An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

IcePrincessKRS

Latest from Joe:
[b]
at the hospital playing with Fiona. Sara is in with Brodie. The surgen told us that they are going to close him up tomorrow.[/b]

:clap:

StColette

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1859577' date='May 6 2009, 12:13 PM']Latest from Joe:
[b]
at the hospital playing with Fiona. Sara is in with Brodie. The surgen told us that they are going to close him up tomorrow.[/b]

:clap:[/quote]

Yay!

IcePrincessKRS

Yes, hopefully once they get his chest sewn up Sara and Joe will be able to hold him again. I know as a mother being unable to hold, comfort, and nurse my baby when they are sick would be one of the hardest things to deal with. You feel helpless enough as it is. :( But he's doing really well, so that is definite good news. :))

IcePrincessKRS

I am TOTALLY stoked to share this latest update from Joe, such awesome news, Brodie is a real trooper!!

[b] is happy with the latest news...Brodie is the most stable child in the PICU when he should be one of the least stable...thank you all for your prayers. However, there is a saying that ''you can never trust a hypoplast'' so I guess it can take a turn at any point...let's hope it just keeps getting better.[/b]

CatherineM

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1859744' date='May 6 2009, 03:07 PM']I am TOTALLY stoked to share this latest update from Joe, such awesome news, Brodie is a real trooper!!

[b] is happy with the latest news...Brodie is the most stable child in the PICU when he should be one of the least stable...thank you all for your prayers. However, there is a saying that ''you can never trust a hypoplast'' so I guess it can take a turn at any point...let's hope it just keeps getting better.[/b][/quote]

First in his class, and at such a young age. The Valedictorian of PICU.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1859951' date='May 6 2009, 07:42 PM']First in his class, and at such a young age. The Valedictorian of PICU.[/quote]

:hehe:

Joe's last two updates:

[b]just got home from visiting with Brodie. He stayed awake for us for a very long time...but his fist was clenched and later he cried silently. But then his nurse upped the pain meds and he went back to sleep. He also had the hiccups which I cannot imagine were very comfortable. We read him his bedtime stories and prayed with him while he was awake. Back to the hospital around 9 tomorrow. He gets sewed up around 11.

Just fed his daughter string coagulated milk, craisens and cheerios for breakfast. We're going to head over to the hospital a bit early today to be with Brodie before he gets his chest sewed up. Thank you all for your support and prayers. I know that my son has benefitted from them. His stable condition is a testament to that.[/b]

CatherineM

I remember my first case of hiccups after having my gallbladder removed. I thought my intestines were going to fly across the room like a bad Monty Python script. Poor little guy. I guess if they can't hold him they can't burp him either.

IcePrincessKRS

Joe's latest update:

[b]is at home napping with Fiona. Brodie has yet to be closed up cause some other kid came in as an emergency and needed to go to the OR. Should still happen today. They say he didn't read the book and is doing great. He is text book. Good boy, Brodie![/b]

And funny comments from Joe's older brother:

[i]Go Brodie Go!
I am willing him all my magical "big brother strength" ;-)[/i]

Prayers for the emergency baby/child. :( :pray: Amidst all the joy we have over Brodie's success thus far there's still so many out there not doing as well as he is.

Also, update on Patrick, the baby who had his heart surgery the same day as Brodie:

[b] Patrick is out of ICU, has been nursing and we've been holding him all the time now. We hope to go home tomorrow![/b]

IcePrincessKRS

The didn't close up Brodie's chest last night because the emergency child needed a lot of work/attention. :( Poor little thing. Brodie, on the other hand, continues to do very well and should be sewed up sometime this morning.

Update from Joe (late last night):
[b]
Brodie should be back together again by about 12 on Friday. Then he can have his first meal! I'm pretty excited for him. He didn't waNt to go back to sleep tonight while we were at his bedside. He kept fighting it...kept one eye open to make sure we didn't leave until 1230 again. He has lost all the extra water weight and looks like himself again...[/b]

IcePrincessKRS
:love:

Brodie's chest was sewn up around noon and he's been doing very well. I'm not sure if he's gotten to eat his first official meal or not yet, but I think that was supposed to happen today, too.