for men. However, he cries. He shows love. He held each one of his children in his arms with such tender care. So unmanly right? No, it is just the fact that he set aside his stronger character traits to let the others show through.

Time and place.

[quote]Furthermore, since when we "feminine" and "masculine" characteristics? I thought that a woman is feminine at her core, just as a man is masculine at his, and that nothing can change this.[/quote]

YES! That is why I used quotes around them. It seemed that people are assigning traits to those words. I can understand a societial assignment of A GROUP OF TRAITS but they are not necessarily traits in and of themselves.

I also want to say that this really has nothing to do with marriage. I saw that marriage was mentioned a couple of times in this thread. I have my own view on marriage and the roles within it. I will not bring that up here. However, a man's and a woman's character traits must compliment each other. Or they must learn to subdue their own traits at the right TIME AND PLACE.

Meg

HisChildForever
Posted

I love your posts, Meg. :) What I meant about topics turning lame is really about topics getting off-topic in a silly way (as plenty of topics do get off-topic but the discussion stays serious). A couple of jokes thrown around in a serious thread is fine by me, it's those few yet consistent nonsense posts that I find tiresome.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1775167' date='Feb 7 2009, 04:12 PM']I love your posts, Meg. :) What I meant about topics turning lame is really about topics getting off-topic in a silly way (as plenty of topics do get off-topic but the discussion stays serious). A couple of jokes thrown around in a serious thread is fine by me, it's those few yet consistent nonsense posts that I find tiresome.[/quote]


Nonsense?

Like this

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=90398&st=20&start=20"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...20&start=20[/url]


?

:mellow:

TotusTuusMaria
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1775400' date='Feb 7 2009, 10:16 PM']Nonsense?

Like this

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=90398&st=20&start=20"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...20&start=20[/url]


?

:mellow:[/quote]

Our marriage is falling apart and they are calling it nonsense. :rolleyes:



:lol_roll:

Posted

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1775406' date='Feb 7 2009, 09:19 PM']Our marriage is falling apart and they are calling it nonsense. :rolleyes:



:lol_roll:[/quote]


It's really very sad that they ignore the problem. I mean we give, and give, and give and then when we're in a rut they don't even try to help.

What a bunch of ingrates :annoyed:


:topsy:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...