An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wild Party Alternatives

tinytherese

So at my college we live in suites. I live in one with nine other girls. This semester a lot of the girls have been going out and most have them have gotten drunk at some party. Once they went to one at another school that is known for its wild parties and other times (including tonight) they've gone to parties at other people's houses. All of them are under 21 and let's just say that the guys at those parties are not honorable. One of them gets very "touchy-feely" if you know what I mean and from what one of the girls told me one of them got his you know what out and unzipped her pants. She had might have been drinking by that time or she might have been in too much shock to do anything about it and thankfully one of the other girls rescued her from him. I've been invited by my suitemates to go to these parties before and have refused. This tends to happen on friday and saturday nights and some are hungover the next day.

Now if there were some alternatives to these wild parties then they might not want to go to them. Unfortunately, the school is located in a small town that has hardly anything to do. Our "mall" is Walmart and the movie theatre only plays a few movies compared to a regular one. There's a bowling alley but most of my suite thinks that it's lame to bowl. I've thought of having friday and saturday nights be movie nights in the suite (as long as the films are appropriate.) Does anyone have any other ideas to entertain my suitemates so as to keep them out of harm?

We used to play full contact volleyball. That's where you can go under the net and tackle before they volley the ball back. That's actually more fun drunk, so maybe not a good example.

Costume parties are fun. We had a big party for the MASH finale. Everyone came in army fatigues or scrubs. We decorated with inflated surgical gloves. S'mores nights are fun. You probably can't do a bonfire, but you can melt a marshmallow over a big candle. Spa nights where everyone does each other's nails and things.

You are right to be concerned about activity when intoxicated. Anyone that deals with problem pregnancies or HIV infections in young adults will tell you that both drastically increase with the amount of alcohol consumed.

Lazer tag parties work well at my school. My school is so small it's preety easy to find people to hang out with that are not into the whole party scene.

I would also try and recommend doing other types of fun stuff so that way you and your friends have a variety of options to occupy yourselves with so that way it can reduce the drinking.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RemnantRules' post='1791379' date='Feb 25 2009, 01:46 PM']a friend of mine did a ROOT beer kegger and Rock Band. That was a fun night.[/quote]

we have those at my church sometimes :))

I would recommend baking. Most colleges have kitchen you can rent out and who doesn't enjoy some cookie dough every now and then?