An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wild Party Alternatives

tinytherese

The whole wild party thing always used to irritate the heck out of me and my best friend. Why do people feel like they have to be under the influence of something to have a good time?
I'll be honest I didn't take the time to read this whole thread, it kind of looks like it devolved over the last few pages into arguing about whether dancing or grinding is sinful or something ...:blink: Anyway, good alternatives are getting people together to make sundaes and play poker or some other fun card/board game. You can still be rowdy and hilarious and have loads of fun without getting drunk or doing drugs or anything of that nature. You can even play music and dance (I'm not getting into the grinding debate, I just mean dance). Its also fun to rent a silly movie that everyone can chat through and/or make fun of the whole time. Honestly, take ideas from kids parties! Who doesnt have fun having water fights or jumping on a trampoline or playing capture the flag. Believe me, its still fun as an adult, and you can usually come up with clever twists on things that make it more fun :) Hope that helps, I know how annoying college kids are about doing anything that doesnt involved drinking and making out etc....

princessgianna

I am considering getting a couple friends together and we will totally don the 1940 ish look and spend the day at the park, zoo, lunch , shopping but with a 1940 attitude! We are still discussing though!