An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Your Team Won't Win The Stanley Cup

XIX

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Arpy' post='1834187' date='Apr 13 2009, 05:08 PM']It was my polite way of saying hockey is lame. :mellow:[/quote]

And still you participate in a hockey thread. I understand completely. :mellow:

[quote name='Arpy' post='1834302' date='Apr 13 2009, 08:15 PM']I bet you didn't expect the Cheezburger Inquisition.[/quote]
Nobody expects the Cheezburger Inquisition!

First round:

Bruins in 6
Caps in 7
Devils in 7
Pens in 4
Sharks in 7
Wings in 5
Canucks in 5
Flames in 6

Second round:
Pens in 6
Devils in 6
Sharks in 6
Wings in 7

ECF: Pens in...um...six. Again.
WCF: Wings in 7

I just talked myself into predicting a repeat of last year's Final. :huh:
I'm giving the Wings the edge over the Sharks based on the fact that they could still decide to start Conklin. Ozzie could also have a good playoffs, but I doubt it. Pens are only a 4 seed and even then they probably deserve a 6 seed, but the Dan Bylsma version of the Pens has been as good as any team in the league.

Cup:

Wings in 7. Only because they'd have home ice.

Man I'd sell my left kidney to see that matchup.

princessgianna

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1833964' date='Apr 13 2009, 03:26 PM'][b][size=7]GO BLUES!
[/size][/b]
----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/foo+fighters/track/the+pretender"]Foo Fighters - The Pretender[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]

ohhh you mean [size=7][b]THE LOSERS!! [/b][/size]

I think Biron and Crosby should just hug in the center of the ice like Bart and Lisa did in that one episode of the Simpsons.

Now that the matchups are final, some commentary is necessary.

I love that the Sharks play the Ducks in the first round. Obviously the Sharks will win, but this means that the Ducks will get a chance to put a real hurt on them before going back home to play some golf. Anaheim has one of the most physical teams this year and will grind out their losses in a way that makes everyone in the western conference happy that they don't have to travel out west AND play that team.

Columbus has a red hot goaltender, which is scary for Detroit fans, JS Giguerre a few years ago pulled it off against the Wings as did Flames star Mikka Kiprusoff. Columbus could easily be the dark horse here if Detroit continues to play lackadaisically like they have the last 2 weeks.

The Calgary and Chicago matchup will be some of the best hockey you see this year, imo.

Pittsburgh has the unfortunate disadvantage of running into the Flyers early in the year with very little separating the 2 teams. This will be a series to keep an eye on, as it will get ugly, the instate rivalry will bring some great story lines and epic battle of will between these 2 clubs. Pittsburgh should win, since they outgun the flyers, but look for them to be worn down going into the 2nd round.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1834719' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:40 PM']ohhh you mean [size=7][b]THE LOSERS!! [/b][/size][/quote]
You're a Calgary fan. I can feel it.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1834868' date='Apr 13 2009, 11:58 PM']Why aren't you people discussing this in Paladin's thread? Is it because he's a Flyers fan?[/quote]
It's on par with formal apostasy.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='XIX' post='1834716' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:38 PM']I just talked myself into predicting a repeat of last year's Final. :huh:
I'm giving the Wings the edge over the Sharks based on the fact that they could still decide to start Conklin. Ozzie could also have a good playoffs, but I doubt it. Pens are only a 4 seed and even then they probably deserve a 6 seed, but the Dan Bylsma version of the Pens has been as good as any team in the league.

Cup:

Wings in 7. Only because they'd have home ice.

Man I'd sell my left kidney to see that matchup.[/quote]

*covers ears*
LALALALALALALALALA NOT LISTENING
LALALALALALALALALALALA

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1834875' date='Apr 14 2009, 12:03 AM']It's on par with formal apostasy.[/quote]
Come to think of it, so is being a Pens fan.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1834897' date='Apr 14 2009, 02:11 AM']Come to think of it, so is being a Pens fan.[/quote]
iawtc