An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wild Party Alternatives

tinytherese

Nihil Obstat

It's correct grammar to capitalize proper nouns. <_<
That's why k.d. lang bugs the heck out of me.

sidemunch88

I noticed one of the peoples things said Coast guard academy

:lol: :lol_pound:

of man i have not laughed so had in a while

sorry :lol:

sidemunch88

[quote name='pat22' post='1891470' date='Jun 15 2009, 03:38 PM']I got it!!!! blow up an abortion clinic! thats always great fun! course I've only done it a few times, ask someone else for pointers on setting the timer.[/quote]
:lol:

:smokey: :smokey: :smokey: :smokey: :smokey:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='pat22' post='1895758' date='Jun 19 2009, 12:14 AM']sorry, but oboma is not proper(not gramaticly speaking).[/quote]
I also capitalize Nero, Vlad the Impaler, Adolph Hitler, and Satan himself. Capitalizing a name, according to the rules of grammar, does not make a value judgement regarding the subject being referred to.
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1896961' date='Jun 20 2009, 09:29 PM']I also capitalize Nero, Vlad the Impaler, Adolph Hitler, and Satan himself. Capitalizing a name, according to the rules of grammar, does not make a value judgement regarding the subject being referred to.
:rolleyes:[/quote]

Don't be dissing Vlad the Impaler. He was covert to Catholicism. He also had a cool mustache.

:unsure:

Edited by Resurrexi

Nihil Obstat

Wow. That is something I've never heard before. I'm going to have to read up about him when I have a spare moment.

So, how is it lately? Your friend okay?? The problem with suicide related topics is that girls talk and think about it and they enjoy the misery and pity...

What kind of hobbies do they have (or she in particular) and what do they fan? E.g you could do a Bob Marley evening, where everyone wears something related to him, you listen to his music, maybe watch a movie related to him in some way. Learn some ability, habit or whatever and cook something Jamaican ;)

Go girl !!!

tinytherese

Well since I'm home for the summer and my friends are distances away I can't be there with them right now and two of them in particular hide their secret life of troubles for the most part (and one of them has a lot more to her story but she confides in someone else all of the details and hides what she knows from the rest of us so that we only get a small fraction of what is really going on.)

A lot of my suitemates and I are transfering to other schools since our old one was only a two year one, so we won't be seeing each other all together for quite some time. I really do hope that things work out for everyone. It's painful to watch them go through all of this and some of them get very "It's none of your business!" when we try to help them. One of them for the most part doesn't tell anyone what is going on and we have to find out from other people what is happening with her.