An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wild Party Alternatives

tinytherese

• 4 weeks later...
txdinghysailor

[quote name='pat22' post='1829535' date='Apr 9 2009, 12:23 AM']or you could play video games all night until your brain turns to putty and your eyeballs fall out. :eek:[/quote]

mucho funno. :)

• 2 weeks later...
AdAltareDei

Parties are okay, you kind of get sick of being hungover all the time. Aswell as seeing the same sleazy people.
I really enjoy sitting at home with a few friends, some video games (movies too) and a pizza. Maybe your friends will too?

Even a few drinks if its in moderation.

[quote name='dauntingknight' post='1846176' date='Apr 24 2009, 03:24 PM']Have you ever considered a poker night? :smokey:[/quote]
lol.

[quote name='rachael' post='1845846' date='Apr 24 2009, 08:08 AM']man...i haven't been to a 'wild party' in so long. :mellow:[/quote]

i have never been to a "wild party".

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1846367' date='Apr 24 2009, 06:46 PM']Puh-puh-puh poker face puh puh poker face![/quote]
i get free drinks at the local club's poker nights. i know people. :evil:

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1846389' date='Apr 24 2009, 07:17 PM']i have never been to a "wild party".[/quote]
meh. it's only fun once or twice....then it gets old pretty quick.

tinytherese

Fortunately, most of them are not into partying anymore. The ones that do tend to be doing this as a way to deal with the pain in their lives and are not satisfied to just be around the same people around campus not to mention that they miss interacting with guys- since my school is a women's college.

One of them has a lot of problems and even had to stay in the hospital because she snuck out and had so much to drink that it was really serious. She was also there for her depression. She either doesn't eat a meal or does eat but then throws it up when she thinks that no one is looking. I also found out not that long ago that she has been cutting herself for quite some time. Her mom died a short time ago and she's experienced other disappointments as well this past year. She had a friend apart from our suite that she would do crazy stuff with and she seemed to influence her for the worst. This friend of hers got expelled from school. When this suitemate of ours was in the hospital we tried contacting her but she refused to talk to us, but only would talk to her friend that had badly influenced her. It really hurt when she did that. We're the ones that cared about her and the one who was partially to blame for this and was encouraging her in her behavior was talking to her and we couldn't. The two of them have a sick fascination with discussing how cool suicide is.

• 2 weeks later...

i went to two wild parties last week.

i went to the bar in the middle of one and ran into one of my professors and his wife there. :unsure: