An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wild Party Alternatives

tinytherese

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1775519' date='Feb 8 2009, 01:41 AM']Our "mall" is Walmart and the movie theatre only plays a few movies compared to a regular one.[/quote]
this town of yours sounds very familiar. i used to live at a town like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Full contact hopscotch usually works at school, when we can't find anything else to do... :saint:

But then again, another great way to waste time is sword fighting :duel:

heavenseeker

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1775519' date='Feb 8 2009, 12:41 AM']So at my college we live in suites. I live in one with nine other girls. This semester a lot of the girls have been going out and most have them have gotten drunk at some party. Once they went to one at another school that is known for its wild parties and other times (including tonight) they've gone to parties at other people's houses. All of them are under 21 and let's just say that the guys at those parties are not honorable. One of them gets very "touchy-feely" if you know what I mean and from what one of the girls told me one of them got his you know what out and unzipped her pants. She had might have been drinking by that time or she might have been in too much shock to do anything about it and thankfully one of the other girls rescued her from him. I've been invited by my suitemates to go to these parties before and have refused. This tends to happen on friday and saturday nights and some are hungover the next day.

Now if there were some alternatives to these wild parties then they might not want to go to them. Unfortunately, the school is located in a small town that has hardly anything to do. Our "mall" is Walmart and the movie theatre only plays a few movies compared to a regular one. There's a bowling alley but most of my suite thinks that it's lame to bowl. I've thought of having friday and saturday nights be movie nights in the suite (as long as the films are appropriate.) Does anyone have any other ideas to entertain my suitemates so as to keep them out of harm?[/quote]
town wise it sounds like atchison, and dorm wise sounds like McDonald hall

tinytherese

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1887757' date='Jun 10 2009, 12:49 PM']town wise it sounds like atchison, and dorm wise sounds like McDonald hall[/quote]

Hopefully, BC has more social activities going on then my campus did.

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1775519' date='Feb 8 2009, 12:41 AM']So at my college we live in suites. I live in one with nine other girls. This semester a lot of the girls have been going out and most have them have gotten drunk at some party. Once they went to one at another school that is known for its wild parties and other times (including tonight) they've gone to parties at other people's houses. All of them are under 21 and let's just say that the guys at those parties are not honorable. One of them gets very "touchy-feely" if you know what I mean and from what one of the girls told me one of them got his you know what out and unzipped her pants. She had might have been drinking by that time or she might have been in too much shock to do anything about it and thankfully one of the other girls rescued her from him. I've been invited by my suitemates to go to these parties before and have refused. This tends to happen on friday and saturday nights and some are hungover the next day.

Now if there were some alternatives to these wild parties then they might not want to go to them. Unfortunately, the school is located in a small town that has hardly anything to do. Our "mall" is Walmart and the movie theatre only plays a few movies compared to a regular one. There's a bowling alley but most of my suite thinks that it's lame to bowl. I've thought of having friday and saturday nights be movie nights in the suite (as long as the films are appropriate.) Does anyone have any other ideas to entertain my suitemates so as to keep them out of harm?[/quote]I understand you're worried and your friends probably appreciate your concearn but they might get a bit irritated if you try and stop them

You stopping them going to parties is like them making you stay in and watch documetaries about Burzum instead of going to mass. Plus, wild parties are cool :lol_roll:

(Something's happened to my edit button)

Edited by Varg

Hunting. When the buzz isn't enough to ease your nerves, why not kill things?
Once you dismember the animal, you can cook it extremely rare so you can still taste the blood.

:)

[quote name='musturde' post='1887843' date='Jun 10 2009, 02:23 PM']Hunting. When the buzz isn't enough to ease your nerves, why not kill things?
Once you dismember the animal, you can cook it extremely rare so you can still taste the blood.

:)[/quote]Yummy :)

heavenseeker

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1887767' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:12 PM']Hopefully, BC has more social activities going on then my campus did.[/quote]
yeah, each dorm host an alcohol free/alternative activity during the year and then you have the FOCUS and SGA sponsored things too. granted there are events with alcohol but they are monitored by administration.

I got it!!!! blow up an abortion clinic! thats always great fun! course I've only done it a few times, ask someone else for pointers on setting the timer.

Pat, unless I wanted to be placed on B.O.'s potential terrorist list, I wouldn't say anything stupid like that if I were you.

Edited by Resurrexi

Nihil Obstat

I'm just waiting for a letter from the Alberta Human Rights Commission telling me to stand trial for hatespeech... <_< Just by being on this website.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1893725' date='Jun 16 2009, 08:40 PM']Pat, unless I wanted to be placed on B.O.'s potential terrorist list, I wouldn't say anything stupid like that if I were you.[/quote]
I don't give a **** about what ob thinks. and please don't capatilize his name. you give people the idea its possible to like him. no offence

[quote name='pat22' post='1894898' date='Jun 18 2009, 12:07 AM']I don't give a **** about what ob thinks. and please don't capatilize his name. you give people the idea its possible to like him. no offence[/quote]

"The duty of obedience requires all to give due honor to authority and to treat those who are charged to exercise it with respect, and, insofar as it is deserved, with gratitude and good-will." ([i]Catechism of the Catholic Church[/i], No. 1900)

This says we only need treat BO with gratitude if he deserves it (which he certainly doesn't!), but it says that we do need to respect him as long as he is our President.

Edited by Resurrexi

no <_< he will not recieve any gratitude from me for destroying everything this country stands for. and certianly no respect.

Edited by pat22